Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is gorgeous. It smells like glass...I guess that's the amber and then I know this will sound weird but it smells like there is a crack. Like something off with the glassy amber. That's what's the visual I get when I wear it... perhaps it's the silvery note on the final drydown..but either way.. it's lovely.

Cracked Mirrors immediately reminds of glass, offering a silvery, reflective orris and muguet.

Borderline aquatic at first, the blend brings something more chalky or porcelain on my skin as it starts to dry down, as though I can smell some of the glass backing. The white sandalwood blends well with this. I can find ambergris, but only if I go looking. I also seem to smell narcissus, though none is listed.

Evocative of its name.

This really is lovely.  It's an unusual, silvery floral with a touch of gentle powder.  I suspected muguet would make this smell soapy on me, but it hasn't, and I'm waffling on needing a bottle.  I'm almost positive this has cucumber in it, giving the blend it's shiny, slippery, sort of synthetic feel.  It's also probably what Casablanca was picking up on as "aquatic", which I can get behind, but think more clear freshwater pool vs. briny ocean (a.k.a. soap) aquatic.   

Describing this as a blur seems pretty spot-on. There's something blurry, silvery but opaque, and soft about this scent. I was expecting some sharp edges in this, but it's a very gentle sort of scent. To me, it conveys an antique mirror with age spots and cobwebs on it--you can just catch your reflection in it, but distorted and shadowy enough that, for a moment, you think it is the figure of a stranger. It does read as aquatic while wet, but as it dries the sandalwood begins to come out a bit and ground the scent as something less watery. This is a very lovely combination of notes.

This smells like the spookier, lightly sweeter version of House of mirrors. I love this scent. Spooky Glass for the win.

This is softer than I assumed it would be? I mean its great..but I was thinking more pronounced shattered sharp dangerous glass? Its not Sea of Glass sharp, for sure.

It dries to a gorgeous soft white musky chypre floral, reminiscent of high-end commercial perfumes like Bulgari etc. Silver note- yes. Glass note- not as much on me? I still love it though.

This is strange (but also very evocative of the name/description) in that it seems both blurry and sharp at the same time. After a brief period of amping the muguet like whoa, giving me sharp, white floral, the sandalwood and orris creep back in, blunting the white florals and giving the scent a soft, hazy quality. Blurry, silvery white floral and orris, with some soft sandalwood in the background.

Aquatic, silvery mirrors, and gilt. This is very much like House of Mirrors, but slightly wispier and more ghostly. Good throw and wear length.