Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Mandarin & Osmanthus

Mandarin and Osmanthus starts off with the mandarin being the most prominent note. It's a true fresh mandarin and not soapy like the Red Mandarin, French Lavender, and Juniper trio. The osmanthus ends up peeking out after it has been on the skin for a bit, and after a while, it overtakes the mandarin, so that it ends up being a gentle floral scent backed by just a hint of mandarin.

This is pleasant, but not something I'd probably reach for. But I'm really happy I decided to try this, because I feel like it will help me be able to pick out osmanthus better when it is listed in a scent. :) 

In my decant and once on, I get a sweet, fresh, non-soapy mandarin. The osmanthus starts to come out more as it dries down and is pretty well-balanced with the mandarin -- it's a soft, gentle yellow floral, almost a little peach-like. No soapy, screechy, or intensely citrusy notes here. I do wish it had a little more staying power, but it's pleasant while it lasts. If you like the idea of a citrus floral but are worried about the notes getting out of hand, give this a shot.

Osthmanthus smells like a white-ish floral to me. The mandarin provides a citrus overlay, so it ends up like a soft, white floral with citrus overtones. Medium throw and wear length.