Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is definitely the same goat’s milk from impromptu goat yoga, with the vanilla-cashmere-honey-marshmallow aspects all blending underneath. And the goat’s milk is not aggressive like White Larry, mind you. Even though there is no gingerbread listed in this, I get a very light whiff of that as well. Toward the end of the day when it had faded, there was something almost reminiscent of a Lace note in it. I think that might be the Cashmere part. I love it. 

ETA: Wearing this again today and I firmly love it. The notes are all blended so well...nothing is too much, too strong, or too overpowering. I maintain too that if you like Laces, you will like this!

ETA #2: a month later and I need to let the BPAL world know that not only do I love this, I love this HARD. I've already bought a backup and it may wind up being one of my rare 2-bottle-backup scents. 

Edited by frizzlechicken

So, milk and I aren't usually friends at all so I was hesitant to buy this one but I love love love the creamy note in BOO! and love everything else here in Ghost Milk so decided to take a chance on a bottle. I'm glad I did because ooooh this is absolutely lovely! The milk is behaving quite nicely and is more muted than anything super aggressively dairy like I feared. I get an element of sweetness to it from the honey, but it isn't a powdery honey at all.

As the comment above mentioned, this almost reminds me of a lace. The cashmere note amps up a lot on my skin, rendering this a creamy, almost lacy vanilla cashmere with marshmallow and a whiff of honey. It's a lot less gourmand than I was expecting. A lot more subtle and less aggressively foody. It's absolutely beautiful and I'm definitely keeping this bottle, as a fan of all things lace and marshmallow! It's one of my favorites of my Yule order. I can't wait to see how this ages as I think it will become even more lovely with time!!

I think this one will be very, very popular. Lovers of vanilla fragrances and laces definitely need to add this one to their collection. If this kind of fragrance is up your alley, this is an absolute must have!

Edited by Kanra

In The Bottle: the sweet, cozy vanilla cashmere is the most prominent note I detect immediately, and I'm pleased as punch about it, because it was the thing I was most looking forward to with this scent. Right behind that, stopping it from entering cloying territory is the lovely goats milk note. This is the same goats milk that was in 2012's Mother Shubb's Spiced lait de chèvre, and I think I like it even more here. Let's see how this progresses, shall we?

On The Skin: As it warms, the cashmere blooms further. This stuff has intense throw- a little goes a looooong way, so apply sparingly until you see what your skin will do with it. I'm getting no honey or white chocolate, but a bit of the marshmallow is coming through. Usually the sugary aspect of marshmallow amps so loudly on me that it becomes a bit acrid but the cashmere and milk are smoothing out the edges. Still, this mix is POTENT.

Dry Down: I'm a growing fan of the "sweater" kinds of scents, and I'm happy to add this one to my collection. In all, this scent is all about comfort, like a smooshy blanket or your favorite old cardigan. As I already mentioned the throw is HIGH, so apply sparingly! Looking forward to seeing how this layers with the new Gingerbread scents! :D 

When I first applied this, I thought I got the ghost of cardamom with the marshmallow, which made me think of Perfectly Normal Childhood, but that was short-lived, and it became white chocolate heavy on me. It is very similar to Googly Eye Christmas Tree without the heavy cinnamon in that scent. The vanilla cashmere, which grows more prominent with wear, even adds a welcome fuzziness that seems to act similarly to the tinsel in that scent. So the white chocolate and vanilla cashmere are main players on me, along with some floofy marshmallow. I get a touch of the buttery goat's milk, but it isn't nearly as strong as it is in most scents featuring that note, and the honey dust, which has been problematic for me in the past, adds some nice toffee-like sweetness and warmth without stomping all over everything else. Everything in this is so smooth and well-blended.

This is lovely, but may end up being too similar to Googly Eye Christmas Tree (thanks to the white chocolate) for me to warrant a bottle. I'll have to layer it with my gingerbread monster decants before actually deciding, though. But if you're looking for a cozy white chocolate scent, you need to try this.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Soft, goat-milky, slightly dusty cashmere with plenty of white chocolate and marshmallow, and a drop of honey.

The whole blend is quite muted on me, almost skin-scent soft. But it is as cozy as you might expect. The cashmere is enough to cast this into the sweater-scents hamper. I'd put a bottle of this next to Cozy Sweater and Apple Cider, in my box of milks and vanillas.

This perfume is muchly my kind of thing. I'm inclined to bottle it and hope for a little more strength with aging.

I was hoping for something along the lines of that elusive Impromptu Goat Yoga, but this was much heavier on the sweets than the milk. And I'm learning that one of these particular sweets - marshmallow and/or vanilla - comes off as a toasty note, which ends in burnt plastic smell on me. Heartbreaking, as the Body Shop Vanilla (which was 100% frosting powdered sugar and Lucky Charms marshmallows) was my everything in high school. I keep hoping I'll find that here, but it's just not working for me. Same issue with Lavender and White Chocolate Madelines. Same with Waiting. Not the sweet I'm looking for, and unfortunately the burnt plastic is the anchor that outlasts everything else.

