Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pink Roses & Pink Peppercorn

Was on the fence when I first got this, but I wanted to expand the roses in my collection. VERY nice, unusually understated. In the bottle: Pink roses initially, with a teeny bit of spice hitting on the back of the first sniff. Roses are NOT gourmand but almost, almost within an inch of sugared rose petals. On, wet: The sweet edge of the rose calms down immediately and a very, very gentle sort of spice starts to develop. Drydown: Left with a very clean, light, slightly spicy pink floral that stays very close to the skin and almost melts into a sort of skin note. Super pretty and a very good option if you want to wear rose but don't want to overwhelm anyone, including yourself or if you throw rose like a fiend or both.

Pink peppercorn with a lemony rose, eventually settles down into soft, faint pink rose. 

Soft pink roses, a bit soapy at first. Feels a bit nostalgic and haunted, like the perfume of a sad ghost bride. I wait a few minutes...same vibe. No peppercorn here. I think I’ll give it to my daughter who’s quite into haunted hotels and such at the moment. 

Lemon balm (wat?), grass, rose, faint hints of soap and metal (again wat?). No pepper or anything sweet. It's just okay on me, might layer or age well. Smells like something a hedge witch would use to keep bugs away. Say, that's not a bad idea. ;)