Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Wisdom, Justice, Moderation

Wow! This is much different than most scents I usually choose, but it's so nice! Fresh on my skin, it's mostly warm peach and grassy notes. As it dries, the jasmine comes out a little bit more, really grounded by the cedar so that neither is very loud. It smells like warm, lush, summery goodness. I think there's a lot of potential here for people who like a lot of different types of scents, and if you're on the fence it's definitely worth a try. It's beautiful. 

In light of the Georgia runoffs, I opened my new bottle of this. WOW what a lovely and uplifting scent. In the bottle: Fresh peaches and peach blossom, and something like sweetgrass. On, wet: Grassy note opens up a little bit, along with some real jasmine notes (NOT cat pee jasmine for those adverse to it) but it's still All About Peach Trees. Drydown: This reminds me of heat shimmer in the summer, in someplace with a peach tree. It's a wonderful summery scent for the winter of our discontent. After drydown, some kind of woody note is in the background; again, if this is the cedar note it's NOT cedar chest strong; it's more like aged cedar lawn furniture and again, peach, florals, and sweetgrass stay front and center on this one.

Delightful! I might need a backup bottle before this comes down.
I'm a Pacific Nortwesterner, & unfamiliar with yellow jasmine. Turns out Gelsemium sempervirens (thank you, Wikipedia,) is not related to jasmine at all (take note, jasmine-haters!)  Its scent is supposed to be reminiscent of honeysuckle, which makes sense, as there's nothing indolic going on in this blend.
In the bottle & freshly applied: sweet fresh peaches & dry cedar, with a hint of greenery & flowers. No honey.
Drydown: Faint cedar, sweet peaches, a light, floaty floral, & sunshiney amber (sweetgum?)
The honey stays hidden on my skin & in a locket.

This is a very pretty peach. Tested from a decant that rested a few days.

I am a peach lover, and this did not disappoint! Sweet, juicy, drippy, peach perfume. Peach candy right out of the imp. I am thrilled the honey played nicely with this one - it has a tendency to go awful and sour on me, so I usually avoid it. But it was just beautiful here! Like a warm, sunny day with peach juice dripping down your arm. The cedar & sweetgum wood smells only add to the authenticity, giving the impression of a peach pit with some bits of flesh left on it. Really nice and bright. A great addition to a peach collection.

I also am interested in layering this with I Hear America Singing, which was a lovely amber on me, but didn't have as much depth as I'd like. I think these two in tandem will be wonderful, adding even a warm glow to this delicious summer vibe.

Very fresh peach juice, honey and a whiff of woods. Deeply realistic. Smells like a damn summer peach. Great throw and wear length.

I don't have much experience with identifying particular notes, so had never learned before of the jasmine/cat-pee connection.

However, when I opened this bottle that was the only thing I smelled, and that carried over to the wet on skin and dry-down phase.

At best, if I sniffed deeply, I got a bit of cat-pee-on-a-peach.

I googled a bit and then learned that jasmine (on my skin) must be the culprit.

A shame, since the description was right up my alley! Luckily the other peach-forward blend I ordered was perfect. I will be trying to find this one a new and loving home. 

This tragically did not work on any of us. It was absolutely cat pee on my roommate, me, and by brother. It's a pity, because in the bottle I can smell how the woods and peaches might be nice. Will definitely be passing or selling this on.

As a note: I was one of the people that crystaltongue tried this on and, at the time, got only cat pee. Odd and unpleasant, but I held on to it in hope.

This week, my usual jasmine scents (like Defututa, an old favorite) were smelling not-good on me, I think for Hormonal Reasons. I caught sight of my bottle of this and thought 'hey, why not, I can always wash it off'. And it's a completely different scent on me this time! Redolent of deep summer, like the skin of peaches and jasmine on the breeze and sunshine. Even after 15+ years of being a BPAL fan, it's endlessly fascinating to me that body chemistry can do so much...

Glad I held on to this! Even if I can only wear it about one week every three months lol