Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

I Hear America Singing

A bright, sparkling scent, effervescent with joy and fiery with rekindled hope: golden musk and crystalline amber with Calabrian lemon peel, ti leaf, sweet vetiver, ginger root, neroli, and lime blossom.

A beautiful, uplifting scent for an important cause. 

It starts out smelling like springtime with the soft blossoms and citrus notes. Then fizzy ginger ale with strong ginger and sweet amber. At this point it reminds me of the Christmassy Origins Ginger scent, effervescent indeed, nose-tinglingly spicy. It lasts on my skin as a warm fruity-floral amber. So glad I blind-bought a bottle.

This one starts out with light, sunny amber and citrus, with a hint of fresh ginger root in the background. The ginger amps up along with the lime blossom and neroli as it dries down, adding a fresh, slightly floral zinginess to the scent. Overall impression is a bright and sunny citrus floral grounded with a bit of amber and fresh ginger giving it a little effervescence. I'll probably be breaking this one out more during warm weather, but it would be great whenever you want something cheerful and fresh. No blind bottle regrets here.

So for me, this scent actually starts off pretty bitter. In the bottle it smells like a mix of bell peppers and old hay. Not terrible, but not at all what I was after, and I was honestly considering just putting it straight in my destash pile without a skin test.

But, I decided against that and gave it a skin test anyway, and I'm glad I did. The bitterness sticks around for the first few minutes, but then, very gradually, the scent shifts, and all the sparkling, sweet notes start to come forward. Within an hour, the sweet freshness is all you can smell, and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. The scent it eventually becomes is pretty much exactly the scent I was expecting when I first read the notes and ordered the bottle. Absolutely lovely.

I like to think of it as kind of symbolizing the state of things right now. Things are bitter and disappointing, but hang in there. Things will get better, and by supporting the causes that matter to you, you'll be able to partake in something wonderful.

I think my skin just refuses to humor ginger, and it makes me really sad. Tested from a decant that rested a few days.

I have an unhealthy love of ginger. I guzzle ginger tea, the real spicy Yogi tea. I snack on crystallized ginger. But so far, neither Gnome, The Apothecary, Mag Mell, Kubla Khan... none of it gives me the ginger kick I'm looking for. This one fared a little better - it was the first thing I smelled out of the imp! But as soon as it dried, it disappeared. 😢 The lemon in this was warm, which is good for me, and the end result was a nice, simple, warm amber. I just fear I'm missing some of the complexity that should be here. 

That said, I tested Wisdom, Justice, Moderation on my other arm a bit later, and I think layering the two would be just lovely!

Bright joyful neroli, lemon, amber and a whiff of ginger. This one is uplifting citrus and amber. Good throw and wear length.

I keep reaching for this! It’s a scent that stays fresh and sweet on my wrists over hours of wear. Beautifully blended with a subtle ginger zing and a dapple of neroli. The citrus components work their uplifting magic like they always do. Super enjoyable and fun.