Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Oatmeal and Apple Spice Cookies

My original impression of this when it arrived was that it featured the same roasted apple note from Lambs-Wool, but this features a much fresher apple note than that one. It's very apple-forward and brown sugary, with some oats lingering in the background, but not very cookie-like on my skin, sadly. There also isn't much spice to it, so those with sensitive skin need not worry about this one being an irritant.

I think those that are wanting apples and brown sugar will be pleased, but those hoping for more cookie than apple might be a little disappointed. I'm going to let this rest for a few weeks and retest it and see if it has changed with more time to settle. Because it is nice... but I was really hoping for more cookie.

This didn't work for me as perfume, but worked nicely as a room scent. Applied to my skin, it smelled like an oatmeal cookie dipped in cleaning fluid. Really not good. I tried multiple times but it was always both doughy and astringent, so I gave up and burned it as a room oil.... and then it smells like oatmeal and apple. 

Spiced, cooked apple backed by nuts and comfy oatmeal cookies.

At first, this has a spiced apple focus, but nuts and oatmeal cookies soon come out. Ample brown sugar appears in early drydown. I'd like to spend some time in this kitchen.

The blend as a whole is nearly woody in its combined notes -- and, when it first arrived, I thought I was getting some traces of wood notes stashed away in it. I love the effect.

This is the welcoming scent of a cozy brown and wood-toned country kitchen, and I'm more than a little tempted to bottle.

Mostly grains with a little fresh apple juice in the bottle. Goes on as wet cereal with fresh apple juice. Brown sugar and a breath of nutmeg come in as it dries. Fades back to regular apple juice. Finishes as soggy apple oatmeal.

This is very cozy!

While wet, it's very much baked red apples with soft spices and sugar, and I don't really get much oatmeal or cookie. Reminds me a bit of Lambs-Wool and the other spiced cider scents.

As it dries, the grain notes come to the forefront and the scent becomes primarily oatmeal flavored with apple cider and a touch of spice. There's a little bit of woody nuttiness to the scent, as well, but "cookie" never really makes an appearance. I was prepared to death match this against Sugar Cookie, but now I'm more interested in layering them.

Apple spice, brown sugar apples, and oatmeal! It starts out heavy on the apple spice note, but that eventually settles down as the oatmeal and apple notes get stronger. This doesn't really resemble cookies to me, it reminds me more of oatmeal with apples in it and the warm brown sugar cinnamon apple dessert.

Really enjoying this, I was actually hoping for an oatmeal cookie scent in the stalking page so this was a must have for me! 

Like doomsday_disco mentioned, there's something in here - the baked apple, most likely! - that immediately made me think of Lambs-Wool, which I love (and have two bottles of, from different years). This doesn't have cream or ale notes, but it has tons of spiced apple and brown sugar notes, and a warm rich oatmeal base. I'm not sure I get cookies as such, but I don't mind - it's delicious and I want to nibble my arm!

From the bottle rises fresh diced apples with oats and walnuts, tossed together in a mixing bowl with sugar and grated nutmeg. On the skin, the edges brown as that cookie element bakes into view, but make no mistake; this is all about the sugared apples, subtle spice, and nutty, oaty bits.