Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
FloridaFledgling

Looking for Beeswax Recommendations That Don't Have Honey

Hello!,

I am humbly looking for some advice. :beg: I am newer to BPAL (2017) and have only recently discovered that beeswax is my favorite scent note, however I cant do honey on my skin. I AMP honey and it usually becomes too sweet and cloying. I am looking to add any kind of BPAL beeswax product to my collection, be it perfume, Hair Gloss, Bath Oil, ect! Unfortunately, to further complicate things, most floral notes and almond are death notes on me.  :skull: I already own Wax Cylinders and At Midnight With A Pumpkin Light, any advice is much appreciated! :wub2:

V'al Hanissim from last year's Yules is really beautiful. It's a beeswax and amber scent. 

This scent created my love of beeswax and my perpetual hunt for more beeswax scents. 

Eusapia features lilac, white tea, and beeswax. It's a reoccuring Yule.  The Gambols of Ghosts was a 2016 Halloweenie. (Rivulets of beeswax and amber flame illuminating a pale blue midnight, eddying with phantom violets, olive blossom, and moss)

The florals aren't prominent in Gambols, but if you can't do lilac, skip Eusapia. 

I'll second V'al Hanissim. 

35 minutes ago, biggnerd said:

V'al Hanissim from last year's Yules is really beautiful. It's a beeswax and amber scent. 

This scent created my love of beeswax and my perpetual hunt for more beeswax scents. 

I googled this recently after you mentioned it in the yule thread and it sounds amazing but stupid me forgot to added it to my wishlist! :wacko:

26 minutes ago, Snuffleupagus said:

Utter Sophistication from Fatherhood 2019! 

This also sound good but I'm weary of popcorn as mouse circus got plasticky on me. Maybe I will chase down a decant!

5 minutes ago, VetchVesper said:

Eusapia features lilac, white tea, and beeswax. It's a reoccuring Yule.  The Gambols of Ghosts was a 2016 Halloweenie. (Rivulets of beeswax and amber flame illuminating a pale blue midnight, eddying with phantom violets, olive blossom, and moss)

The florals aren't prominent in Gambols, but if you can't do lilac, skip Eusapia. 

I'll second V'al Hanissim. 

I can't say I've tried many violet blends so It might be time to make the leap, I've been wondering about Gambols for awhile. :think:

It's new but I'm very excited about Endless Corridors, the new LE from the halloween collection: A flicker of beeswax and candle smoke casting distorted shadows on a blackened panel of vetiver. No official reviews yet but someone posted a good impression in the Weenies thread! 

Edited by Seajewel

Eusapia is a very pretty scent. On me it was mostly white musk and lilac, but I bet the beeswax comes out over time. 

I'm also interested in Endless Corridors but am waiting for reviews. I like vetiver and beeswax and for some reason am getting into smoky scents lately.

1 hour ago, Seajewel said:

It's new but I'm very excited about Endless Corridors, the new LE from the halloween collection: A flicker of beeswax and candle smoke casting distorted shadows on a blackened panel of vetiver. No official reviews yet but someone posted a good impression in the Weenies thread! 

1 hour ago, biggnerd said:

Eusapia is a very pretty scent. On me it was mostly white musk and lilac, but I bet the beeswax comes out over time. 

I'm also interested in Endless Corridors but am waiting for reviews. I like vetiver and beeswax and for some reason am getting into smoky scents lately.

I ordered a decant of that one and can't wait to try it! 🕯️:squee:

Seconding No. 93 Engine, thirding V'al Ha Nissim, and adding The Writing on the Slate from 2017 Yules:  beeswax candles, chalk, and dust. And I can't wait to try Endless Corridors!  I'm assuming you've tried The Lights of Men's Lives and it reads as honey? If not, it's one of my very favorite GCs and certainly worth adding an imp to your next lab order to see if it works on you: The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave: some tall, straight, and strong, blazing with the fire of life, others dim and guttering.

4 hours ago, hhelix said:

From the GC, can’t go wrong with No. 93 Engine for a lovely non-floral beeswax 🐝 

Adding that to my next order!

2 hours ago, Lucchesa said:

Seconding No. 93 Engine, thirding V'al Ha Nissim, and adding The Writing on the Slate from 2017 Yules:  beeswax candles, chalk, and dust. And I can't wait to try Endless Corridors!  I'm assuming you've tried The Lights of Men's Lives and it reads as honey? If not, it's one of my very favorite GCs and certainly worth adding an imp to your next lab order to see if it works on you: The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave: some tall, straight, and strong, blazing with the fire of life, others dim and guttering.

For some reason I thought the Lights of Men's Lives was limited, I will add it to my need to try list too! An imp is worth it! Thank you everyone! :wub2:

Try Chanukkiyah! It's got beeswax, olive oil, amber, sufganiyot, fig, and pomegranate! It's a lovely, warm blend, without a flower in sight. 

On 11/5/2020 at 2:22 AM, Betula said:

Try Chanukkiyah! It's got beeswax, olive oil, amber, sufganiyot, fig, and pomegranate! It's a lovely, warm blend, without a flower in sight. 

Ooohh, that does sound good. I'll have to add this to my list too!

1 hour ago, rhonorv said:

Looks like there’s a new Ménage a Trois that’s Beeswax, Cedarwood, and Bourbon Vanilla @FloridaFledgling!

Thank you for the heads up! :wub: I may have already bought it....maybe. :lol: Not gonna lie I am super excited for it. :dance:

I see you already have the 2016/2018 Weenie This Wan White Humming Hive (White patchouli leaf, beeswax, ambergris, and pale incense) on your wishlist, so you know about it, but I want to throw this in as my vote. I got a strong, creamy, not-too-sweet beeswax from it, and certainly no honey. I liked it enough that I tracked down a partial bottle. I bet you could find some decants floating around!

One other that occurred to me and hasn't yet been mentioned is the recurrent Yule (most recently 2018) Hanerot HalaluOlive oil, beeswax, and smoke. Its beeswax was a bit sweeter but I wouldn't call it honeyed, and the olive oil gave it a rich, foodie vibe, which I don't care for but many people do.

I will second bot of cinnabar's recommendations! Hanerot Halalu is lovely and not overly sweet. The olive oil balances out the smoke nicely. This Wan White Humming Hive is also not at all sweet. 

Endless Corridors from this year's weenies is wonderful, and exactly what I wanted from Light of Men's Lives but it's a bit smokier with the vetiver. Both are lovely. 

I cannot wait for that new Menage... it's in my cart now!

You may want to try out Discarded Sandal from this years Shungas!

Discarded Sandal: Beeswax, hinoki wood, Japanese black pine, juniper, tolu balsam, and muguet.

I think it is quite delicious.

The Witch/Strega may also be interesting to you - it doesn't list honey, though it has a sweetness to it. It's a personal favorite of mine.

The Witch/Strega: Leatherbound tomes and rose cream, flickering flames of twin ambers, and a cascade of shadows: black oud, teakwood, black beeswax, 13-year aged patchouli, cinnabar, balsam, sweet labdanum, tonka bean, and smoke.

Flickering Lantern, a Luper from 2016. Beeswax, purple rose, tobacco and incense