Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A spicy Sicilian lemon-frosted cookie filled with Calimyrna figs, dried dates, orange peel, dark rum, and almond paste.

At first, I get orange peel, almond, lemon icing, figs, and dates from this, but over time, the almond note fades, the lemon and orange become less prominent and less sweet, and the figs and dates become the stars of the show, accompanied by the dark rum.

I really enjoyed the combination of almond paste and orange peel in the beginning, and wish the almond had stuck around more on my skin and it remained as citrus-heavy as it was initially. Alas. In the end, it is too fig and rum heavy on me. Fans of fig scents should definitely check this one out, though!

Edited by doomsday_disco

This started out all almond cookie, toasty amaretto. But became ever more spicy with time. Husband thought I smelled like the Olde Spice Shoppe on Main Street, which is not saying he likes it as a scent on me. Familiar, yes. But not attractive on a person. It did capture precisely that potpourri of baking spices and orange pekoe tea. I enjoyed the nutty aspects of this, but I think the fig/dates/orange feel tipped the scales for me into home fragrance, not people fragrance.

Almond, rum, orange peel, and a bit of fig.  I don't smell dates, per se, but I'd believe they're in here.  Honestly, this really smells like fruitcake to me.  It's nice, and definitely foody, but I think people who dig fruity smells might like this too.  I get more candied fruit that "baked good."  Like any good fruit cake, there's a lot of stuff crammed in here, and I'm enjoying the notes shifting around as I sniff.  

As it starts to dry down, the lemon is finally making an appearance.  It's adding more of a dry bite to the fragrance than any citrus juiciness, and makes things a little less sweet.  I'm also getting some nice spice.  No cinnamon.  And yeah, I agree with groovyrooby; I could see this being a good holiday tea.  :)   So, much less fruity and much less baked good, but still very festive.  A fun holiday scent journey, and a nice, cozy alternative to more traditional Christmas perfumes.

Spices and pastry/dough in the bottle. Goes on as spices and rum with a hint of almond extract. Continues as a stale kind of rum scent, like “rum extract,” when that was a thing. More of the date and lemon emerges as it dries completely. Finishes as a vaguely spicy, vaguely citrus date which is surprisingly appealing. A moist spice, not "eating the bottle of cinnamon directly" spice.

I would probably eat 20 of these — in fact, being Sicilian, I'm sure I have at past holidays — but I don’t think I’d wear it often.

Cucidati is gorgeous!

redolent but not overpowering. It isn’t overly sweet, but it’s definitely has key citrus,

spice and just baked aroma contributions that balance the blend perfectly.
Cudidati has a warm from the oven smell that snakes through your abode, warming it with the spicy baked imprint (that hangs around!) of a fresh  batch of special Winter treats. The spices mingle together and the individual notes blend together in a layered and beautiful way, becoming more distinct after about 10 minutes. Something smells almost savory, and it ️totally️ works with the other notes in Cucidati. This is a perfectly balanced and straight-up, grown-up  sexy Italian Biscotti to my nose in every way. that would pair really well with an espresso/coffee Winter blend. If I didn’t love Biscotti so much, I’d say it reminded me of gingerbread, but this is the smell of a home or Sicilian bakery after the oven is opened, warmed by tradition and a recipe that is cherished and has been handed down and perfected. There is not a hint of craft store in Cucidati.The almond note is really beautiful and gourmand, not like a strong cherry-almond, more of a perfect almond paste baked into the Cucidati. The biscotti vibe I’ve been getting is still going strong after a couple of hours.
I don’t know how, but Beth somehow stuffed the toasty and sweet scent of Italian dessert perfection into a bottle. It has staying power, and doesn’t get muddy at all. (translation; the notes stay distinct to me)

I might need an extra bottle of this, it is a very unique scent!

Edited by HeavenScent

Dates, oranges, spices and almond cookie. This smells like a great cookie. Very holiday oriented. Good throw and wear length.

For this to have so many notes that have such distinct scents on their own, this is surprisingly muddled to me, and in the end I get ... gingerbread. :mellow:

In the imp this is the spirit of holiday baking: sweet, rich, and spiced. On my skin the date, fig, and rum are most prominent initially with almond following closely. Luckily it stays more nutty and not cherryish. It's rich and chewy and just about the coziest thing I've ever sniffed. As it sits I get more orange and lemon brightening things up. This is a bottle and I'm definitely making Cucidati next year

I wanted to like this so bad. In the decant, I get sweet spices, warm rum, and citrus. It smells so yummy. On my skin, those spices go sharp and chemically. Eventually, the spices settle a bit, and I get a hint of the lemon drifting in and out, and then... Gingerbread. Just gingerbread. Nothing distinctive or easy to separate. Just craft-store-at-Christmastime gingerbread *cries*

Cucidati is a very wearable foodie.  It started out marzipan with some bright citrus and spice, then over 20 minutes or so it gradually warmed into a sticky, boozy fig and date.  I gave my decant to my sister who actually makes cucidati, but I will be on the lookout for another one as it's as mood-lifting as a tray of holiday cookies. 

Wet: Spiced cookie with almond, rum, and orange peel. Yum.

Dry: The spices have faded a bit, and I can't smell any orange peel anymore. The almond and rum are lighter than before, but overall this is just a lightly-spiced cookie scent now.

It's not bad, but a bit mild for my taste.

Boozy orange peel and earthy-sweet fig paste is wrapped in a warm, muddled haze of rich cookie dough. The lemon tang squeezes through but is softened by the caramelized tones of the dried dates. It's a hug from Nonna in a bottle.

So gooooood!

Sweet, with complex aromatic interactions between the figs, almond, & orange peel. It seems spicy, even though no spices are listed. The spiciness dies down after about 2 hours on my skin, but lasts & lasts in a locket. Dry on my skin, it's closely related to Sugar Skull.

When I first got this I got a very strong savoriness that really reminded me of the stuffing note I pick up in Drink Me, so I never even tested it and put the bottle away to think about what it did. I finally ended up testing it tonight and age has helped a lot. I still get a bit of savory but it’s tolerable now (mostly), and I do get all of the listed notes. It starts out mainly as a baked cookie with almond paste. There is citrus present but not strong, a bit of rum, and the dates and figs are in the background. After a bit the fig/date combo comes forward and the citrus falls back, and it becomes more prominently spiced. 

I'm going to let this age a little longer and see if I can wait out whatever that savory weirdness is. If not, to the swap pile.