Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bubbling, sebaceous globs of black cherry, scabby dried red fruits, bitter almond, and cherry liqueur pushing through cracked and peeling velvet-flocked wallpaper.

In the bottle: Cherry cough syrup and/or cherry cordial liqueur. 

Wet on my skin: Same as in the bottle. CHERRY. Slightly chilly and medicinal cherry, actually making my skin feel a little bit icy-hot where I applied it. Not bad, just strange!

Dry: This is a very cherry scent. It's like "I Kissed a Girl" in perfume form, honestly, rather than creepy walls dripping with blood. This scent is wearing cherry Chapstick (there is a slightly waxy feel, like Chapstick) while drinking cherry cordial liqueur, with a tiny hint of something bitterly medicinal just beneath the sticky-sweet cherry surface. Not getting anything like a velvet or wallpaper note, but this is semi-fresh from the mailbox, so I may come back to it later. As it is, this is actually only my second full-bottle cherry scent from BPAL, and it's very, very...cherry. Not a super strong throw on this, but it's nice and youthfully sweet, and a little more "commercial" than a lot of BPAL offerings. This would be quite popular with teenage goths, I feel like. 

First sniff is all thick, black cherry. I detect a hint of almond here but it's staying in the background rather than screaming to the front. I can't pick out the other red fruits, but if I had to wager a guess I'd say maybe pom or possibly a raspberry/blackberry. This is actually very thick and lovely, and I appreciate that there's no cream here because my skin doesn't do cream notes justice. If this sticks around and doesn't fade off I may need a bottle.

As it dries down some the cherry mellows slightly and I get something I can't quite put my finger on. Something almost herbaceous. Or a hint of leather maybe? I'm guessing this is the velvet-flocked wallpaper.

It really is quite pretty.

Ooh...

Every single cherry scent I get...the cherry decides to hide. This is that cherry scent. Its THERE and I love it. The bitter almond is in the background keeping things from being too sweet.

And on my very first sniff, I needed to compare against 2020 Aesthetic, but that is much more candy-esque, fun, this has a softer feel. Guess that's the "velvet" aspect. I love it.

CHERRY.  Frick'n strait up, red twizzler, cherry candy.  Then it starts to go more generally fruity.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting some jammy strawberry.  There is something a little darker lurking in the background as this dries down.  Maybe black musk?  My brain might just be jumping to that though, because of the "velvet" descriptor.  Definitely a fruity, red blend.  Playful, but the background notes keep it from being childish. 

In the bottle, this is a lovely, sugary cherry with a leather note barely hiding in there. As it dries down, my skin starts to amp up the leather and the bitter almond while the cherry almost vanishes completely. There's a hint of red fruit remaining, but on me, this becomes a leather/almond-dominant scent. It's surprisingly cozy and comforting. 

Gobby black cherry syrup and a hint of bitter almond.

Sometimes I think I smell pomegranate. But mostly it's gobs of cherry jam and whiffs of almond.

This was cherry plus a smoky tobacco on me that morphed into syrupy red fruits plus smoky tobacco and whatever else is comprising the fuzzy velvet note in this blend. I only got a hint of the almond, far in the background.

I prefer more candy-like cherry scents like Lilith Poundcake and Dragon Bouffant, but if a dark cherry scent sounds enticing, this one is worth a try.

This is one of my favorites of the 2020 Weenies so far.  I love cherries.  I am an absolute cherry fiend.  Every time cherries are in season I buy tons of them, and every time they're out of season I eat frozen ones.

This scent is primarily CHERRIES.  Delicious, juicy, sweet, dark cherries with a little bit of almond.  YUM.  There's something fuzzy in the background after it dries that I can't put my finger on (I suppose this is the "wallpaper").

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that I wish it had a bigger throw.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

Bleeding Walls has a scary name, but it's really a sweetheart once you get to know it! I get hit with cherry gummies when it's wet, then it fades for a short while, leaving a "commercial" type scent, and finally it settles into a clean fruity scent with a bit of old paper, as if someone dropped some cherry jam onto the pages of a paperback. 

My decant just came in today, but I ordered a bottle earlier, and I'm glad I did. 

Cherry Ring-Pops!Cherry goop!Cherry filled candies!Cherry Blowpops!Cherry popsicles!Cherry everything!

Were you the kid who always fought over who got the red popsicles and grief was real when you were stuck with only orange and lime? Were you beyond excited when Starburst came out with an All Reds pack? If yes to both, this is the perfume for you. The one that will make you feel like The permanent Red Candy Winner. May you never suffer red candy deprivation ever again, with this wonderful concoction at your side. 

This was a fruity cherry blend with a whiff of pom and almond. Not as spooky as I thought it would be. Good throw and wear length.

I'm in love with this one 🖤 and I'm so happy because I wasn't very lucky with my other cherry-based purchased from bpal (kabuki is a full liquorice perfume on me and the red queen on my skin turns to pure furniture polish 😭 puuuuh).
in the bottle I can only smell cherry popsicles, my favourites!
on the skin, after the first cherry popsicle phase, it becomes soft and gentle, but still with a strong cherry base. I can't really recognise the velvet note at this stage, but I think that the closest one is tobacco smoke!

Edited by Moonchild

Wet: CHERR-AAAYYY. Cherry candy? It's basically one bright pop of CHERRAAYYYY right now.

Dry: Not a cherry candy scent anymore - more like a light... cherry musk? Not sure what's giving off the musky vibe. Maybe it's the velvet wallpaper note? It's basically a subtle cherry scent on me, now.

I like it, but I have other cherry scents I prefer.

At first, this is a very sweet cherry scent with a more bitter note lurking in the background. On my skin, there's a moment of cough-syrup smell, but it fades fairly quickly and turns sweet again. There's something with a fuzzy and musky quality; it might be the velvet-flocked wallpaper, whatever that's supposed to be. This isn't a bright, fresh cherry scent, but a fuzzy, sweet cherry plus almond that has a bitter note hiding out waiting to jump on you from the shadows. Definitely appropriate for the season and befitting the name Bleeding Walls. 

Pretty much just cherry. Started out like cherry cough syrup, but that faded into cherry and berry lollipops. Didn't get any type of wallpaper or almond notes, but that's fine with me. I bet this would layer well with the chypre in Gen Z Feminist Cenobite! 

This is the kind of cherry-based blend I've wanted, though this is a much darker take on whatever I've had envisioned. I definitely get the black cherry from the bottle with maybe a hint of the red fruits, the almond keeping it from being too bright. On skin, the liqueur comes out and I feel like I'm in a dark Victorian-esque house, touching strange wallpaper. I don't think I can actively detect the almond at this point, but maybe that's how it's playing into the wallpaper bit. It does feel a touch medicinal wet or in the bottle, but it's dried down to be sweeter. On me it doesn't veer into candy like sweet territory. Moody, broody cherry - this was a good blind buy.

Love this so much. Was gonna buy a bottle then I realised it’s out of stock :cry: It reminds me of Tom Ford’s Lost Cherry but it’s heavier on the cherry (his is more almond) and musk.