Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Tobacco & Pine Needle

In the decant, it's mostly about the pine, and it starts off that way on the skin as well, but the tobacco note emerges more over time until it ends up being more tobacco than pine needle. This isn't the Lab's French tobacco, it isn't sweet, and it isn't the white tobacco that has been included in a lot of popular scents as of late -- it is actually rather sharp to my nose. It comes off as somewhat cologne-like, so I'd say this one is a unisex to masculine scent. 

Sadly, the sharpness of the tobacco threatens to give me a headache whenever I sniff it, so this duet is not for me. :( 

Strong, dusty, sour pine in the bottle and on application. As it dries, it turns into a very cologne-y tobacco, which is frankly unpleasant. I had to wash it off. Oh well, off to swaps for someone else to enjoy it more.

Tobacco and Pine Needle starts out as sharp pine and a little sharp tobacco.  Generally, pine sweetens and softens on my skin; that doesn't exactly happen here.  It does transform into a cologne-y tobacco, as the previous reviewers also experienced, with a pine backdrop.  I happen to enjoy the more masculine spectrum of scents, so this isn't a problem for me.  It's not a sweet, chewy tobacco; it's a drier one. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but I am going to hang onto the decant because I suspect it will mature into something really worthwhile. 

This is one of the most masculine BPALs that I ever sniffed.  Super strong resin and spicy tobacco---dries down to something that would be Old Spice if Old Spice was re-incarnated as an amazing BPAL perfume.  Hard to describe otherwise.

Spicy cologney tobacco and pine resin. This codes as very masculine to me. Good throw and wear length.