Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Klosterruine Im Winter Mit Blick Auf Heisterbach

Cool aquatic pine (the 'snow' accord), and stone. There is incense far in the background, but it's indeed an 'echo'.. one that only appears later into drydown, when the opening notes grow faint. The way this scent morphs evokes the temporal experience of ducking into a sheltered alcove, a respite from the snowy forest that surrounds.

I was hoping that Klosterruine would be just stone and incense (as I associate pine so heavily with winter that I find it difficult to wear at any other time), but it's a lovely and evocative scent in its own right.

A quiet, evocative, meditative blend: soft, pale incense smoke and snow over ancient stone and forgotten shards of frankincense. Little breaths from a distant pine forest on cold stirrings of wind.

Klosterruine sets its scene perfectly. I was curious about this blend, but I didn't expect it to soothe me like it does. I might need more of this for meditation.

Fire, marble, and honestly what smells like black musk. This smells both wintery, stony, and fiery. Less of a perfume and more like a DnD role play scent. Low throw but good wear length.

Here is the lab’s sweet, slushy snow note, front and center.  “Echos” of incense and frankincense indeed, since they are faint, supporting notes. Not really picking up “marble.”  This is nice but overall not very strong and not a blend that really stands out.

Cool snow and smoky incense.  I'm not getting any frankincense specifically.  Ice, stone, smoke.  It's really evocative and perfect for the painting, but for me would be better as an atmo than a perfume.  

This one used to be a cool snow and marble/stone blend that I really enjoyed. The frankincense made it reminiscent of Philospher in Meditation. Unfortunately, this goes weird on me now, too. Just enough acrid to be off putting. It's sad, because it was a nice blend when it worked. Might keep as an atmos since my skin has obviously decided to go on strike.