Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mountains of ice jutting through an iridescent pool of peach musk, fir needle, immortelle, white moss, crystalline turquoise musk, juniper sap, apricot rind, fleur de sel, white rose, misty orris root, and white amber.

When I open the bottle, a ripe peach explodes out in a confetti of fir needles. This belies a complex and poetic opening on the skin: the peach splits open to reveal a blooming herbal-floral note, which then is run through with a spike of fir needles. 

From there, it settles into itself. In this phase, I read it as a fruity, herbal floral with a hint of conifers and a slightly bitter edge. It is quite a bit warmer than I was expecting.

As it fades further, it becomes a clean, peachy musk, with a drier and cooler air. At about 5 hours since application, it is wearing quite close to my skin (though I should note I applied sparingly this morning). Still, I catch puffs of that peachy-musk and an occasional hint of juniper as I move about.

I was expecting an icier scent, but this is beautiful. It does move through warm and cool colors like the painting on the label. Plus, the opening is a delightful experience - it actually made me gasp. I see myself reaching for this most in the muddy, grey days of late winter as spring just begins to unfold.

So. I purchased this decant for two reasons. First, the color palette in the painting is pretty much "my" color. Second, the note list was curious to me, both in terms of what the combination of fairly opposite types of notes would smell like and also WTF is turquoise musk. 

In the decant: There is a soft peach that is at the forefront of the scent, but it's surrounded by a myriad of other, more grounded notes in the background. 

On my skin:

First, it's a little apricot and a little peach, and then it's all peach all the time, wet. As it dries, I can pick out elements of what seem like fir and maybe juniper running under the peach, supporting it. There's also something slightly airy about this, which might be crystalline turquoise musk or white amber. The peach note here is every bit as peachy as the one I get, say, in Egoyomi, but the quality of the note is less sweet and cloying. 

I really like this. It's a way to make the peach bright and fresh, and I feel like it's one of the really most peach-forward scents I have tried, where peach is the uncontested star of this show on my skin. The throw is not super strong, but it's definitely there

This screams something Lush to me. Pink and fruity. Apricot and Peach dominate. The musk's add a clean sweet note. I do really love this scent. For me a calming feminine scent. Although this screams Spring not Winter haha.  

Complexity 1/5 

Longevity 3/5 

Uniqueness 2/5 

Over all 4/5 Pink fruity fun.   

The Icebergs, when wet, is all clean Ivory soap. As it dries on skin, it settles, and I get a whiff of peach/apricot with something a bit bracing. The juniper sap? Surprisingly mellow for a blend that has such strong notes. Unfortunately, there’s also a bottom note in there that is strangely vegetal and grossly overripe, to the point of soft rot, and once my brain found it it wouldn’t let go.

Clean peach musk and a whiff of amber. This is like a winter version of the summer peaches. Less sweet, more musky, and with enough icy qualities to keep it in winter. Good throw and wear length.

In my decant, this smells like you just took a bite of a fresh peach, fuzz and all. There's a faint hint of apricot and the tiniest earthy hint of moss. On my skin, the peach is still the star, but I can smell something slightly green. It might be the fir needle, the moss, or the sap, but it's not distinct enough to place. As someone who amps rose, I was really worried that I'd get the rose out of this, but other than the slightest hint of something floral, I get none of it. The peach rescued this for me by being so strong. Toward the end, I'm getting little puffs of amber, and the scent as a whole has gotten muskier. This is in turn a warm and cool scent, and it matches the painting perfectly. 

Peachy is not usually my thing, but I kind of love this?? I don't do fruits or food flavors but  for some reason this scent is now an obsession.  I got a bottle and I have no regrets

Edited by Obsidity

Wet: Peaches and.. soap! 

Dry: Oh! No more soap! This smells like a light, crystalline peachy musk. Delicate. Pretty. Not what I expected, but I like it!

I was worried about this one going aquatic — I mean, icebergs — but I do not get soap or dryer sheets. What I get is peach with a bit of apricot. It dries down into an ambered, musky peach, quite reminiscent of the dry down of Fae on me. I was hoping for more of the evergreen notes, but they never really developed, nor did the rose. But if you love peach, this is a must. Good wear length, too. 

Now this is good, it's reminding me of Meigetsyu Ya in a way? That one is a frozen mandarin, and this is somewhat similar to that just with peaches and some florals. It is verrrry faint sadly, unlike Ya. I definitely see that soap resemblance once it starts to fade, but I like it.

The initial wet frozen peach state was lovely, I wish that stuck around longer with a better throw! Won't be upgrading though.

This is mostly peach on me - it takes a long time to dry down to something less peach dominant, and I am not sure I can wait that long. I was hoping this would be less peach forward due to all the other, seemingly contradictory, notes - and I do get some of that given a few hours - but the wait is sweet, sweet peach for too long.

I bought this when it was released and only smelled PEACH and APRICOT from it so I set it aside. I kept trying to decide if I should sell it or not and honestly, the nostalgia of the art made me hold on to it. I am soooo glad I did! Finally giving this a solid wear this morning and NOW I am getting the picture. Does it reflect the color palette of the art? Absolutely. I kept thinking about how springlike this feels, like a Luper, but I am definitely feeling a winter chill while sniffing this and am loving it. Beautiful, complex and worth the wait.