Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Wheatstacks, Snow Effect, Morning

Gorgeous scent for peach lovers. Would also make a great scent for a professional scent. Tested this morning (just following instructions!) from a bottle that arrived in the mail yesterday.

I am a peach note junkie, and this is no disappointment. Out of the bottle it's the strongest - sweet and juicy - but it settles down quickly. I get a little something lemony and grassy, kind of how I wish lemongrass would whisper instead of scream on me. A little dry grass, warmth, and an aromatic suggestion of peach. 

This is one I would describe as a more traditional 'perfume' scent. It's delicate and sophisticated. The peach calms down into a faint sweetness, but it endures as a light musky floral. It's got this great aura quality to it that I seek out. It casts a lovely glow of sweet (not gourmand) and floral peach that makes its presence known, but doesn't walk in the room ahead of you and doesn't differ much up close.

It's a great addition to my peach collection, closer to Fae than Alleviate the Frenzy - less suggestive, more intriguing. Very happy I blind bottled this one. If it were one of my samples, I'd probably put it on the upgrade list. 

Something about the hay, peach and musk together that, just whilst in the bottle, is reminding me in some strange way of Snow, Glass Apples. So much so that I went to look at my 13 year old review of SGA for some clues, but found very little. I am guessing that the musk in this blend is the same or similar to one that was in the mix for SGA. 

It starts to dissipate a bit as soon as it warms on the skin, though.

I though for sure that the peach was going to be really prominent in this blend but it isn't at all. The hay and the musk seem to be the dominant notes here. This is a very light, sheer scent. It really does match up with the visuals of the painting, that kind of cool, remote crystalline vibe, all pale cool-tone colors. 

I personally tend to wear heavier, richer blends in the wintertime, but this is a must-have for this with a special love of sheer musks.

This is lovely, and matches the painting very well. It's a pale, luminous pink scent. While wet, the peach and hay were the most prominent notes on me, and they continued to be fairly prominent as other notes began to appear. Together, the hay and peach have a gently sweet, warm, earthy, and dry quality that I enjoy. Either the carnation, the osmanthus, or the rooibos is adding a bit of a green quality--the sense of there being a living plant in the mix somewhere. The orris and the musk create a hazy, gentle, shimmery quality that unifies the scent. This is a scent that bridges winter and spring nicely.

The peach and pink carnations are the strongest notes to me at first and give me a bubblegum like impression. The scent becomes more complex as it dries down, with the light musk, hay, and rooibos making an appearance. I really like the hay and carnation combo, although I already have so many good hay scents that I'm not sure if I'll bottle this one yet. I adore the bottle art, though, and this scent does an amazing job of capturing that in a perfume medium. 

My first impression in the bottle is fresh peach and rooibos. On the skin the orris/carnation/peach meld together briefly to glow bright pink in the sunrise... Sweet, a little bit spicy, fresh. Hay and rooibos take over when it dries, but it's still a bit fruity even though it's no longer sugar sweet. The orris and musk round out the picture with a pale softness, and osmanthus does that thing I know from They Shut Me Up in Prose where it sort of ghosts above the body of the scent. Delicate and lovely.

So glad I blind bottled! I love the wheat stack paintings and this is a perfect representation of those colors. 

I enjoy everything about this except the carnation, which behaves obnoxiously and keeps injecting a bubblegumminess into this that I dislike.

Underneath the annoying bubblegumminess, there's a delicate dry grassy smell with a hint of fruity musk that's pretty enjoyable.  Especially with the overbearing carnation, though, it's a little too delicate for me.

I prefer The Icebergs.

Usually, blends with peach notes tend to be PEACH BLENDS *jazz hands* on me, but this is beautifully subtle. Perhaps a bit too subtle, as I really have to slather it on to get it to stay. I’d say the whole scent is “opalescent,” a little ethereal but not in an inaccessible way. I really think the simplicity of the wheat note gives it the sturdy back of working peasants but overall it’s bougie. It’s lovely.

This is a very gentle peach. I normally prefer peach blends that have more of a juiciness and sweetness to them, but this one is on the ethereal side, more like peach skin or peach blossom than peach flesh.

Well-blended, subtle, and a bit perfumey. A soft, musky fruit-tinged scent with a little freshness and a little spice. I tend to think of scents vibes as colors, and this one is a sheer pale cool-toned pink. Very fitting for the painting, but not quite what works for me.

Light, lemony hay and musk.  Bright, tart, and fruity.  It smells a bit like a musky, white tea blend.  Something goes a little sour on my skin though, and this seems to fade very quickly.  I'm not really getting any carnation.  If it's in there, it's not the spicier version.  Pretty for spring and summer, but not me.  :)

Peach, pink carnation, hay and a whiff of crystalline musk. This smells more like an iced peach, snowy carnations, and just enough golden hay to remind you that its cold outside. Good throw and wear length.

This is a subtle dry peach rooibos. Very close to the skin on me, but I'm testing alongside things like The Wellerman so that might not be helping! I think this will be lovely on warm days.

Wheatstacks on me is peach, hay and rooibos, with some cool white musk balancing out the bright hay. I’m not getting any carnation, sadly, and the wear length on me is not impressive — The Icebergs outlasted it handily. Nice but not a standout on me. 

I adore a good hay blend, so I quickly snagged some of Wheatstacks in hopes it would be a good wintry version. However, the peach and osmanthus are combining to make this VERY peach-floral, with powdery orris and perhaps a more lemony hay note than normal. I don't think this is white musk, the opalescent musk is pretty and not too dryer-sheety. I keep wanting to love the creamy hay underneath but it's buried under thick blankets of old-fashioned perfumey florals and powdered peaches. I picture someone who still uses Coty powder poofs to wear this as a perfume. 

Ultimately, I had to pass, as this is not the hay I'm looking for!

This is a quite complex, but not what I expected. I smell the tart peach camouflaged under layers of something herbal and bitter. It's more of a pastel blend and fades away fast. My only blind bottle from the Yule 2020 collection and sadly it's a miss for me.

Edited by theredkilt

Soft and delicate peaches, hay and a warm cup of rooibos, this is a beautifully calm and peaceful scent.

I love when fruits and musk come together, the result is a playful dance between the two of them (but I must say my skin is doing wonders with anything with musk in it). Stays close to the skin and wear length is good. 

Musky, pale peaches are the centerpiece of this scent for me, at least when it's wet. They're all tangled up in a kind of nondescript, floaty floral that doesn't even come close to indole and so far seems entirely non-threatening on a headache front. I also get the dryness of hay and some very gentle spiced warmth (this read to me as maybe something like white carnation at first, but looking at the notes it's probably the carnation and rooibos combining forces). This is sheer and lovely, has an almost ethereal quality to it. My only sad about this scent is how quickly my skin seems to drink it up--it lasts about two hours before becoming just the faintest bit of musky sweetness I have to press my nose to my skin to detect.

This is mostly hay, a gentle (not candy) peach, and a light musk on me. Theres a tiny touch of orris and a floral sweet that may be the carnation (not sure how rooibos smells) that unerlie the scent. Its very soft other than a bit of scratchy hay.

I kept thinking I wanted a peaches and cream scent, but when I tried the dragon con peaches they were too sweet for frequent wear (dont get me wrong, theyre still great). This is like a non-gourmand interpretation of peaches and cream.

Not a ton of throw or wear time on me, but its great for a day that just needs something gentle.