I think I like this, but as my husband said, "it's like....85% good." 😂

Wet, and in the bottle, it was too-sweet, and very creamy, with a bit of a slightly sour note from the goat's milk.

When applied, the sour quality came to the forefront, with the honey and white chocolate kind of....a cacophony of notes clashing at first.

When it was fully dry, the goat's milk calmed down, as did the honey, leaving a creamy, sweet, lightly powdery fragrance. I'd say the white chocolate, honey, and marshmallow were the main stars, with the goat's milk brightening up everything. It was a teensy bit muddled and fuzzy for me at the end, but overall very nice.

I have a bottle of Skin Musk, Cream, & Honey Dust, which I find very similar to Ghost Milk. I do think Skin Musk et all is a softer, more delicate fragrance; while the marshmallow, white chocolate, and goat's milk offer a sweeter, sharper, slightly more energetic fragrance to Ghost Milk. 😊

I thought for sure between the honey, milk, and cashmere notes something would go Wonksville. However thankfully this doesn't go sour, cloying, or blergh at all! So if you have problems with those notes, try this instead.

It's a very nice, sophisticated creamy vanilla floofy thing that reminds me of perfumes from the mall, but one of the better ones you would find. Maybe akin to Warm Vanilla Sugar, Vanilla Lace, or something along those lines, but less cloying, more smooth, and high end.

Cozy and perfect for :cookie: dipping. Definitely for fans of Zorya P, Antique Lace, The Last Unicorn, and maybe Snow White. It is it's own person and doesn't smell identical to any of these but if you are a vanilla or white chocolate fan, definitely grab a glass of Ghost Milk. I have a feefee this is going to end up one of those highly sought after shindigs afterwards, so looks like this is going in my next order, too. Aaaand my pockets are gonna weep. Again. lol. RIP WALLET. :ghost::violin::wub2:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

First test: I put it on after washing my hands with Toasted Vanilla Chai soap from B&BW, and I needed to retest because I wasn’t sure which scent was which. It started as a musky toasted coconut, with flickers of sweetness and chocolate as it dried. It eventually dried down to a beautiful perfumy vanilla.

Second test: Something toasty in the bottle and on application. Maybe it’s actual gingerbread instead of the “spice jar exploded” experience I always get from the Lab’s gingerbread blends. As it dries, it becomes more of a toasted coconut. Why am I getting all these notes that aren’t in the actual ingredients?

This is drying to just the vaguely toasted note. All the sweetness from the prior test is gone.

After three hours the perfumy vanilla finally surfaces. This part is very pretty. I just don’t think I want to sit through three hours of musky toasted coconut to get to it, especially when there’s practically no throw.

I feel it's necessary to preface that this is another scent I got for the joy of being part of the hype (or FOMO, however you want to look at it). 

In the vial: Goat's milk and honey and also a very light whiff of spices that could be gingerbread. 

On my skin:

Wet, there is a moment when it is perfect marshmallow. Then some honey whirls up, but it's not cloying or overpowering. Once it dries, however -- and I mean, including in the initial drydown -- it goes very, very faint. I still get goat's milk and marshmallow and honey dust, and you could still sell me on something that's very gently spiced, but it is oh, so faint and delicate. 

And, then, all of the sudden: 1) it is very much not faint; 2) it is very much gingerbread spice and honey dust. I mean, I like this. A lot. But I wasn't ready for it. It does fade back to a low-throw scent pretty quickly, but just a standard issue low throw. 

This is very interesting and also very nice. I think I'm going to have to hang on to this decant and see if it maybe ages stronger. 

So, this is my first foray into a BPAL with goat's milk, so I have no comparison to base this on. Unlike some people, I don't get a "sour" note, I think the goat's milk adds a certain "tang" to the otherwise sweet notes. I always have a hard time picking out "marshmallow", so I think it's the vanilla/honey that is making this super interesting. A super cozy, sweet, gorgeous blend! I love it! And unlike other reviewers, I'm not picking up any "gingerbread" spice/note, which is good. Now that I've had it a few weeks, I notice the staying power is really good too. 

Definitely a winner - when I saw the description, it was an instant add-to-the-cart, and I'm so glad I did!

I was going to layer it with one of the other new Gingerbreads but wanted to try it on its own first. OH MY. I may need a back up of this one also! I was a little worried because the goat's milk in White Larry is a little aggressive on me. But, this is a totally different story. In the bottle: The goat's milk is definitely in the background on this one and is staying in its lane properly. Even though it's not a listed note, I am definitely getting some gingerbread as the top prominent note, but a very sweet milky gingerbread like a fresh soft gingerbread cookie dipped in sweetened warm milk. On, wet: Getting a sort of soft powdery note, not quite gourmand but not NOT gourmand; maybe the cashmere? Drydown: Some spiciness, and maybe a teeny bit of the honey note. No one note really dominates here after the drydown; you're left with a "ghost" of some kind of vanilla that is halfway between gourmand vanilla and perfume vanilla, with a hint of dry ginger behind it. Very curious to try it with one of the Gingerbreads! I may put a Gingerbread in a locket later and see.  Low throw, medium wear on me.

