Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Shelter-in-Tomb

This one is a morpher!

I get the cloves & patchouli at times - but not all the time...

strangely, I get whiffs of some kind of citrus. It seems like tangerines to me.

While I don't smell the fig or amber as notes themselves, I get them as an underlying warmth.

This is a sexy one. It's warm, incensed, earthy, spicy. I agree that the amber and fig serve to create a warmth, a smoothness, to this. The cloves and patchouli stand out most to me. Appropriately vampy for this Hallowench.

I need a full bottle, and need to exercise restraint to not hoard it.

Immediately getting sweet clove when I first spray this. 

After it dries, I’m kind of getting a sweet clove and incense type of scent.. that also smells clean?

This one is making my brain hurt. I think I like it enough to keep my little decant, though.

This is lovely! It is like a more clove-forward version of my beloved Vampire Red hair gloss. Patchouli, clove, incense scented. Might need a backup bottle. 

Delightfully bloody!  The clove is quite strong, and this smells very red. It's deep and fruity, like a good mulled wine. It's not real sweet. It IS quite sexy. 

Clove and patchouli really stand out in this blend on my hair! I wasn't sure about this one as milk as a note kind of scares me, but I've had decent hits with milk from the lab (unlike most other niche or indies I've tried) so I decided to take a chance on it. I'm definitely not getting any milk or dairy here. It's very spicy, and a good everyday kind of hair gloss vs ones that are best worn on certain occasions only. This also would pair well with many BPALs. I was hesitating on whether to buy a bottle or not, but I'm really glad I did!

Now the age old question stands: do I need a backup?

Edited by Kanra

this one gave me all clove. i love the idea of clove, but i guess i amp it and it morphs into something weird on me. i did get the slight metallic blood tinge and a little fruitiness underneath, so if you play well with clove, it may be worth trying. 

Shelter-in-Tomb is potentially amazing, yet the fig goes really green on me. Vegetal in a way that works in some blends, yet not so much right now.

I really wanted a sultry red incense-y scent with a touch of sweet fig…. It does smell like that on my hands.

Will the fig calm down after a while? Is it better in dry hair than the damp I applied to? Will keep sniffing to see if it shifts. Maybe I’ll try it as a body spray & see if it’s more appealing to me that way.