Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Booze

An autumn hooch scent that even the most devoted teetotaler might love: pumpkin spice syrup poured over bourbon with a twist of orange zest and cinnamon clove rimming sugar.

In the bottle: Sweet bourbon, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, along with a bit of slightly bitter orange that I presume is the zest. 

On my skin:

Wet, the spices remain at the forefront, though the booziness is detectable underneath. I also get a whiff of the buttery note I associate with Lab pumpkin. As it dries, it because a beautiful, dry spiced scent. It's very slightly sweet, but the bourbon is keeping this from being anything close to candy-like. I can smell the cinnamon and clove directly, but there is also a quality to the scent -- a sort of gentle, dry spice -- that I associate with cardamom. At this stage, I don't detect the orange zest as its own note, but there is a lightness to the scent that is perhaps citrus inspired. 

Overall, it's a very nicely balanced blend. While the spices are the most prominent on me, they're not overpowering. Similarly, I don't get too much booze, orange, or sugar, either. The throw is low on me, but that just gives me an excuse to slather. :)

Edit Nov 10, 2020 -- Wore this again last night and this morning. I put some on last night. Then this morning, the scent lingered (fairly long wear length), so I put on some more. I'm definitely getting a fun "adult beverage" vibe as I wear it, though it's not super in-your-face. Neither is it the cozy cuddliness of a pumpkin spiced baked good. 

Edited by torischroeder9

Another early Weenie test!

Bottle: Spicy cinnamon pumpkin booze.

Wet: Pumpkin, clove, orange, hint of cinnamon. This smells like a Yule.

Dry: Ah, there's the booze again! Something about the final stage leans into 2019 Samhain territory for me.

I was expecting this to be punchier with the booze or the spices swamping it, but nope: this stays a really *blended* scent all the way through, no one note dominating. It's buttery, sweet, has the subtlest warm tinge, and surprisingly light!

I tested this on the back of my hand (because I have sensitive skin and thought I might need to wash this off due to the heavy spices). It did have a tingling/burning sensation when applied, but it didn't leave any welts -- that said, I would be cautious with this one if you have sensitive skin and would not apply it anywhere like the neck or the crook of the elbows due to the heavy spice content.

Spice warning aside, it smells delicious. Sugary, spiced, orange zest-filled bourbon. I get a ton of the orange zest for a long time with the sugar and spices, but the bourbon comes out more over time and eventually ends up being the dominant note after several hours of wear. The other notes are still there -- they're just not as strong as they were initially.

I like this, but I'll have to stick to a decant since it is so spice-heavy and wouldn't be able to be slathered. (Too bad -- I love the label art!)

ETA: I actually wound up with a partial of this. Now I don't have too much of it, but I also get to appreciate the label art. Huzzah!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Pumpkin Southern Comfort!

This has been resting a few days. Even without reading the notes, the booze was (and is, in testing today) clearly bourbon and the orange spices are strongly present. Freshly applied, the bourbon goes potently boozy-fumes for a moment or two before settling into a gentler, warm holiday bev.

I like this once it gentles. I get a whiff of buttery warmth among the pumpkin, orange, spiced bourbon. It's that extra touch that feels like a holiday drink with more fuss in its preparation than just a quick pour of fluids over ice. This is a cocktail-recipe-book drink, rather than an already-two-sheets-out-so-just-refill-ASAP drink.

Oh!! This is a very realistic bourbon old fashioned with a touch of pumpkin spice syrup. The booze note is very strong at first, just like that first sip of my favorite cocktail. Then it becomes smoother and more wearable. After an hour, I'm left with a gorgeous autumnal blend on my wrist, where all the notes have mellowed and blended together like my mood after a couple of old fashioneds. Lovely! 

This was a surprise standout for me.  I was expecting lots of pumpkin spice, and to be bowled over by cinnamon.  Surprisingly, I got very little cinnamon on my skin, and while the spices are very present, they are balanced with the other notes, buttery bourbon and vibrant, orange zest, to make a fun, foody, and festive elixir perfect for the holiday season.   This ended up being my pick for Christmas Day.  I got 3 compliments and one, "you smell like food."  :D  

Clove, pumpkin, bourbon, gender neutral to slightly masculine, but goddamn, the clove + bourbon combination is sexy as hell.

