Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Smoky beeswax. I can't discern the vetiver at all at this stage. 

On my skin:

Ooop, there's the vetiver! It comes rushing up at me, a cross between grass and soil and cheap new leather. It does soften on the initial drydown though it remains fairly prominent on my skin. The smoky beeswax does eventually make a stronger appearance, but it's not dominating the way it was in the bottle. 

I kind of want to let this one age more and see what happens. 

This exactly like a blown out candle, beautiful smoky beeswax. Pretty much perfection. This is what I wanted Loved to Death to smell like, and what Light of Men’s Lives almost was for me, but I think it may have amber which doesn't play as nicely on my skin as this. Not to say I don’t like both of the aforementioned, but I amped cinnamon in LtD and the vetiver in this makes it just a bit more somber and dark than LoML. Yes yes yesss! Another blind bottle win. Beeswax lovers, rejoice!

Edited by Madame Mew

Mmmmm. Smells just like that puff of smoke and wax when you extinguish a candle using a candle snuffer, with a very very light honey undertone. So like...imagine you snuffed out a honey candle. If you don't like the smell of smoke or band-aids, this won't be for you, but wow I love it. Ugh I keep smelling where it is on my wrist. 

Oh gosh I love this. Tested from a decant after several days sitting from the mail.

I love me some vetiver, but it seems I need a hit of sweet to go with it. Doleful Pipe Organ was a little too musty for me, to the point of mildewy. This one, however, is really my jam. I don't usually have luck with honey, either. I get old sweat sour with most of them, but this is exactly how I wish it would smell on me - high, thin syrupy sweet and slightly floral. Add a whiff of recently snuffed candle to the air, and I'm in heaven.

First impression was incredibly sweet, almost caramel. Has mellowed into a super cozy, enveloping, warm glow labyrinth that would rather you charm you into exploring its chasms indefinitely than permit you to leave. Great throw and little morphing.

Edited to add: just tried Thieves' Rosin for the first time, and this is exactly what it reminds me of - honey rich and sweet, warm waxy polished wood. Love both of these.

Edited by groovyrooby

Rejoice beeswax lovers!  Beautiful, rich, and smoky candle wax.  I enjoy vetiver, but occasionally it goes sharp.  Here, it's subtle and lovely.  Endless Corridors has stayed pretty consistent on me for the last three hours.  I'm happy to have a partial of this as one of my few beeswax scents.  

A lovely, atmospheric smoky candle wax blend. 

The candle has just blown out (did a ghost do it, or was it just a draft?) and beeswax smoke -- heavy with vetiver -- now drifts in the spot where the flame had been.

The smoky vetiver reminds me a lot of that from Two Sheep and Two Goats Resting Together in a Field from the Weenies two years ago.

I love this, and it has lasted all freaking day, with lots of throw at the beginning (something I rarely get with my skin chemistry).  Lots of beeswax, smokier than Lights of Men's Lives and less sweet.  I absolutely adore everything Beth does with candle scents, and this is a gorgeous addition to the ranks.  If you love beeswax but hate vetiver, you should at least get a decant and try it, because I'm not finding the vetiver at all objectionable. 

I've had a few different sorts of experiences with beeswax notes. Sometimes they are closer to honeycomb wax (super sweet and very waxy/chewy ala Storyteller) and sometimes closer to votive wax (distilled, clear, delicate). This feels sort of in the middle pitching more delicate. It's a true white beeswax of fancy taper candles and votives with a slight chewiness. As other reviewers have noted there's a definite smoke note of a candle recently extinguished. This may be the closest to a real candle I've smelled so far from the lab.

The wax definitely leads as it usually does, but! Getting in really close, I get a DISTINCT sense of a cold draft. It's very faint, like a slight chill, but it's there. There's also a slight mustiness from the vetiver. Together this is precisely the impression I get from the art. Looking down a dark corridor in an abandoned place. The vetiver is playing a gorgeous role here; it's got the rough edges that I adore but never goes acrid or barbecue. It's just smoky, and a little evil, and a little growly. Delicate, unsettling but still wearable. Everything is beautifully balanced and the atmosphere this evokes is just genius. 

(edit): later on in the wear, the vetiver fades out in favor of the wax note, and I'm starting to detect the leather note mentioned up-thread. It's not full-force leather but just a trace of it. This does remind me a lot of Storyteller, but in a more muted sense. It scratches a similar itch. Beeswax lovers, this one is for you!

Edited by supreme_c0rt

I am a HUGE fan of the Lab's beeswax candle blends, and this is a subtler, darker, more evocative fragrance for me. I was also hesitant because of the vetiver, and it's definitely THERE and present, but it only adds to the atmospherics of the scent, rather than overwhelming. This is the scent of a freshly blown-out candle, all resinous dark ash mixed with the smell of smoke and burnt wick. But in the background, is the slightly warm and wavering scent of a pool of melted honeyed beeswax, floating gently around you, as if you have just leaned over the candle itself to extinguish it. The scent feels so haunted to me -- it has the feeling of interiority  and of been hemmed in by close walls. Superb story-telling with this Haunted House series.