This is seriously marshmallow. On my skin it's all marshmallow and white chocolate. I don't get any milky notes, but that might just be because I'm unfamiliar with them.

This actually reminds me quite a lot of Stekkjarstaur. Maybe the marshmallow note is the same one? But yeah, it smells a lot like Stekk, which is awesome. 12/10 highly recommend. I will be buying a backup, maybe multiple backups.

Wet: YUM. I'm getting a smorgasbord of vanilla scents thrown at my nose. I can pick out every note listed, which is pretty rare for me. (The vanilla cashmere is strongest to my nose, along with the honey dust.)

Dry: The honey dust ends up being the strongest for me upon dry down, with the vanilla cashmere and goat's milk tied for second. It's a warm, vanilla-honey scent. 

I really like this, especially that "vanilla cashmere" note! 

Much less milky than I expected! I sometimes have issues with milk/cream notes, but goat's milk is generally okay and all of the rest of the notes here appealed to me.

I was surprised until I read some reviews, but the strongest note for me is the vanilla cashmere. It's this very soft, wooly vanilla musk, and it's actually what I wanted out of the cozy sweater scents and never really got. It's also got a sprinkling of marshmallows and honey dust, but I don't get anything I'd specifically identify as goat's milk or white chocolate. Maybe they're in the background adding some creaminess?

This is not very gourmand, it's more of a soft vanilla cozy scent. I could imagine this being a lovely candle or room spray, too.

Sweet marshmallows, honey, and milk. During the drydown, the white chocolate appears more. It's creamy and delicious. The milk note is pretty faint and one of the first notes to fade. The throw isn't as strong for my liking, it stays pretty close to the skin on me. I have to agree that this doesn't seem very gourmand, even though there's a lot of foodie notes in this. I think it's probably the cashmere note. I can't compare this to a Lace note since I've only tried one, but it is really lovely.

I'm not layering it today, but I'm sure this would be wonderful with just about anything if you want to sweeten it up a bit. Will be getting a bottle!

Ghost Milk is really, really quiet on me.  I resisted the impulse to reapply it ten minutes after initial application because I'd put on a normal testing amount and should be consistent.  It actually lasted about 12 hours or so -- a really long time for me -- though at a very low skin level; I needed to get my wrist right up to my nose to smell it.  I do not get the slightly funky goat's milk note at all (which I enjoy in scents like Harlequin Milk) but rather a generic sweet vanilla creaminess with a whiff of marshmallow and white chocolate.  A cozy soft vanilla scent, but it is too faint on my skin for me to need more. 

In the bottle this smells like everything I want it to be: vanilla goat milk. 

On my skin this turns into... shampoo. What. Going to have to retest. 

Whoa, holy morpher!  This one goes through a few stages with a quickness.  It starts out very tangy, almost sour goat's milk, then turns into marshmallow-white chocolate milk, if that were a thing.  Then it turns again into a soft, snuggy, fuzzy musk.  It stays very close to the skin and has very little throw and a light scent.  It's a very soft, ethereal scent, but it's beautiful.  I just wish it were stronger.

I haven't tried layering it yet, but I may end up experimenting for the first time.

i am wary of sweet foody notes as well as goat's milk (sometimes bpal's turns to urine on me :nervous:) yet figured hey, why not try this scent? :lol: i guess the possibility of a lovely vanilla cashmere honey drew me in. so, it starts off with something foody- kind of nutty. i think it's honey dust oddly enough because this happened in another scent with that note. behind that i get mostly vanilla cashmere which is really pretty. after 5-10 minutes i get some marshmallow, but luckily not too sweet, and that nutty note fades off. also the goat's milk amps up but is behaving nicely and adds a creamy element. dries down to a creamy honey/vanilla cashmere with a hint of white chocolate. i really like this one and this seems like a cozy sleep scent to me.

Edited by theseagrows

This is not what I was expecting. I have trouble with 99.9% of anything with the word honey listed (honeycomb, honey, honey dust, etc.) and this? This is a stunning, beautiful, sweet, cozy stunner. I love it and cannot believe it works on me. I am so glad I got a decant.

Honey vanilla marshmallow cashmere. This is a soft, sweet cuddly blend. I can see why so many people love it. It's foodie without being super foodie. The cashmere gives it this great cuddly vibe. Good throw and wear length.

My skin trolls me frequently and sadly this blend full of sweet, creamy notes that should work perfectly for me is no different! No ginger or gingerbread in the notes and yet, the first and only strong scent I get, from application to dry-down, is sugared, slightly lemony ginger. No milk (although that may add to the sour edge), no marshmallow, no white chocolate. Maybe a little honey but it’s not prominent enough to be recognizable beyond just reading as warm and sweet. It’s a fairly wearable spice scent for me, which is rare because my skin amps spices all to hell, but it’s not quite what I was hoping for.

Edited by IndigoMoon

This should work on me, but it doesn’t.  I believe it’s that pesky white chocolate note that gives this an artificial, nutty vibe to it.  Maybe it will settle down, and even in the background ruins it for me.

Edited by milo