Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Gebirgsschlucht Im Winter

This starts out with dark green notes paired with the sweet blackberry -- the addition of the blackberry takes this from a dark green scent to something you might expect from a holiday-themed scent. Once I put it on, though, the candied blackberry overtakes everything. It ended up being too fruity/sweet for my liking, but might appeal if blackberry is a note you enjoy!

Super fruity blackberry musk. I like it, but I would like it more if there was more wood or resin pinning down the fruit. Might have to layer this with something patchouli or sandalwood heavy and see what happens.

Green Elearthy notes plus blackberry initially. I get a lot of blackberry, too, especially as it dries down. Most berry scents go wonksville on my skin, although not always. But if you like this note, I highly recommend this. It does have an outdoor quality. I'll probably use it in a locket. 

For fans of Lady Una maybe. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

In the bottle: blackberry forward, like fresh crushed berries, hint of greenness from the oak moss and cypress bark 

On the skin: the black vegetal musk begins to come out, reminds me of berry scented winter candles

Dry down: indigo blossom shows up and it becomes apparent that the blackberries are candied. It begins to smell more like a candle as it dries more, perhaps from the musk. After a while some bitterness returns from the oak moss, which (thankfully) helps cut the sweetness. I wish the fresh green scent would have stayed though. 

Bottom line: Candied blackberries deepened by black vegetal musk

The note that barely shows up in the tobacco absolute. I can tell that it ever so slightly warms (like blackberry baked goods) but isn’t very distinguishable. 

As previously mentioned by others, I think it's too sweet for me. I may wear it on a day that I'm feeling bubbly. It's reminding me a lot of a berry scone, which someone may love but I'm more of an earthy scent person.

A stroll through a beautiful chilled blackberry-laced pine forest with complexity from other scents wafting in along the journey. Long lasting, gently sweet.

Edited by Exquise-moi

Blackberry, tobacco, and musk. This smells strongly of a musky, blackberry and tobacco blend. Deep purple. Slightly chewy. Good throw and wear length.

Whoa. At first I get the cypress, oakmoss and a bit of blackberry. Very atmospheric, and lovely. After a few minutes the vegetal musk is present, supporting from beneath those notes. Then...that blackberry. It must be coupled with the tobacco like they were aging together for quite a long time because they are seamless together. The oakmoss doesn't take over and the cypress remains present. Wow. This is nothing like Gloomy Day but it is just as striking atmospherically. I love this so much. Actually, I bet this would layer well with Gloomy Day...

End of ranting review 😉

ETA The above review was from my decant. I just put some on from the bottle and I barely smell anything. I wish the bottle smelled like the decant.

Edited by HerbGirl

I received my little decant two days ago (international).

Tested it today 9h ago and I'll definitely be FS this one!!💙🖤💙

Gebirgsschlucht Im Winter is such an amazing scent! 💙🖤💙

Upon application all I get is sweet glorious blackberry. Blackberry is one of my most favorite fruits to smell (and eat).  At drydown the Blackberry recedes to the background and leaves a slight dark musky scent with hints of tobacco and oakmoss. 

Reminds me strongly of When All Colors to Black Are Cast from Weenies 2018 which I also adore.

Now that I have it on my skin for over 9h, I've been baking, several times washed my hands and took a nap - I can still smell it!! It's mainly a soft whisp of the tobacco/oakmoss/musk scent with faint fruitiness from the blackberry.

I really ended up loving this one more than I'd expected. The berries are bright and tart, almost plummy. They are backed by plush evergreenery and a snowy sweetness. The musk adds a soft, fuzziness, and I swear I get a little bit of light vanilla in the dry down. This actually reminds me a lot of The Magpie, one of my winter favorites. A winner in my book, just don't ask me to spell it!

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet, I'm getting a lot of cypress, definitely cool and outdoorsy.  I am ever in search of a blackberry scent that doesn't go straight to berry candy on me, and while the descriptor "candied blackberry" worried me, the opening hour or so was very promising, with just a hint of sweet, dark fruit against the musky greenery.  Eventually the blackberry does take over, with a candied sweetness that the musk and green notes can't quite hold back.  I couldn't smell any tobacco until  a couple of hours in, and I think it blends beautifully with these notes. Much more successful than most blackberry scents on me!

Wet: blackberry and lots of musk. I thought there was oud in this until I checked the notes, too.
Dry: Oh. Oh. This is a sweet candied musk, with lovely floral tones to it. Gorgeous!

Blackberry candy in the forest.  More piney in the first few minutes, then musk and a little oakmoss come out stronger, but the berry stays constant, just sweet enough to remind me of candy.  The oakmoss is behaving and not taking over everything else. 

The berry note is a little medicinal and....kind of sickly for some reason, but there is a time and place for this.  I just have to apply very lightly.  Cool forest with a berry cough drop.