Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Faralle

Help to choose earthy scent

Hey! as you saw in the title I have been trying to find a fitting scent from BPAL for a few weeks now but I just don't find anything fitting. as an example, people saying snake oil is a good place to start from but I don't like spice smell too much. Often I avoid anything too floral so I just feel like my options for earthy and not too much on your face smell are not there. Any recommendations for such?

Edited by Faralle

With "earthy," are you thinking more of a dirt direction, or more of a patchouli direction? 

Destroying Angel has had some attention lately, maybe check out these reviews: 

I'm a big fan of its cousin Death Cap, but i kind of think of it as a vanilla/coconut-y dirt, so I'm not sure if that sounds great to you or not... 

You specifically mentioned not being into florals, so I wouldn't recommend things like Zombi and its ilk (combinations of earth and strong florals). I'm sure others who are more into the earthy side of scents will chime in with more suggestions. :smilenod:

*EDIT* Ooh, I bet this thread might help you! It was last posted in back in 2016, but some of the suggestions are probably still available...

Edited by neptuneanblues
found a relevant recommendations thread

The shades of "earthy" in BPAL are extremely varied and somewhat dependent on your skin chemistry. Are you looking for a green kind of earthy, pure soil earthy, patchouli earthy, or musky earthy? Do herbal or fruit notes appeal to you? 

Death Cap, Destroying Angel, and Grave Pig are all well-loved earth scents in the general catalog without florals. Patchouli and musk scents abound, as do forest/outdoors scents (recommendation threads linked). Some of the Halloween scents currently available might also be up your alley!

7 minutes ago, niffler said:

The shades of "earthy" in BPAL are extremely varied and somewhat dependent on your skin chemistry. Are you looking for a green kind of earthy, pure soil earthy, patchouli earthy, or musky earthy? Do herbal or fruit notes appeal to you? 

Death Cap, Destroying Angel, and Grave Pig are all well-loved earth scents in the general catalog without florals. Patchouli and musk scents abound, as do forest/outdoors scents (recommendation threads linked). Some of the Halloween scents currently available might also be up your alley!

both patchouli + musk are something I like a fair bit. herbal notes are what I enjoy as well, not that much on fruits but I am honestly open to ideas and trying around to find something I like even on floral sidelong as it's not too strong. The biggest nono to me honestly is spicy smells. I have been looking a lot of the musk scents and they seem to have a lot of range even if it does raise question about all different types of musk.

I agree with the recommendation for Death Cap, which is a mild earthy scent in the soil vein. I also love The Grave Pig, Nephilim and Deep in Earth. Vetiver and oakmoss in addition to patchouli are in a lot of earthy blends. 

If you like foresty smells with your dirt, you might try Burial. I really love Deep in Earth which features rose geranium and isn't as perfumey as actual rose. Destroying Angel is another good one. You might actually try Orc - leather, musk, and zucchini, I believe, which is WAY more lovely than it sounds.  Robin Goodfellow is sort of dusty and green. Just for a good, simple patch, I'd second The Coiled Serpent and you might also like Baba Yaga.  Despite the listed "flowers," it's not a floral, and I find it very comforting. Lastly, you can't buy imps of it, but The Rat Speakers is a really beautiful dirt scent. 

ETA:  Just wanted to mention Single Note: Mud Mingled Boot Slush, in case they bring it out again the Yules. (I keep hoping. :D )  It's mint and mud and ozone, and I kinda love it!

Edited by VetchVesper

I'm gonna second The Grave-Pig, which is a touch fruity from the fig, but also delightfully earthy-mushroomy. Must-have for patchouli lovers. 

A plug for Nosferatu if you want to be a little experimental! It's beautifully herby and earthy and not spicy at all. If you want a very 'green'/more floral earthy scent, Arkham is nice. And I love the Samhain scents, which are kind of earthy-sweet!

Thanks for all the recommendations I am doing my order tonight and hopefully my first order will be successful^^

Sign in to follow this