Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Black Currant, Patchouli & Grapefruit

This needed several days after arrival to settle and become a thing. It still doesn't smell like much on me for the first minute or two, just the odd whiff of grapefruit.

But, coming into the drydown, it comes into its stride. The deep black currant comes out, backed by a soft, woodsy patchouli. The grapefruit adds a bright citrus lift to the trio, so that it reads like a top, middle, and base note harmony. Soprano, second soprano, and alto...

The currant is wonderfully dark and rich. The patch, softest of the three, becomes more noticeable later, but never takes over. 

I've been looking for a black currant-strong blend for a while and, of all other notes, patchouli is the dream pairing. I never imagined grapefruit with it, but I'm grapefruit-friendly and happy I jumped on this menage. 💕

Bright grapefruit fizz, blackcurrant, and a whiff of patchouli. It dries down to a black currant and patchouli blend, but the grapefruit note definitely gives it both a brightness and fizz. Medium throw and wear length.

This is so comforting to me! The patchouli here is more aged and woody, than green so it's like wearing a warm blanket. It took a few weeks to rest, but it was well worth it. This is a lovely cloud of the three notes, that never battle for the spotlight. I've worn this while exercising too and the grapefruit keeps the patchouli from being too dank while sweating. I think this would also be a great evening scent during Arizona summers.

My skin normally eats oils so I wanted to throw out that disclaimer, so the only negative to this blend is that it only lasts for 2-3 hours on me. The throw is very low, but this is a blend I wear more for myself.

this goes on as an equally weighted trio, but settles in as a patchouli+.  the patchouli is woodsy, the currant gives it some rich depth, and the grapefruit gives it zing.  i never would have thought to pair grapefruit and patchouli, but it works wonderfully and brings something really unique.  a great summer patch.