Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Cinnamon & Clove

I have quite a few of the Lab's cinnamon blends, several clove ones, and some that contain both, but none of them feature these notes quite as harmoniously for me as Cinnamon & Clove. Although I've been trying to cut back on how much I buy until I use up some of what I have, I think I'm gonna need another bottle of this magic elixir. It could be top 10 material. Yet again I find that it's the blends with the fewest notes that I love the most.

If the idea of Plunder lured you in but you found it to be too heady, or if you'd like something in the realm of Saw-Scaled Viper or Sin without the musks or patchouli, then get yourself some Cinnamon & Clove. At least for me, this wears surprisingly close to the skin, is true to the description, and lasts for a long time.

This is just the most perfect blend of cinnamon and clove, and I love it! Smells like winter holidays in Ye Olde Fashioned Tymes. Upgrading to a bottle.

Spicy. Basically if you love cinnamon or clove, give this a whirl. Good throw, but the wear length on this was low. On the other hand, when it was on, it was on at full blast. Ugh, this smells sort of the holidays. Love it.

This starts off as clove-infused Big Red gum, but the clove gains strength over time, which helps to take the scent out of that territory (although the cinnamon never completely loses that association for me). I have sensitive skin, so I applied this to the back of my hand in case I needed to scrub it off. It felt very warm for some time but never left any welts, surprisingly. I put it on a 9 AM and it is still noticeable by 3 PM, although it is softer.

This isn't a duet I would wear on its own, and it's not something I could slather (due to having sensitive skin), so it's not something I need a whole bottle of, but I think I will try layering this with some non-BPAL tea and cardamom single notes to see if I can make a nice chai scent, or try it layered with an orange scent to create a Yule pomander effect. If those combinations are successful, I might keep a decant of oil from this bottle. But if those layering experiments don't work out, I'll just stick with my Sweet Clove SN.

Simple and nice. Like a cinnamon mouthwash, clean and sharp. The cinnamon and clove seem equally balanced. I will pull this out at Christmas.

Big Red chewing gum!  Eventually the clove struck more of a balance.  It's like the potpourri my mother used to buy at Christmas.  Or, knowing her, immediately after Christmas, on sale, to use the following year.  What Santa's workshop might smell like. 

I don't have particularly sensitive skin but can't, for instance, wear Inferno because it gives me a skin reaction, and I had no problems with Cinnamon & Clove.  It wears close to the skin (normal for me) but lasts a few hours.