Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is delicious. It's strong Gingerbread with lovely vanilla and marshmallow. I didn't detect the Sandalwood personally, but I love the lab's Gingerbread blends and this is no exception. If you like any of the notes mentioned, try it!

Gingerbread Mummy is strong on the gingerbread. Of the four gingerbread monster decants I got (mummy, witch, wolfman, and zombie), it is the heaviest on the gingerbread, which is stronger than the gingerbread that has been released in Yule updates over the past few years, but is more like a gingersnap than a bready or cake-y gingerbread note. The ginger in the gingerbread note is quite prominent on me, and I also get what I believe are sugar crystals along with it, but the ginger has this fresh lemony acidity to it that isn't that nice on me. Behind this, I smell the dusty sandalwood, but I'm not really able to pick up on the bourbon vanilla or marshmallow butter since the ginger is so strong on me.

I applied a drop of this on another part of my arm and put a drop of Ghost Milk over that and mixed them together. The Ghost Milk really helps smooth out the gingerbread, and the dry sandalwood note stands out more with the help of the Ghost Milk. The gingerbread is still quite strong, but the cozy white chocolate cashmere of the Ghost Milk does its best to tame it. Maybe it would succeed if it were two parts Ghost Milk to one part Gingerbread Mummy.

I don't need a bottle of this, but if you're looking for a gingerbread monster that is heavy on the gingerbread, you may want to give this one a try.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Between my friend and I, we got samples of every gingerbread monster except the vampire. Mummy was one of my friend's decants.

This was quite bourbon vanilla on me, like the vanilla was drizzled over the gingerbread. Gingerbread was behind it, with a mallow chewiness and whiff of sandalwood. Thankfully, the butter wasn't White Larry-ish on my skin, but more mellow and ghee-like.

Mummy was pleasant. It was just the kind of blend I would have been happy to have as a decant, even if I didn't feel compelled to upgrade. I wonder how it will age. 

I was a little worried this would be too similar to Gingerbread, Vaniila Sugar & Pink Pepper but once the sandalwood warms up, it is its own gorgeous self. The Gingerbread blast at the beginning fades & becomes a supporting player to the vanilla & sandalwood with a bit of marshmallow wafting in and out. I don't notice a butter note but I do get hint of fruit once in a while that reminds me of Sugar Skull. I blind-bottled this one & have no regrets! 

I am straight up in love. Gingerbread Mummy, will you marry me? I promise to wear you weekly and treasure always your glorious scent:

In the bottle: Goddamn, that's some spicy gingerbread!

Wet: The marshmallow comes out to play very quickly. Imagine warm gingerbread slathered with ooey, gooey marshmallow fluff.

Drydown: Ahhh! There you are sandalwood! You blend so sweetly and only make your presence known at the end. Even then, you are enveloped in warmth and softness.

Regrets: That your scent only last 3 hours or so on my skin, and that I only have 1 bottle.

I purchased the entire Gingerbread Monsters line, and this one just so happened to be the first one I am trying. I am definitely not familiar with the Lab's gingerbread note, so I can't compare this to any previous blends.

But wow, this is a stunner! Heavily spiced gingerbread and marshmallows with a drizzle of vanilla. I'll be honest, I'm not really getting a "marshmallow butter" note from this, it just smells like regular old marshmallows to my nose. But this is delicious and has me craving some gingerbread. It is very strong, the gingerbread spices being the strongest note. 

My favorite of the oils I have tried today, simply delicious! :cookie: Will have to find a partial bottle of this!

Edited by fairybites
Monsters instead of mobsters lol

Thick, spicy, chewy gingerbread topped with a little bit of vanilla icing.

I really only get gingerbread from this scent, but that's fine! This reminds me very much of Gingerbread Poppet, but with a bit of vanilla. Since I have a bottle of that, I probably don't need this one (and could achieve the effect with layering some of my vanillas if necessary). But if you were missing that one (which hasn't been around for a decade!? yikes!), this is a similar spicy, sweet gingerbread note and very delicious.

Wet: Strong, extra spicy gingerbread and sandalwood.

Dry: No bourbon vanilla or marshmallow butter still. Just a straight up spicy gingerbread scent on me.

I like this scent, but I'm really missing that bourbon vanilla + marshmallow butter.  Since I have a bottle of Gingerbread Poppet already, I think I'm good.

I wasn't sure about this one (only because the non-gingerbread notes, while lovely sounding, seemed like they'd be drowned out by the gingerbread), but the Lab's gingerbread scents are almost all winners for me.  

This one reminds me a bit of Ghost Milk, sans goat's milk.  If Ghost Milk had a baby with gingerbread and added a touch of very faint, almost sweet sandalwood and extra vanilla, this is what it would smell like.  It's beautiful but quite light, just like the others I've tried.  I'm hoping these deepen with age, because, right now, they're beautiful but weak.

This is gingerbread + soft, smooth, creamy sweetness.  Not like frosting.  Just like a layer of ethereal vanilla/marshmallow over gingerbread with the faintest sandalwood on the late dry down (which really adds something here).

EDIT: It looks like maybe my sense of smell is still suffering from post COVID effects since other people are saying the gingerbread note is strong.  I'll bow to them and assume that my nose just can't detect that strength of scent yet.

Edited by Penance

I blind bottled this because of the reviews saying it's the gingerbreadiest gingerbread monster, and I am not disappointed.

I want to eat myself.  It's like a sandwich made from two spiced molasses cookies and marshmallow creme.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

This is really yummy. I tried this and another Gingerbread scent and I think I need more perfumes with this note.

In Gingerbread Mummy I don't get any of the notes but the Gingerbread and Vanilla. I think the marshmallow butter just adds sweetness. It doesn't smell like butter at all. Just lovely sweet gingerbread. On me it lasts quite a while but doesn't have outstanding staying power.

Potential bottle upgrade. :wub:

I blind bought three of these gingerbread monsters and this one is probably the most gingerbread one of the three...and looks like the most gingerbread of them all for this round. It's delicious but is more like vanilla and marshmallow over warm gingerbread with a buttery undertone. It's smooth, creamy, spicy, and the white sandalwood? I don't detect it but it might be what rounds out this scent. Compared to the other two I have, Wolfman and Zombie, this one doesn't wear down to something super woody despite having white sandalwood listed (maybe it's just my skin chemistry). It's unfortunate that this one has so little staying power (approx. 3 hours at best on me) because it's so good.

Update after retesting again in Sept 2023: what in the fuck, man. I get some spicy ginger but then there's something musty to it????? HOW. WHY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND. It still has that buttery opening from the bottle, and eventually dries down to that vanilla cream/marshmallow, but musty in between. I've never felt so betrayed.

Edited by Thuy

After all the reviews, I had to go back and get a bottle of this, and I'm so glad I did! It's a huge billow of gingerbread and marshmallow cream on me - like a big homemade sandwich cookie made of two soft spicy gingerbread slabs with a fluffy rich heap of marshmallow creme filling. I want to roll around in it and also lick my arm. Not really getting sandalwood or specifically *bourbon* vanilla - I think that's all just folded into the deliciousness.

Nice throw initially, but it also fades quickly - after about an hour it was super-faint, and then barely there at all, even with my nose right up on my arm. I might go through this bottle quickly...

Awesome Husband comment: sweet gingerbread! Like a cookie. I like gingerbread. 😄

Gingerbread Mummy is the coziest of the monsters on me.  Lots of gingerbread with vanilla and pillowy marshmallow, it's like a big gingerbread hug.  It fades down to a skin scent pretty quickly on me, but it stays there for three or four hours, ready to comfort me if i sniff my wrist.  I didn't get any sandalwood.