Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Gazpacho

I'm getting mainly the pumpkin, sage, and cream. The cucumber is a little further in the background, and I can smell the bell pepper and tomato closer to the skin. This is different...and utterly delightful! But for those afraid of smelling like Soup About Town, I'd say it'd be hard for innocent bystanders to tell what it is without knowing it's called "Pumpkin Gazpacho." It's savory, herby, tangy, autumnal. It's a little soupy secret.

In the decant: Pumpkin, tomato, sage, and a creamy coolness that might be the cucumber, cream, or both. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a little spicier than in the decant -- maybe a bit of the bell pepper -- but it's overall much the same. And it's smoother and... nicer?... than I anticipated Pumpkin Gazpacho being. The drydown softens the blend into buttery pumpkin with gentle peppers and spices. If I, an aficionado of moderately spicy food, was eating this, I'd call it bland -- but as a perfume oil, it has just the right amount of earthiness and tang. 

It's still quite skin close, so I don't know if a bottle is a good investment for me. But since my main complaint with pumpkin scents like Jack (which I like) is lack of spice, this fulfills a perfume need I didn't know I had. Sleeper hit of the 2020 Weenies? 

I wasn't sure what exactly to expect from this one, but I was quite curious.  Pumpkin Gazpacho is odd, fun, and lovely.  It's definitely pumpkiny, but in a very sweet, roasted squash sort of way vs. the typical pumpkin pie sort of thing.  It's creamy with hints of herbal greenery and a cool freshness from the cucumber.  Over all, it just smells homey, comforting, and friendly and I'd love to marinate in a bath oil of this stuff.  It's also not a scent combo I've ever come across before, which makes me appreciate it all the more.  All you veggie lovers, check this one out, and if you're looking for a different sort of pumpkin, here it is. :biggrin: 

My experience with Pumpkin Gazpacho is unlike anyone else's here.  I was afraid the cream note might be troublesome, but it's fine.  In fact, on me, the cream never shows up.  It's the "roasted" note in the pumpkin that my skin amps to high heaven.  On me, Pumpkin Gazpacho smells like someone made gazpacho and stuck some pumpkin and sage in the oven to roast, and then wandered over to the neighbors' house for a drink, or two, and returned to find all their smoke detectors going off and the pumpkin still in the oven, a blackened mess.  For the first hour or so, all I get is charred pumpkin and sage.  After that, it simmers down so that I can smell the cool watery cucumber and tomato, and eventually it becomes a rather pleasant garden kind of scent, but that first hour with my skin chemistry is rough. 

This is pretty much straight up bell pepper with a bit cucumber on me, but it's muted in a way that makes me assume it must be the impact of the cream. Salty cream. I smell no pumpkin or tomato, maybe a hint of the sage. And this is actually pretty good! I almost kinda want this in a hand lotion, or a shower gel.

This smells really appetizing, honestly; now I'm hungry. :D I get mostly sage from this, with a bit of creamy pumpkin and cucumber. I am not really detecting the tomato, but I suppose tomato fruit has a pretty light scent anyway. The overall scent is light, fresh, and cozy.

Tomato, sage, cucumber, and pumpkin. Honestly, this actually smells like tomato leaf with a bit of pumpkin. Summery fresh and cool. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: sweeter than expected, this is roasted pumpkin pulp, butter and green herbs (tomato leaf, majoram, bell pepper). I like the less obvious foody quality of it, and I will place it on the altar next to my roast beef perfume sample because they should be friends.

I can vaguely smell the tomato leaf note. I don't really get cucumber at all.

Dry: This burned off fairly quickly. I can still faintly smell it but I wish it had more throw. This would have to be a locket scent for me as it was pretty much gone with an hour.

This is an interesting scent. Wet I can smell the sage and tomato, it's very much like soup or herbs.

On my skin it goes in a bizarre direction and to me smells exactly like the beach. Like lying wet with saltwater in the sand, and an underlying sunblock smell. It's so strange, but made me really nostalgic.

This doesn't really smell like soup, it reminds me of a herbal clean scent. The sage, cream, and bell pepper were the main notes when I first applied it. I think the cucumber is making this resemble a clean scent to me. And I can't pick out any tomato, but there is definitely a leafy scent in here so I'm thinking it could be tomato leaf instead. Pumpkin didn't really show up on me. It's less foodie than I anticipated, but I can't see myself wearing this often. Glad I got to try it!

Rather than soup, this smells more like the assorted vegetables, all freshly cut and diced and ready to go in the pot. It's a scent that is all at once clean, savory, and a little spicy -- there is an edge that is almost like onion or cilantro to it, like these veggies are destined for salsa instead of soup -- not sure where that's coming from. It is the strangest thing! It is like eating a dish and trying to pick out the various ingredients in it -- which I know we do that often, with these scents, but it feels so very literal, here, like my nose is trying to do what one's palate would do. It's a very unique scent, to me, and while I don't think I need a whole bottle of it, I want to hold onto this imp, just because of how it stands out among the other things in my collection. I would recommend this to foodie people, even if they don't normally prefer gourmand scents, just on this merit.

This definitely smells like a cool soup on me. It goes on really strong on the sage, but then the other notes join in -- the tomato is the main player on me, although I do smell the cucumber and bell pepper. This reminds me of a skin chemistry fail I have with some scents (like Winter Landscape and The Cross of Snow), only, this is supposed to smell like soup. :P The pumpkin note isn't really noticeable on me, and the cream isn't distinct, either, although I am sure it is helping to tie the other notes together and add to the soupy feel of this scent.

I would not wear this as a perfume, but it was fun to try this savory foodie scent. :) 

-I feel like…it’s not what you think it’s going to be!
-Warm autumn gourd -creamy sweetness at the outset, and then it morphs into something sort of airy and green and cool with a crisp bite….but still somehow a little sweet?
– It is sort of like a cold soup…but more of a palate-cleansing dessert soup?
-Like a fancy little after-dinner treat Ina made for Jeffrey because they are trying to eat less cake but they still want to end the meal on a sweet note.