Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Sandalwood & Lily of the Valley

Oh wow, first review :blush:. Hope I can help out any people who are interested in trying this!

This is the first Winter Duet I have tried. And while I've had oils with sandalwood, this is my first with lily of the valley. The sandalwood is present, but in the background. The lily of the valley is the star of this perfume, and it is a beautiful scent. It isn't cloying to me, it's soft and sweet. A little bit of a resemblance to baby powder, honestly. I really like clean, fresh linen scents so if you like those as well this could be a good fit for you.

The throw is on the low side and so is the wear sadly. It was almost completely gone within 30 minutes. I think I'll be content with my decant and won't be searching for a bottle. Glad I got to try lily of the valley, and am eager to try more oils with that note in the future.

This is a pretty, classic, gentle white floral. It's primarily lily of the valley, with the sandalwood in the background softening the scent and keeping the white floral note from getting screechy. The lily of the valley does go soapy for a little bit, but it eventually settles. So, overall, gentle white floral and soft sandalwood. It has a sort of vintage feel to it. Fairly low throw and moderate wear time on me.

This one is a very faint on me white floral. Sort of soapy. Lily of the valleys don't have a very strong scent in real life, and its got that sort of snowdrop fragility. Low throw and wear length.