Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Narcissus & Snowflakes

This one smells like a wintery narcissus, which has a slight oudh overlay to it. It's a white floral, but its not really sweet. Kinda musky and chilly. This is not a floral flower sort of blend, but rather the impression of a flower. Good throw and wear length.

The narcissus in this shows up as a white floral with slightly bitter, slightly green undertones, while the snow note is coming across as a powdery, sort of chilly sidekick. It's pretty, but it's low-throw and fades quickly -- more of a faint breath of a white floral than an in-your-face one. Going to pass on a full bottle due to the short wear time, but it's pretty enough that I'll hang onto my decant.

Powdery, clean fresh floral! The snow note appears when it's drying, but the narcissus is a lot stronger. This almost reminds me of a fresh linen blend. It's nice, but I've got some similar scents so I'll just hold onto the decant. 

Fresh from the mail today and on the skin a couple hours. I get a softness with white floral and an ever so slight dusting of powder. I see where @fairybites gets an almost linen vibe. It doesn't go dryer sheets, but there is definitely a cuddly, clean thing going on. It also doesn't remind me of Snow-Flakes at all, and it doesn't lean tropical like gardenia, jasmine, or tuberose. The floral is more reminiscent of perfumes geared towards teen-20s crowds in the mid 90s, ala Curve, so there's a safe and conventional side to it, like Curve minus fruit. I feel people of any age could wear this, though.

I wish I had a BPAL to compare it to, but this really is it's own boss and quite unique in the BPALverse, so I recommend if you are looking for a single note, 90s white floral sort of thing that may not look like other girls. ;)

Although I was hoping for more snow, I'm glad this didn't go pine, aquatic, play-doh,  or quite like anything else in my collection. Very pretty, great for Spring, I'll keep the decant for sure, might upgrade for layering. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I wanted this so I’d know what narcissus smells like when it’s mostly on its own. It’s a creamy white floral. Not powdery on me at all, rather very creamy. I’m not really picking up the “snow” aspect. As a perfume, it doesn't really have enough of a personality. It would make a great lotion scent!