Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Buns

This starts off all cinnamon bun - lots of bakery cinnamon, a little icing, a little pastry.  The pumpkin spice note comes in as it dries.  I didn't get pumpkin, just clove and nutmeg mingling with the cinnamon.  The throw and staying power are moderate right now, but I'm sure this will age well.  YUM.

I usually wait a few weeks or more before testing, but I just HAD to take this for a spin.

It's ok so far. 

There's the cinnamon icing and a dusting of pumpkin spice, but I wanted the warm, gooey bakery part of the cinnamon bun to be more pronounced. (You know what I'm talking about, ye who hath also snorfled the local mall's Cinnabon fumes.) 

I'm going to wait a while longer to retest it, and if anything changes, I'll report back!

Edited by Snuffleupagus

I knew I needed to pick this one up because I love cinnamon buns. I hate the smell/taste of actual pumpkins, but pumpkin spice is quite nice. 

I don't really smell much pumpkin spice, but if you love the smell of cinnamon buns, you should enjoy this one.

Freshly applied, this smells like cinnamon buns absolutely slathered with icing, and it is glorious. But as it sits on my skin, it becomes less like a realistic cinnamon bun and more about the pumpkin spice syrup backed by a little bit of baked dough. After several hours, the pumpkin spice smells drier and less sweet, like it does in Pumpkin Spice Everything Hair Gloss.

I wish this one had stayed like it was when I first applied it -- that icing note is so good! And the end result still smells delicious... just not as delicious as it was initially.

I have sensitive skin, and this did not burn the back of my hand or cause any irritation, and somehow it didn't manage to be a cinnabomb despite its name -- so it's worth a try if you're wanting to smell like a cinnamon bun and not a cinnamon broom.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Oh man, this is strait up Cinnabon at first, right down to the gooey frosting.  :yum:  There's definitely some cinnamon going on, but it's not bowling me over, and the pumpkin spice seems less prominent than here than it is in the Chocolate Pumpkin Pie perfume.  After a few minutes, the fragrance softens significantly, and I get less frosting smell, and more general cinnamony baked goods.  Too foody for my fancy, but if you wanna smell like cinnamon buns, you'll be happy.  :D 

Edited by VetchVesper

Soft, chewy cinnamon-bun dough and gooey, sugar-white icing. The cinnamon has some throw, while the rest hangs fairly close to the skin. This is the pumpkin spice; I don't find the pumpkin.

In a few moments, the icing dims into a faded sugary vanilla backdrop for general doughy cinnamon treats. During this phase, I start to want one non-foody surprise twist: some polished woods or a little warm melted beeswax or something.

This is comforting, though, and a bottle is in consideration. 🙂

This one is truth in advertising-- it smells like home baked pumpkin spiced cinnamon buns in the bottle, wet on skin, on dry down.  The notes link elbows and march together.  Medium/ high throw, lasts 5 or 6 hours pretty strongly.

Cinnamon buns with a hint of pumpkin spice, as if it was barely dribbled over them as icing. Fades quickly on my skin. Nice, and would be good for those who usually find Beth's pumpkin spice too overpowering.

Mostly cinnamon - it's a cinnamon pastry! Not much pumpkin spice that I can find - which makes me a bit sad, because I love pumpkin! It does fade quickly on me, though it's a nice cinnamon pastry for a little while. (Awesome Husband: "you smell like cinnamon! I like cinnamon.")

Cinnamon buns with a whiff of pumpkin spice. So extra spicy cinnamon buns? The cinnamon is very prominent, but there is definitely a bread element to this. Good throw and wear length.

Note to those with sensitivity to cinnamon - my skin did turn a little red where I applied this, but there was no burning to go along with it.

Wet: Shockingly.. CINNAMON. Approximately hella cinnamon with a dash of pumpkin spice, and a LOT of throw.

Dry: Still just a buttload of cinnamon with some pumpkin spice. It smells spot on to the wet stage, but nowhere near as potent. I'm really missing some kind, ANY kind of pastry note though.

More of a cinnamon than cinnamon bun scent on me, unfortunately. 

This is definitely delicious cinnamon buns! I can't pick out much of the pumpkin spice though, just lots and lots of cinnamon. It's very sugary as well from the icing note. A little disappointing that I'm not getting the pumpkin spice, but I still enjoy this regardless. If you aren't a huge cinnamon fan, I would avoid this if your skin chemistry is like mine. The throw is pretty good on this as well! Don't think I'll upgrade to a bottle, but this was fun and sweet and I'm enjoying testing it out today.

yep. 100% gooey frosted cinnamon buns with a dash of pumpkin spice for that autumnal warmth. I have no regrets on testing this out on a hot spring day and it immediately makes me long for halloween....

if you're into foodie scents, just do eeeeeet. the throw is fantastic and has even penetrated the fabric of my jacket! it'll make you feel like a walking cinnabon store and you will love it. 10/10 and very glad I picked up a full bottle.

Pretty good! This is a good representation of cinnamon rolls w/o going Red Hot or craft store cinnamon, but also being a different gourmand/foody/bready note than many indies, which go weird and cloying on me nowadays. There is a buttery stage, but it fades. There's also no vegetal pumpkin notes, more the spice mixed in with the sticky buns, as stated. The cinnamon didn't burn, crux of elbow, but it is pretty cinnamony (no ceylon, more your usual spice in the grocery).

Yum! Not my first pick on the gourmand dance floor but a lot better than most I've danced with. Worth looking out for.