Sour, raw booze in the bottle. Goes on as clove, and sweetens a little with cinnamon as it dries.

I really hoped my skin might react differently to pumpkin spice after a few years, but alas, it's still on my no-no-notes list. :(

I debated on this one a lot before buying.  I don't do well with the Lab's pumpkin note(s).  They usually smell too buttery to me and make me a little queasy, but the rest sounded good and it was Halloween, so may as well give it a try.

I'm glad I did!  The pumpkin part is a little bit buttery, but it gives it a warm, cozy sort of note.  The pumpkin spice is nice and not overwhelming, the bourbon is definitely there but not "I smell like a bar" level and the orange zest and cinnamon clove just warm it up that much more.  

This is less boozy than I expected, but also much better than expected!  I'm glad I took a chance.

Buttery pumpkin and pumpkin spice. The booze note was only strong when wet, it doesn't last very long on me. The pumpkin is pretty sweet, it seems more like a dessert scent than a boozy one to me. The orange isn't appearing on me and the cinnamon and pumpkin spice kind of makes this smell like potpourri.

I wanted the booze to stay around longer, but I'm not mad at the scent it became. It's a really nice warm pumpkin scent and I think fans of BPAL's pumpkin note would not be disappointed with this.

The rimming sugar must be brown, because all I could smell was the screechy burning mess that brown sugar or caramel always turn into on me. Too bad, it sounded delicious. 😞 

There is definitely a nice, spiced, almost herbaceous adult beverage vibe to this. No strident booze note on my skin at all. I could get the overall notes of a tasty cocktail, without smelling as if I had literally spilled on on myself. Unfortunately this scent was neither very extroverted nor long-lasting on me.

Ever since discovering "Pumpkin Pie Musk," I have this need try everything with Pumpkin Spice in it. Though PS Booze doesn't quite match up to the level of love I have for PS Musk, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy wearing it in the evenings. The PS notes are stronger than the boozey notes, thankfully. The bourbon and orange give it a halloween-styled manhattan vibe. I don't pick up much cinnamon in particular but I am okay with that. Recommended for lovers of all things PS that want a dash of bitters sweet sophistication but not so much that it takes the wild autumn out of it. (Maybe don't try this if you're hungover though.) I'd say it has a pretty decent throw, and average longevity.

Edited by skyturtles

I love pumpkin and I like a good cocktail, so I definitely wanted to try this! It goes on very boozey and bourbony, with cinnamon the next strongest, and then some glowing pumpkin with hints of orange. It's almost too much booze - I'd love to drink it, not sure I want it on my skin! But after a few minutes it settles down and becomes more blended. It's not as sweet as I was expecting - there's some sugar, like a brush at the rim of a glass, but the booze/cinnamon spice is louder. I like it, but I don't know if it'll be in heavy rotation - for one thing, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't wear it to teach! 😄

I agree that Pumpkin Booze is definitely heavy on the bourbon, in the first stage. 
It quiets down to an orange-tinted sugar & spice with a gentle drop of bourbon and threaded with a sense of pumpkin warmth. A refined mood. 

I walked up to my partner while testing this and he said, “It’s the perfect Halloween scent!” before I even told him anything about it.
Mission accomplished.

Autumn party scent acquired. 

Loads of sweet pumpkin spices, but no actual pumpkin to my nose, with a hit of brightness from the orange. The bourbon provides depth, and is boozy, but in a sort of idealized way, so it isn't harsh. This is becoming a regular in my warm, cozy, spicy autumn scents rotation.

Well hello bourbon! There's almost a woodiness to this from the clove - the spices are delectable and beautifully blended. As with other whiskey scents from the lab, the overall scent impression doesn't strike me as boozy even though it does smell exactly like bourbon. Glad I was able to snag some of this!