Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Cranberries & Popcorn

I'm not a big fan of the drydown. There's an unpleasant clashing tang with the tart cranberry and buttery popcorn. BUT it is smoothing out considerably, and it continues to get better throughout the wear. The cranberries are bright. The popcorn smells crunchy. (How?!) This perfume might leave you with kernels stuck in your teeth.

In the imp I get mostly popcorn, just a bit buttery with a little cranberry tang at the edges. Fresh on it is pretty much the same, with the cranberry slowly advancing. The notes blend together quite a bit by the end and it is really interesting. The cranberries become less identifiably fruity and more just bright and tart. The butteriness fades a bit. It reads very festive but in a atypical way. Really loving this.

Unbuttered stale popcorn and tart cranberries. The cranberry note is slightly powdery and is stronger than the popcorn note. It fades pretty considerably within 3 hours.

Popcorn is one of my top 3 scents, so I knew I had to have this bottle! I wish the popcorn note itself was as strong as the cranberry, but I really love this.

Wet: POPCORN! Buttery popcorn is what hits me first, decently strong. The cranberries are coming through a little tart, but the popcorn is really shining here.

Dry: The popcorn is very much stealing the show here (still). There's a tiny bit of cranberry that keeps poking its' head out, but I wish I was getting more.

This is fun and unexpected. I like it!

Strong buttery popcorn, with the cranberry giving a tart fruity overlay to it. Actually, it sort of reminds me to fruity cereal and this would be very at home with a Lilith collection. It's sweet, fruity, sort of salty and junk foodie. Great throw and wear length.

So whatever note is in Apple Butter Rum that clashes with my nose is in this too but not as strong as in that scent.  Maybe it's a buttery note?  At least this helps me (possibly) identify it.  Had to wash this off but it sticks around like glue.  I had to put on something else over it but I can still smell it.  It reminds me of the way bleach fumes get up in your nose and won't go away.  : ( 

I did detect some cranberry in the mix but this one is not a win for me, overall.  I guess I'll have to be really careful with anything buttery or butter adjacent..