Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vetiver & Blackcurrant

This one's name, Vetiver & Blackcurrant, reflects its note strength. Both on the wand and freshly on skin, this is *vetiver* and then some blackcurrant warms up in the mix later.

The vetiver shows up on me as dry and woody with a bit of charred smokiness. Actually, it reminds me of wood that looks dry, but is a bit damp internally and takes a long time to burn. When it does burn, it produces little flame, but it chars and smokes.

Blackcurrant casts a shade of dark sweetness over the wood in drydown. This is a welcome change, bringing some fullness... The scent of a dark, forgotten wood with many dark fruits and a few dark animals, but no sun, no visitors, and no movie soundtrack.

I'm actually really kind of digging this. It's possibly the signature scent of my inner Queen of Darkness, inasmuch as we all carry the archetype.

Woody, gritty vetiver with a bit black currant. It's dark, woody, and gritty. Good throw and wear length.

smoky, dry vetiver, leaning towards bitterness, but brought up short by a little slinky dark sweetness from the black currant.  

i tend to like the 2 and 3-note blends because of their simplicity (and sometimes their hidden depth,) but this one does feel incomplete somehow.  i like it though, and it might make a nice layering note.