Goth to the hilt. Smoky, vetivery dark sexy beeswax.

If I don't order a bottle of this, I think my lifetime goth membership will be revoked and I'll be ostracized in an outfit of shame: chinos & pink polo shirt.

I better get on it. Excuse me now.

Wet: This smells like a room in an old, creaky, and (likely) haunted house after the candles were blown out. In literal terms - beeswax and smoke, with an almost dusty undertone.

Dry: Oooo, stronger beeswax! Stronger, and sweeter. Lots of beeswax, and just a little smoke. The house doesn't seem so old and haunted anymore.

Big bottle upgrade, maybe? 

this one starts off with beeswax and something almost light and clean smelling but not aquatic. that quickly dissipates and i get the vetiver which sort of oily smelling, then smokier, then that sort of lighter feeling comes back...but i think it's just the vetiver going through stages maybe (?) it is definitely reminiscent of a candle being snuffed out and the dying smoke in the air. i like it, it's evocative, but not really wearable for me. may be a better room scent for me...

Somewhat floral beeswax at the beginning. Then the "snuffed candle" aspect comes through. Fully dried it's a waxy, slightly burned scent when I huff my wrist but the wafts I occasionally get are mostly the beeswax. 

I mean it definitely smells like the description says. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it so I'll retest it later and see how it ages. 

EDIT: This is also very long-lasting. I put it on yesterday around 6 pm and now it's 3 pm it's still noticeable on me. 

Edited by Something_Diabolical

Ooh, this is good! I almost passed it up because I already have a lot of beeswax scents, but the mention of the vetiver being the same type as in Two Sheep and Two Goats made me blind bottle. And yep, this is soft, honeyed beeswax with the sweet, grassy, sweetly smoky vetiver of Two Sheep. It's almost vanillic and not at all BBQ-esque. Endless Corridors smells like a beeswax candle with magical vanilla-sweetgrass smoke. If you like the vetiver in Two Sheep and the Lab's beeswax note, this is a happy marriage of those two scents.

Mad at myself for skipping out on this initially because I can be picky with waxy scents. This is lovely!

A sweet honeyed wax with a touch of smoky vetiver. It smells close to vanilla at times? I'm not getting much of that vetiver, which can be a good thing if you are iffy on that note. 

I think I do prefer this to Bloody Corridors, this is a lot sweeter. 

Whoa! Two years of aging has changed this baby like crazy! When I first got it, this was a sharp and piercing beeswax, smoky to the point of headachey. I wanted to love but couldn't, and I sold my bottle. Well, regret set in, and I reacquired a bottle. I am so so glad I did. Now, it starts with the smokiest of vetivers, not bbq but a very dense and chewy vetiver, the kind that will keep aging in that direction, I feel like. On skin, the beeswax starts to bloom into a creamy honeyed wax. Aging has smoothed its edges out, although it will always probably have some of the needley effect that beeswax has for me. But this one is gorgeous now, very wearable, quite strong yet also livable.

Over the hours, the vetiver becomes the subtle earthy resin that I find intoxicating. It lasts a long time on my skin, and I catch beautiful whiffs of it throughout the day. The smokiness continues too, the beeswax there to remind you of the visuals of candles. But I'm so happy that the years of aging are tipping the scales towards the vetiver side for this bottle. That is the most wearable note of these three for me, and the one I adore the most.

A spooky atmospheric of a scent, one I wish was in Atmo form of course, but which I am now very pleased to wear on the skin now that vetiver is taking over. SO happy I reacquired Endless Corridors, and highly recommend that vetiver lovers do so as well.

I'd wear this while: looking to bring the spooky candle-lit dungeon vibes to my life.

:wub2:I have adored Dalliances by Candlelight and was in search of another beeswax scent that was similar. Endless Corridors popped up in my search and I thought I would try it despite the vetiver. I avoid vetiver, especially if it seems like it will be a dominant note. Vetiver tends to be an off-putting smoky BBQ scent on my skin. 

Testing them both and I can smell a big difference despite them being beeswax-heavy scents. Endless Corridors smells like a snuffed out candle whereas Dalliances by Candlelight smells like a creamy honey and patchouli wax tart in a candle warmer.

Both perfumes have the same creamy beeswax note. The vetiver note is so complementary to the beeswax in Endless Corridors, it is in the background of the perfume, just like a soft, whispy swirl of smoke after blowing out a candle. It is beautiful, medium to low throw, and lasts a few hours on my skin. I wish this was an atmosphere/linen spray. It evokes imagery of a gothic candelabra full of drippy beeswax candlesticks with a delicate hint of smoke :wub3: If you don’t like how sweet honey notes are in beeswax scents, try this one because it has no sweetness and is more like a beeswax single note :D 

Edited by violetvorpal