Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Black Coffee

Sniffing in the decant, yummy coffee... seems it isn't all black coffee, maybe a hint of cream! On my skin, it is a good coffee scent, not burnt as some has been to me and not bitter. This, to me smells like a good cup of joe on my skin! This is great alone and I bet it would work to layer with another scent!! Might have to get a bottle! :)

American black coffee in the bottle. Something slightly sweet and spicy comes in on application and as it’s drying. This is nice! Mostly gone in half an hour, leaving traces of coffee and maybe a sweet vanilla or a cream. I was expecting it to be more bitter given the opening and I'm pleased it's not.

This is all coffee in the imp, but as soon as it hits my skin it becomes sweeter and woodier. There is still a coffee note wafting around, but the incense-y wood note dominates, along with a sugary sweetness.

Throw is low, but it lasts fairly well on my skin.  Sweet, woodsy incense and a cup of coffee.

Black, slightly sweetened, STRONG coffee. This is what I imagine Turkish coffee (which I've never had) would be like. Not bitter at all, just lovely, sweet, DARK coffee. The lasting power is really good too - I applied about 8 hours ago and it's still going strong.

Strong, dark, sweet coffee, rich and true.  Not much throw (standard for me) but good wear length.  This works really well on me.  

I agree with the small amount of spice. And perhaps some cream and sugar. Maybe just a hint of vanilla and sugar. It's sweeter than i expected, which I really enjoy. This is like being heads-down in a coffee shop, working on something you enjoy. I think it's a great smell, but I think my chemistry sucks up coffee really quickly, so I don't think I can really speak to the wear length.

Edited by torikitty

This is a very dark and rich coffee.

It doesn't go all cacao bean or cocoa on me but stays true to the scent of roasted coffee beans without the bitterness that often comes with them.

I din't get any cream from it, but there might be some sugar that makes the blend sweeter than your average black coffee.

During drydown, I can detect a sandalwood note that gives this a bit more dry depth. But it is not pencil shavings, so don't worry. There might even be a vanilla creaminess showing up after all.

Very wearable - a pleasant surprise.

I think my decant should last me a while and be good for an extra jolt of energy, but I am also really intrigued what layering options I could have (and if I should think about a bottle purchase after all).

To start off, the throw on this is really good! This is a very black and bitter coffee, no sugar/cream/milk to be found but I think there may be a touch of cinnamon. Almost smells kinda burnt to my nose. I don't drink coffee often and definitely not black, so that just may be the regular coffee smell. 

A little dark for me, I like my coffee perfumes with tons of cream and milk like in real life. But if you want to make the coffee stronger in a blend, this could be good for layering. 

This is a delicious black coffee, strong, from the bottle and wet. I want to love this so so much but my skin chemistry betrays me in turning this suuuuuuuuper woody. Like it makes me think of balsa wood. The coffee note becomes so faint that I don't know if I should keep this bottle but I love a good coffee???  I think this may be better off for layering so we'll see if I remember to come back and provide an update on that.