Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Four Seasons Alchemy Lab

Acrid, pungent resinous fumes belching through a glass alembic, a poof of incense, a splash of Aqua Mirabilis, a cask of honey ale, a sachet of plague-warding herbs, and concrete.

Odd to be the first review when this scent was released months ago.

One of the herbs in this is lemongrass, so it is mainly lemongrass and incense on me, and it combines in a way that smells just like Lemon Pledge. I know that is a thing commonly said in reviews about lemon scents that aren't sweet, but this was the first time I have felt that a scent has smelled like that specifically. Over time, the scent softens manages to veer out of that territory, and it becomes predominantly incense, with some non-lemony herbs, a bit of concrete, and just a hint of sweetness from the honey ale. (There's also a touch of effervescence, but I'm not sure if that is from the ale or something else in this case.) But you've got to power through that early phase of the scent to get to that point.

This isn't something I'd gravitate towards, but it was fun to try.

Lemongrass, incense, herbs and a whiff of ale. This smells like you went to a Renaissance Fest. Medium throw and wear length.

Finally pulled this one out; needed something herby and fresh and this fits the bill perfectly.  In the bottle:  Lemongrass with a slight hit of sweetness and dustiness.  On, wet:  Getting sweet lemon drop and gingerbread vibes, with a slight note of darker background herbs and a bit of resin.  Drydown:  After a few hours, this settles into a sort of soft herbal blend with hits of citrus on me...maybe a pinch or two of the Lab's concrete note as well.  Surprisingly refreshing for summer!