Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Stitched Together

Oh dear, first again. I feel so unprepared, but I have to sing to the rooftops about how much I love this one.

Can we say YUM? This is mint chip all right, but in a very flattering, wearable way.

The chocolate in this doesn't turn me off like many do (Bliss being an exception) and the mint is creamy but not doing that weird sour-spoil thing on my skin that seems to happen whenever a milk or cream is involved.

The mochi aspect is subtle and more a sweetness to the blend. Thankfully it's not awful and perfumey on me the way basmati goes.

The green tea is the grounding base that's keeping this all together and preventing it from being toothachingly, syrupy sweet. I don't get tea up front, but I know it's there, if that makes sense. 

I love it. I need it. I haven't even sprayed it on my hair yet, but I wanna smell like this all the time.

In the bottle, I mostly get the mint chip ice cream, with the green tea mochi lingering in the background.

In my hair, it's a different story. The green tea mochi is far more prominent than it was in the bottle, so that I get the creamy mint ice cream along with the green tea mochi note. The green tea aspect leans more toward the fresh type of green tea note you find in perfumes and isn't like steeped green tea or matcha, but it has the added gummy, candy-like quality of the mochi note. (If you've tried Astrid's Green Tea Mochi, it's like that.) Curiously enough, I don't get much chocolate from this in my hair, even though it is very noticeable in the bottle, so if you already have something like Peppermint Cocoa Hair Gloss and are wondering if these would be too similar (like I did), I am happy to report that they don't smell very similar at all, and that you would be able to get away with owning both. You definitely have to like green tea notes to appreciate this one, though. (Fortunately, I do!)

The green tea mochi ends up dominating on me after a few hours, but I can still smell the creamy mint ice cream note behind it -- it's just not as strong as it was initially, but that tends to be the case with the minty hair glosses. (That said, I do think the mint lingers more than it does in the Lick It or Peppermint Cocoa hair glosses.)

I'm glad my favorite Wench has a new scent, and I'm happy to own a bottle. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle I definitely get more chocolate, spritzing I get a blast of chilly, but soft mint too. Beautiful creamy mint-chocolate ice cream! But as others have said, not too sweet. I recently chopped my hair and have a hard time sniffing it directly but if I shake my head I get the mint-y ice cream and a beautiful whiff of a bright, almost floral green tea. I had a hard time imagining the two together, but it is gorgeous. Sprayed on a pillow I get a touch of the chocolate underneath as well.

First initial sprays of this were lots of dark chocolate with a little bit of mint. With a bit of time drying, the tea finally comes out and now it's a pretty minty tea with some chocolate. I don't think this is extremely foodie, so if you are a fan of mint this might be a good fit for you because that's the most dominant note once dried down.

No upgrade for me, this is just not as sweet as I was hoping for it to be. But I will enjoy this when I wear my mint or chocolate oils, I think this would compliment them well!

Waffle cone? Wafflecone! Also thick mint cream and chocolate. I can occasionally get a slightly lemon green tea but it's very faint. This is really fairly sweet for me, but the green tea tones that done.

This is one of those scents I've had hard time reviewing because I like it so much. It's a perfect chilly-minty but creamy-sweet scent, with the green tea giving it a light base that keeps it from being overly sweet/gourmand. And it goes so well with other scents I like. In my hair, it's noticeable but not overwhelming. Big, big win. 💚

I sprayed this before I checked the notes, and thought "brownie batter!" which I suppose isn't too far off. ;) 

When it dries, the mint is there, but it's oh-so-light. It's... mainly just chocolate. I can't seem to find the green tea mochi either, which I was really looking forward to.

I had my husband sniff my hair(without telling him what it was), and he said "chocolate!" Maybe my hair just amps chocolate. Maybe my husband's nose is just as broken as mine. I dunno, man.

I got this to wear with Chocolate Rum Scarab from a few years ago. They are definitely complementary scents, but different enough to give a unique vibe on their own. 

Stitched Together is lighter and less blatantly foody. Most of the chocolate note fades away after a few minutes, leaving me with creamy, sweet mint. The green tea comes out a little in the dry down, giving this a bit of an herbal and grown-up feel. The fragrance seems to last 6-8 hours. Overall, it's a sweet treat I'll be enjoying this summer. 

Edited by VetchVesper

Somehow this reminds me of some kind of super high-end chocolate mint marshmallow mochi taffy, if it was sold in some kind of outrageously chi-chi boutique where each piece costs $3 and is wrapped in hand-made foil-stamped paper.  On me, this dries down to a really smooth creamy minty sugary thing with hints of chocolate.  This layers really well with anything with a mint, peppermint, marshmallow, or chocolate notes.