Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mmm..sniffing in the vial, there is pumpkin pie and musk!! SO glad I placed an order and got these amazing imps. Have to review this one first!

On,  the musk is in the forefront, but there pumpkin pie is right there with it! I am usually not a musk fan, but this is blended so well! One of those scents I wish was in bottle form.  As it dries, the musk fades a bit, and I am left with a beautiful, rich pumpkin scent with a hint of the musk! This is nice and strong...a little goes a long way. This is a wonderful warm scent. This would go over with foodie & musk lovers! :heart:

I amp the cinnamon like crazy. For about an hour all I can smell is cinnamon. Later I get more spices, and if I sniff closely enough, the pumpkin and musk. Still mostly cinnamon on me, though. 

In the imp: Concentrated pumpkin pie. Like, if there was a sweet pumpkin pie flavor shot, this is what it would be like. 

On my skin:

Wet, the first shot is still concentrated pumpkin pie, but after a second, I can make out the musk in the background. As it dries, the musk comes out a lot, cutting the sweetness, but keeping the gourmand aspect. So it's huffy, less sweet pumpkin pie spice. This is where it stays for me, pumpkin pie riding on a wave of musk. It's far less sweet and cloying than I was worried it would be, lightly foodie but very wearable for folks (like me) who are not totally on board the gourmand train. 

On me, the musk also gives this a nice amount of throw. 

Ah, this pumpkin reminds me of the rich stuff in Shadowed Veil, which I love.

Sweet, dark cinnamon pumpkin and a little thin vanilla crust.

The musk is very well blended and doesn't stand out much at first, but comes out into its own more in time.

Very strong pumpkin spice note. I’ll have to compare it with Pumpkin Spice Everything because, at first anyway, this is just screaming PS and not so much pie or musk.

5 minutes later, I smell the musk, it’s subdued but adds mellowness and warmth. But this is still an extreeeeme pumpkin spice blend, so probably not for me.

Pumpkin Pie Musk is all about the pumpkin spice. It warms the skin, but it doesn't burn. The syrupy pumpkin pie spice rests on a bed of warm musk, which becomes more noticeable over time as the spices calm down. There's a little bit of crust here, but it takes a long time for it to emerge.

I would have liked this to be less spice-dominant about more pie-like, but it was fun to try.

Pumpkin Pie. Sweet, very Pumpkin Spice and I can't separate out the musk. This may be my favorite of the three pies.

In the bottle: Phewf, candle-strong pumpkin spice. 

Wet: This is milkier and calmer on my skin, though it's still a strong pumpkin spice.

Dry: Interestingly, this now smells like the crust of a pumpkin pie! Everything has melted together in a very lovely way and the pumpkin is buttery and soft now.

Pure pumpkin spice. Not really musky, and there's only a smidge of pie crust. I have had issues with pumpkin scents in the past (aka they smell kinda like vomit on me 😳) but my skin likes spice so the spices are really amping and keeping the pumpkin in check. It gets more warm and pie-like as it mellows, but not specifically pumpkin pie, just kind of an essence of crust and general sweetness. Not bad! Was nervous to try this but it's behaving which is a win.

On me, this is mostly pumpkin spice, with a hint of musk. It's a pleasant enough gourmand scent, but it doesn't wow me like the other two scents in this series.

This one smells exactly like pumpkin pie on me, with just a bit of musk lurking underneath and around the edges.  It's not particularly original, but if you're like me and you love pumpkin/autumnal gourmand scents and spend way too much money on pumpkin spice candles, you'll enjoy it.  

After a couple of hours the pumpkin settles down and the musk comes forward, and it's more subtly spicy on me.  Pretty much gone after 5 hours, leaving only a hint of sweetness on my wrist.

I'll take any imps anyone doesn't want!

Ooh, Pumpkin Pie Musk is delicious!  On me it smells like pumpkin pie filling with lots of warm spice -- cinnamon, nutmeg, dried ginger.  I don't get crust (which is good, my skin is not always on board with baked goods scents), and the musk is subtle.  A very fun autumnal foodie.  I received the decant from a generous PIFer, I'm so glad to have gotten to try this, and I'm sending it off to someone else I think would enjoy it.  

Side note - I sometimes have skin sensitivity to cinnamon, and I didn't run into any issues with this blend.

Wet: Pumpkin pie filling - heavy on the spices! I could go for some kind of crust/pastry note, but I can't find one yet.

Dry: WHOA THERE. This is just a flat-out STRONG pumpkin spice scent now. (Still no crust note, sadly.)

I don't think this is something I'll hang on to, but I'm glad I got to try it!

Musk, cinnamon, and pumpkin. Definitely smells like musk + pumpkin pie filling. Deeply foodie. Great throw and wear length.

THIS. This is the bomb. Very heavy on the pumpkin spice, yes. Great throw and long lasting. The muskiness gives it that little depth that keeps it from being reminiscent of, I dunno, Bath & Body Works or something. (Disclaimer: I'd probably be a fan of that too.) I'm a big fan of all things pumpkin spice, and if you, my friend, are not, Pumpkin Pie Musk is not for you. If anyone has this and doesn't want it, let's talk, just sayin'. 😁

pumpkin pie filling. I don't find it to be heavy on the spices (but I like smelling like a spice drawer, so maybe I have a high tolerance), and I don't get any of the pie crust note I smelled in Cherry Pie Chypre. I'm not a big fan of musks generally, but I think here it provides depth to the vegetal pumpkin smell and pulls it out of purely gourmand territory. Pairs really nicely with Pecan Pie Oud.

Very pumpkin spice + musk - exactly what it says! I'm not always a huge fan of musk - depends on the type - but it's playing nicely here. I don't get pie crust at all; this is very much pumpkin pie filling, heavy on the spices, but that's nice for the current autumn time of year! I like this one more than Pecan Pie Oud, but not as much as Cherry Pie Chypre.

I don't think I gave this much thought when I received it last year, but since the new black friday smells were announced and someone in the pumpkinville thread referenced it, I thought I would revisit.

The impression of this oil when wet is very pumpkin spice, as noted, almost fall craft store.

Dry on my skin, however, this reminds me of a sweeter, more cinnamon forward version of the great sword of war - maybe a small dagger to bring to the family dinner just in case!

i got a freebie of this one. it's deeply pumpkin-spicy and foodie. not my thing but it does smell cozy. i might use it as a room scent during the months of october and november only. there seems to be a spicy-woody thing along with the pumpkin, to my nose. i think the spice is ginger and maybe cinnamon? it's very spicy.

Edited by theseagrows