Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Always fun to be the first!! I LOVE this! I am a fan of most gingerbread scents and this one does NOT disappoint! Sniffing in the bottle, I get gingerbread.. nothing else, and it is very good. Like a cookie, but not overly sweet. On my skin, I get the gingerbread, a hint of mint and chocolate. Not getting vanilla, but that could be what it keeping the gingerbread note from being too.... baking spice. If that makes sense. This is so good. If you are worried about it being too sweet or too ginger-y, it isn't. It has a nice, dry baking quality to it. It has medium throw on me. After a bit, I get mostly the gingerbread and a touch of the chocolate. This is gourmand to me. Very comforting scent. I wish it had more throw because I can't stop sniffing my wrist! LOVE this!

I have the other Gingerbread Zombi which is the GC scent plus Gingerbread which I have been hanging onto since it was released. I love Beth’s Gingerbread note and I knew I had to get this too. I was sort of afraid of the peppermint being overly minty but no, no, no. It’s very gingerbread at first and then dries down to a mellow, softly sweet and spicy vanilla with just a hint of the peppermint. I wish this was a beverage. I’m sure it’s going to age delightfully also. I’m glad I picked this one.

Y'ALL.  I pulled the decant of this out of the bag it came in and sniffed the outside of the container and immediately had to put some on like an impatient gremlin.  My god.  Holy shit.  This is SO GOOD.

Front and center is the brilliant gingerbread note, which I hadn't tried before and need more of in my life immediately.  Secondary to that is a chilly blast of sinus-clearing peppermint which hangs in the background for a surprisingly long time, mainly sticking close to the skin; I "feel" it in my nose more than I smell it, if that makes sense.  The choco chips are subtle - like there are two to make the zombie's eyes or something, rather than the cookie having an excess of them.

I feel like this scent could net me a ton of compliments.

Gingerbread remains the star of the show, and what a star it is!!  It truly is recognizable as GingerBREAD and not just baking spices.  I'll be death (undeath?) matching this against GB Invisible Man to see which one I want to bottle.

Additional notes from a few hours later:  The gingerbread note lasts for a good long time, remaining long after every other note has checked out.  It wafts pretty well.  If I put my nose right on it, it smells a lot like Shub-Niggurath, but the waft is distinctly more cookie-like.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

Gingerbread Zombie features a prominent gingersnap-y gingerbread note (with a very strong ginger) accompanied by a blast of peppermint at first. There is only a smear of milk chocolate, like there's only two chocolate chips on it like Laughing Seagull mentioned. If you're wondering how this compares to Gingerbread and Peppermint Candies, the gingerbread in this is far stronger than the one in Gingerbread and Peppermint Candies, which mostly smells like a Lick It scent with a whiff of gingerbread spices. This, on the other hand, is like strong gingersnaps and peppermint with a bit of chocolate. Sadly, the gingerbread outlives the peppermint and the chocolate on me, and it mostly smells like an effervescent ginger scent (somewhat ginger ale-esque) after several hours of wear.

I applied a drop of this with a drop of Ghost Milk on another part of my arm, and the Ghost Milk component is far stronger than Gingerbread Zombie, making it mostly smell like cozy vanilla cashmere of the Ghost Milk infused with some mint and gingerbread -- but oddly, the mint has survived much longer with the addition of Ghost Milk than it did in Gingerbread Zombie alone. I'd probably try layering this again, but with two parts Gingerbread Zombie to one part Ghost Milk.

I'm not sure that I need a bottle of this one, but I'll be hanging on to my decant. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Between my friend and I, we got samples of every gingerbread monster except the vampire. Zombie was one of my friend's decants.

I got hot mint chocolate cocoa on a background of gingersnap cookies.

I imagine this is lovely paired with Ghost Milk, but on my skin during testing, it wasn't placed far from Gingerbread and Leather. And, damn. The two were really good neighbors. Just saying.

Why I bought this: I love gingerbread, and I love peppermint.
Wet: raw gingerbread dough with a faint hint of mint.
Dry: SPICY. The other notes sort of take a backseat to strong gingerbread but that mint chocolate is still hazing on the horizon. I think it's a keeper for me.

It's a minty gingerbread when wet.  The chocolate comes out after drydown as the mint fades. The gingerbread isn't sharp or lemony. I think foodies will love this one. 

Holy peppermint patty!  Wet, this is all chocolate and peppermint on me, against a background of gingerbread spice.  Now, I may have three packages of Thin Mints on the way, but I do not want to smell like them.  Mint is a note I avoid on principal, but I ordered samples of all the Gingerbread Monsters, so I'm out of my wheelhouse on this one.  Mint.  Whoo.  Fortunately, the peppermint faded quickly, leaving a gorgeous spicy milk chocolate gingerbread.  That I can handle smelling like. 

Gingerbread and mint chocolate chips. This smells foodie, and if you smashed a peppermint patty with some gingerbread spices. Tasty. Medium throw and wear length.

Peppermint patty is the first thing that comes to mind. Gingerbread spices rise up as this dries down and mellow out the peppermint. I wouldn't think to put these 2 smells together. They surprisingly work after it's dry, but I think it's only if your chemistry allows for the peppermint to calm down.

Sweet chocolate and minty gingerbread. The mint fades pretty quickly on me so it's mostly the chocolate and gingerbread with a hint of vanilla. I have to agree with other reviewers, it does slightly resemble a Peppermint Patty but sweeter since there isn't any dark chocolate notes in this. This was one of the Gingerbread Monsters that I expected to me one of my favorites, and it definitely is! I wish the peppermint was a little stronger, but on the other hand I'm really glad it doesn't overwhelm the chocolate and vanilla. 

I think this would pair well with the Stitched Together hair gloss from the 2020 Weenies, this definitely reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream due to the peppermint.

It's actually a drier sort of scent than I expected! On wet, it's sweet mint and ginger; after a few minutes, it becomes more gingerbread-forward, and the mint's a faint haze in the background, with some cocoa. It's a nice dessert, though - unexpectedly - I think I like a couple of the other Monsters better - more thick and chewy, whereas this is gingerbread spice and a flutter of mint. Fairly low throw, but it does linger!

I could sniff this in the bottle all day - it's like soft gingerbread and smooth peppermint chocolate. The gingerbread unfortunately fades fast on my skin but that chocolate and peppermint linger. It started strong but overall low throw... I just can't figure out if it needs to sit in the time out box some more or my body chemistry did something weird...because it morphed into something suuuuuper woody on me (almost like No. 2 pencil wood but hint of sweetness). My partner wouldn't have known that I started with Gingerbread Zombie if I hadn't told him when he sniffed my wrist. Ugh. I'll come back to update in a month or two or something.