Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Please Scream Inside Your Pumpkin Patch

In the bottle: Pumpkin pancake batter!

Wet on my skin: Pumpkin pancake batter! With a bit of powdered sugar. 

Dry: Wet, sweet, goopy pumpkin pancake batter. Specifically batter, not cooked pancakes. With a bit of powdered sugar and cinnamon. Could also double as pumpkin pie, actually. But pumpkin pie with funnel cake crust...and a bit of powdered sugar and cinnamon. YUM. Foodie, gourmand, fairly simple, and delicious. I want pumpkin treats now. 

Edited by DiesMali

I love this because the Pumpkin note isn't spiced, it's a really beautiful pure pumpkin that smells like the actual fruit. Add to that the delicious funnel cake note that I love from the PSIYH series; and what's this? On my skin it dries down similarly to Pumpkin Tobacco. This...might be backup worthy.

This is the first Please Scream I've tried.

I can see the comparisons to churros and French toast. And I could see this twist on it being pumpkin spice churros for many.

But while part of my brain can read that, most of it yells "Pumpkin spice mattress foam topper!" and it will not be consoled.

In the decant, I get the eggy french toast-y dough from Please Scream Inside Your Pumpkin Patch pretty strongly, along with some fleshy pumpkin.

On me, it actually quickly becomes mostly about that fleshy, peach-like pumpkin (I'm not getting spice from that note, and it kind of makes me of the pumpkin in White Pumpkin Extrait, and the pumpkin/peach combo of Jack without the butteriness) before morphing into a pancake batter scent. It's interesting that that ended up being the final result, because that didn't happen to me with Please Scream Inside Your Heart or Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil.

This is pleasant, but I'll stick with Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Sugar, pumpkin pancakes, and a whiff of hay. This one is definitely fresher and lighter than the PSIYH-Haunted House version. Medium throw and wear length.

At first I thought this resembled pumpkin spice, but as it dried down the hay and pumpkin got stronger than the spices. The pumpkin notes come close, but they don't overpower the funnel cake. This is super sweet and reminds me a little bit of French toast.

This is probably the best Please Scream Inside Your Heart blend that the Lab offers, in my opinion. If you try any of the blends, I would definitely recommend this one first!

Pure, unspiced pumpkin goo, some green-ness from the hay and nuttiness from the pumpkin seeds, and powdered sugar. From a distance this smells like the pumpkin goo + brown sugar, or pumpkin cake.

Simple but super fun!

I can see the french toast comparison, it feels more like that than funnel cake on me (for which I'm grateful) though there is still a hint of fried. Definitely pumpkin, but not pumpkin spice. Actually, this is probably my favorite pumpkin thing I've tried. It's a dark, comforting, sweet smell with a bit of freshness mixed in that might be the hay. Fairly good throw and wear time.

While I don't think I'd reach for it enough to get a bottle, it is a decant I will thoroughly enjoy 

Note - I have some skin sensitivity with cinnamon blends, but didn't have any issues here.

Wet: Cinnamon, right up my nose, with a little splatter of pumpkin.

Dry: Pretty dang close to the wet stage, but I think my skin is amping the cinnamon a bit. There's an added sweetness here as well that wasn't present earlier, and the pumpkin is just sort of watching from backstage.

It's a bit too strong on the cinnamon for me.

Spiced pumpkin filling, with a creamy pastry underneath. There's pumpkin spice, without it being an in-your-face sort of thing. Some cinnamon, a bit of a buttery note which is what I would expect from both pumpkin and pastry, a dusting of sugar, a bit of vanilla. It starts out mildly spicy and becomes a creamy sort of scent over time. It's fairy low-key on the throw and had some decent staying power. I enjoyed it!

Ever since I lost my beloved Pumpkin Pie Musk (where are you, oh my love?), I have been trying a handful of different Pumpkin Spice scents. I wouldn't have considered myself a fan of "sweet" scents, but here I am getting intimate with this funnel cake. There's enough ~spices~ to give it the name, but enough pulp to round it out with some bitterness. Though it's not the song of my heart known as Pumpkin Pie Musk, I'm quite happy with it, but unfortunately my partner is not. I'm going to use up this whole imp though, you better bet.

Edited by skyturtles

The perfect pumpkin heavy-halloween scent I was hoping to find from BPAL? 'Til the day I've found something better, yes - this is it. 

Sweet pumpkin waffles 'n hay, chaotically halloweeny-orange. Hmmm. 

Please Scream Inside Your Haunted House is my faaaavorite but screaming in the pumpkin patch is also pretty great. This pumpkin reads a bit buttery to me when freshly applied, which I like, and then there are the lightly cinnamon-y funnel cakes in the hay. I would turn down the volume on the cinnamon (already fairly low) and turn up the volume on the pumpkin, if I could, but it's a tremendously sniffable scent. 

In the bottle: buttery pumpkin, yum!

Initial Application: Buttery pumpkin, OMG I SMELL DELICIOUS

Drydown: Pumpkin w/the faintest ghost of spices, like a pie that you can smell cooking in a neighbor's house, mixed w/clean hay from the pumpkin patch you're standing in. It smells FANTASTIC.

3 Hours Later: Funnel Cake! OMG I SMELL DELICIOUS

In conclusion: Medium throw, well-balanced, lasts about 4-5 hours, effing DELICIOUS.