Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Guinevere

Harvest moon 2020

Hello! 

I Am brand new to fragrance and I picked up Harvest Moon 2020 on a whim. Wow! I am blown away.

The scent is so warm and complex and makes me feel like a goddess of autumn.

I'm halfway through this bottle and will definitely be buying another.

At some point, I imagine the scent will be sold out at some point. Could you recommend other since that have similar note to this one? What is it that I'm smelling that I love so much? 

I think I detect fir and spices and something fruity. I smell something woodsy, too. 

I really love Harvest Moon 2020 too! Other scents that I find similar, although not quite the same, are Samhain (Truly the scent of autumn itself — damp woods, fir needle, and black patchouli with the gentlest touches of warm pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, allspice, green cardamom, sweet red apple and mullein), which is available with the recently released Halloween collection, as it returns every year; and Gluwein (Warm red wine spiced with cinnamon sticks, cardamom, vanilla beans, clove, lemon and orange rind, bay leaf, and honey), which often shows up in the Yule (winter) collection (though I'm not sure if it returns every year). Samhain is definitely more woodsy, while Gluwein is like mulled wine.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

11 minutes ago, feyofthefellwood said:

I really love Harvest Moon 2020 too! Other scents that I find similar, although not quite the same, are Samhain (Truly the scent of autumn itself — damp woods, fir needle, and black patchouli with the gentlest touches of warm pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, allspice, green cardamom, sweet red apple and mullein), which is available with the recently released Halloween collection, as it returns every year; and Gluwein (Warm red wine spiced with cinnamon sticks, cardamom, vanilla beans, clove, lemon and orange rind, bay leaf, and honey), which often shows up in the Yule (winter) collection (though I'm not sure if it returns every year). Samhain is definitely more woodsy, while Gluwein is like mulled wine.

Thank you so much for the response! I did pick up Samhain and agree that it has something similar. The fir is definitely there but doesn't have the sweetness of the Harvest Moon.

I will keep an eye out for Gluwein to see if it's here this year.

Do you know if Harvest Moon released every year?

Thanks again for the feedback! 

Edited by Guinevere

13 minutes ago, Guinevere said:

Thank you so much for the response! I did pick up Samhain and agree that it has something similar. The fir is definitely there but doesn't have the sweetness of the Harvest Moon.

I will keep an eye out for Gluwein to see if it's here this year.

Do you know if Harvest Moon released every year?

Thanks again for the feedback! 

I don't think Harvest Moon is released every year, unfortunately (but someone correct me if I'm wrong!), and it doesn't always have the same notes (I think there was a version a while ago that had roses or something?).

Edit: I just checked (googled BPAL Harvest Moon btw, if that helps!) and yeah, most of the Harvest Moons are similar to the one this year, but 2013 had roses. :D

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Sign in to follow this