Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Winter Scene in Little Russia

Winter Scene in Little Russia is evocative of a landscape blanketed in bright snow. It starts off being pine forward. The smoke part of the pine is present, but doesn't become more prominent until later in wear on me. The pine is backed by the lavender and white tea snow, lending that bright, wintery feel. The Bulgarian lavender note isn't the lavender used in the Lilith scents, so like Tom and Galen mentioned in their review, this isn't a comforting type of scent. I wouldn't even classify this as a lavender scent to fellow lavender fans. Eventually, the smoke of the pine smoke takes over on me, which has some champaca in it.

I'm iffy on the pine smoke due to the champaca, but those that aren't averse to it and are looking for a non-minty wintery scent with pine smoke wafting throughout should enjoy this blend.

Softly evocative of a quiet, remote winter scene: faint lavender, white tea, a trace of snow, and a whiff of smoke to open. Sometimes I think I get a little hint of bergamot.

This is a softer lavender than is present in a lot of Lab scents. There was a different lavender essential oil I got once that was so soft, I needed about twice as much for a similar impact to French lavender. I think it was a Greek lavender. This lavender's softness reminds me of that.

The smoke develops a little pine to it in drydown, and sometime after drydown, the lavender fades out.

This is a skin-soft scent for me as a whole. I thought I would be wild about it, and I'm enjoying the decant. But it might be a bit faint and short-lived for me to justify a bottle.

Wet on my wrist, this is dark and sticky pine sap and smoke, trees upon trees mingling with sweet slush and tea with a touch of citrus. Wow, I’m loving the forestry vibe of this blend! It reminds me of the dried pinion that I burn on charcoal disks.
Gorgeous and complex white tea steeped with lavender come out as it dries. It’s like a wild celebratory bonfire at night in a forest with the snow note adding a fresh and kind of floral component and mingling with the smoky pine a little bit, then switching to the white tea at the forefront and becoming more of a pure tea with a squeeze of citrus scent as it evolves.
The floral note is not overpowering, it’s in the forefront crisp and white, a whiff of pure white flowers from the lap of the person sitting next to you mingling with wafting poofs of lavender. It adds a gorgeous depth to the fading pine.
The pine needles crunched in snow stay until the end though, never fading completely and it lasts for SO long!
A few hours later: this is still the scent of beautiful white lavender tea. It seems to have somehow morphed into a more redolent tea, more mul-tea faceted. 🙂 

I will be buying a bottle of this. It hits all my notes: herby lavender (courtesy of the tea) sweetened by the BPAL snow note, and the smoke gives it this lovely depth and interest. I favor "pale" scents like this, but the pine smoke sets it apart from my other pale scents.

Smoky lavender and slushy snow. The smoke is more prominent on wet, but fades in the drydown. Medium throw and wear length.

Needed a calming scent so tried my new bottle of this.  Very nice, a departure from what I usually like.  In the bottle:  Woodsmoke and lavender, with a hint of the Lab's snow scent.  On, wet:  The tea note comes out a bit, along with teeny pops of pine.  Drydown:  I'm left with a gently floral tea note; very pretty!  Pine fades away and only the tiniest hint of smoke--registers more like "warmth"--remains.  Stays close to skin on me, and wears off after about 4 hours.

This is not at all the type of scent that I usually go for. My partner requested a decant of this from the Winter collection and graciously let me try it, and it is the only scent from the Winter collection that I absolutely need a bottle of. In fact, this will be only the second scent that I've bought a full bottle of. This is a soft, very herbal lavender. Some lavender is more floral, and some is more herbal, and this lavender skews heavily toward the herbal. I can smell both the pine and the smoke, but they're somehow separate and the same. There's pine smoke, but there's also the smell of freshly crushed pine needles. The white tea is herbal, but slightly sweet to me (or maybe that's the snow note?), and it really just ties this all together. This honestly smells like a crisp winter wind. The kind that kind of burns the back of your nose a little. But there's something soft and slightly sweet about this, too. It's irresistible, and I love it. 

This starts off as a very peppery pine and lavender blend.

It's herbal and not smokey at all on me.

It mellows down rather quickly, and I think the fragrant "snow" note appears.

During drydown, I get a very faint smokiness that's neither tobacco nor bonfire. It's almost a bit of ashes with liquorice, a sweetness that goes well with the soft herbal notes and resins.

The tea note is bright, sweet and floral. The lavender doesn't stand out but blends in well with the rest.

The pine disappears almost completely and may only be noticeable as a resinous backdrop for the "lavender tea with liquorice root" that I'm getting.

I'm still debating if I need a bottle of this or not. I keep huffing my arm, and I can see myself using the scent as supporter for good sleep.

It's definitely different from what I had imagined, a pleasant surprise.

Very wearable - and a recommendation for tea lovers!

I mostly smell the white tea and snow (I'm not sure what the snow note is, but maybe white musk and a tiny bit of eucalyptus?) with only the faintest whiff of the pine smoke. I think the lavender gets overhwelmed by the other notes. I agree it's a very pale scent. Worth trying if you really like white tea.

In the imp: Lavender, tea, and smoky pine.

Wet: Soapy and smoke-laden lavender, aquatic drifts of snow. 

Dry: Lavender, bitter pine, smoky tea. A very short-lived scent, though medium to strong throw before it fades off.

Stars: ★★★★

Clean lavender, fuzzy, greyish light smoke, Ivory soap edge, light floral vibe, light smoky. my mind is bringing up iris/Oris musk, though no listed notes. This scent is like a clean cut business casual remix of To a Wreath of Snow. I love the lab's other lavenders and tea notes, though I tend to favor big heavy sweet scents. This isn't for me, but is a pleasant slightly mysterious violet acting clean lavender. Nice.

Edited by Supertrooper Omni