Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Snow-Covered Landscape

Blue lilac, winter narcissus, snowdrop petals, ambergris accord, white musk, ambrette seed, and wisteria.

This one starts out lilac- and snowdrop-forward -- light, springlike florals, but the pairing of these florals with the ambergris seems to soften them and give them a more wintry, soft, snowy feel (sort of like the floral/ambergris combo in To a Wreath of Snow in that respect). The florals fade super fast on me, though, and while there's still some of the scent detectable on my skin, it's veeerrrry subtle and close to the skin -- it's more faint ambergris and white musk with a fainter breath of florals beneath it. It's pretty for sure, but the fast fade means I'm probably just going to stick with my decant of this.

I'm new to snow notes, but I didn't detect anything snowy about this! Grey - perhaps. Powdery, dusty, brittle, delicate, pretty floral, like my grandma's old makeup trunk .

I ordered samples of all the Lux Brumalis because I'm an art historian and so many of them sounded gorgeous or at least intriguing.  This was one of the latter.  I don't do florals in general, but I do love lilac.  Is blue lilac actually a thing?  Because that is what this smells like to me.  Lilac and blueness.  Lilac and cool bulb flowers, lilac and pale ambergris and chilly white musk.  No ambrette that I could make out.  It's super duper pretty and way more flowery than I usually wear.  Low throw (normal on me) but decent staying power. 

Lilac, snowdrops, and somber starry blue musk. There's something sweet about this. Low throw, great wear length. It's a wistful floral scent.

This is just beautiful. I can't stop sniffing myself. It's gentle and soft, sweet florals. It makes me think of Yule scents because it has these pretty florals, but it's also "cozy" - which is probably due to the ambergris accord and ambrette seed. Like everyone notes low throw, but that is what I prefer, I like having to get up close to sniff - and I don't get a headache either.

Not sure if I will get a bottle of this, but will definitely use up the imp.

This was the winner of the Winter release for me for sure!! It is a soft, almost creamy blue floral. It reads a little sweet to me, too; lilac is the only flower I can pick out (perhaps because it's the only floral in here I'm sure I could recognize anywhere... 😛 ). Beautifully blended and delicate -- reminds me a little of the Hotaru No Yu HG, which I adore. I do have to huff my arm to smell it. 

(warning, I am new to perfumes and haven't done a review but I give my thoughts for this perfume ) At first, I could smell faint florals and white musk & ambrette seed acted almost like a pretty scent of soil in spring. It's hopeful winter, close to spring with a bit of light already but the air is cool.

After wearing for an hour I started to get the lilac and wisteria more and the ambrette moved to be a background scent. Very pretty, cool floral scent. The bottle's artwork really did capture the "cool" floral feeling of it.