Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Burnt Cocoa Bombs

Lilith has been obsessed with making hot chocolate bombs for weeks. She lost the instructions, but she was determined to make them anyway. We don’t have a double boiler, so she made a makeshift one. Lilith got impatient and decided to microwave the chocolate chips, and then she got distracted and wandered off.

It’s a total disaster, but the house smells great.

Smells like melted sweet chocolate. Yup, basically chocolate. Maybe there's a slight bitter edge to it? Either way, smells like chocolate. Medium throw and wear length.

I was worried about how burnt these would be but no need. In the imp this smells like Tootsie Rolls, but like if they were made with a bit fancier chocolate. On my skin it's a bit more dry cocoa-y with a smoky, bitterish edge to balance the sweetness. 

Smoky cocoa with a hint of bitterness. Definitely not for me, but I can see chocolate lovers who also enjoy a hint of smokiness really like this.

It's burnt, alright, like stuck to the bottom of the pan. After 20 minutes I'm getting the bitter cocoa wafting out of the smoke. I'm reminded of the Gorobble, but with bitter chocolate.  A very unique scent, even for a 'fumie chocoholic. Plans include aging and layering.

Burnt smoky dark chocolate is what it starts out with wet, but as it dries I start to get some of the little vanilla marshmallows. The burnt note is very strong and almost keeps this from being foodie. Almost reminds me of coal or a chimney. Enjoying this, there's enough sweetness from the chocolate that makes the smoke in this wearable for me.

I was hoping this would be like the cocoa equivalent of a burnt chocolate chip cookie. But what it actually is is cocoa mixed with woodsmoke.

I'll stick with Baby's First Krampuslauf.