Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Oh...my...goodness!! This is amazing! Sniffing in the bottle, I get the chocolate and pumpkin. Both strong! On my skin, it smells very close to Pumpkin V 2009, but chocolate instead of the coffee. This has an amazing throw. After it dries, I get a little less chocolate and more pumpkin...the good pumpkin. Spiced and delicious! Just need a dollop of whip cream now! If you are a foody fan, you must get this! This is back up bottle worthy! I am so in love!!!! 💖

This is super delicious and very much in line with the Beaver Moons. The chocolate crust is strongest at first, then I get the creamy pumpkin cheesecake, and then some spices come out as it dries down further. Quite realistic smelling. 

I agree with these other reviews, this one is spectacular! I was worried that the Dark Chocolate note would be prominent..kind of like in the box of chocolates scents of past Lupercalia. But after seeing a few rave about this I said F it and added it to my order. I am so glad I did! 

It’s the graham cracker crust of a thick chocolate pie with some cinnamon and nutmeg in there? That’s what it smells like to me anyways. I’m trying it straight from the mailbox but I know I will love this forever. 

Straight from the mailbox! 

In bottle: Very creamy, pumpkin spices note is most prominent 

Wet on skin: The chocolate crust really comes through and blends super nicely with the pumpkin. It definitely has a graham cracker/cheesecake scent to it! Very tasty, I can tell I'm going to love this 

I really like how subtle the scent is on the whole. 

Ohhh man. Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie starts off with tons of delicious chocolate pie crust. It's so good that it is making me want one of those pudding pies with an Oreo crust! :yum:  (This is not an Oreo crust, though!) But then the heavily spiced pumpkin cream cheese rises up, and the pumpkin spice part of it is so strong that it ended up leaving a welt on my skin. :( (If you have sensitive skin, apply with caution!) So then it is very much about the pumpkin spice for a long time, but when it finally calms down, I get a ton of coconut and chocolate ganache and crust, and it smells like one of those Magic Bars with chocolate and coconut (but with more spice).

This smells delicious, and now I want a scent with this chocolate crust note but without the heavy pumpkin spice! :beg: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle, I'm getting lots of graham crackery chocolate.  On my skin it's all pumpkin spice with only a touch of chocolate peeking out.  Alas, not for me, but if your chemistry plays well with the lab's spicy pumpkin pie note, this probably delivers on foody goodness.

Upscale dark chocolate pumpkin pie, with a fudge-rich chocolate truffle note that I think is the ganache over pumpkin spice and soft chocolate crust. 

In drydown, more of the pumpkin cream cheese comes out, but it doesn't overwhelm the balance.

Really enjoying this! There was a ton of chocolate at first, so much so that I couldn't pick out any of the other notes. But after a little time drying, most of the chocolate has faded into the background. Now it's cinnamon graham crackers with a hint of pumpkin pie. I wish I was getting the cream cheese from this, one of the main reasons I picked up a decant of this, but I can't detect it at all.

I wish the chocolate lasted longer, but this is still a great blend. I didn't know how badly I'd crave a graham cracker scent until I tried this out today! Might upgrade, but for now I think I'm going to be fine with this decant.

I can't believe I almost passed this one up. I was like, "Pumpkin pie? Eh."

But then the reviews started rolling in and I just had to try it!

In the bottle, it's a crumbly, chocolatey graham cracker crust and a cream cheese filling studded with flecks of pumpkin spice.

On the skin, it's more generous with the filling, and the pumpkin spice sparkles to the surface. It balances deliciously with that chocolatey crust note.

Backup-worthy. We're talking multiple backups here.

Chocolate ganache, and a whiff of both crust and pumpkin spice. For me, this is mainly a dark creamy chocolate blend (not sweet), with enough crust and pumpkin spice to keep it from being all chocolate. Medium throw and wear length.

Oh wow this is lovely. It starts out with chocolate, crust, and a blast of witch shop cinnamon. I love this phase. I doofed and put this on the crux of the elbow after a hot shower, so I had a reaction to the cinnamon. I'll probably put this on the top side of my wrists next time (totally underrated application spot imho).

Dries down pretty nice, pleasant dry cinnamon crust blend. The fact this doesn't go sour on me as a pumpkin and/or gourmand is a huge win. If you have issues with the pumpkin note give this a spin, dude. It's not my favorite pumpkin indie, but it is definitely one of my favorite pumpkin BPAL blends. I really like this and will definitely keep the partial, might even upgrade to a full in the future. ❤️

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

The DECADENCE! Deep, dark, spicy, chocolate deliciousness! It’s funny, when I sniff close to the skin I get a very rich chocolate pastry with a heavy dose of yummy Chimera-ish cinnamon. The projection all about the chocolate ganache, with a sprinkle of spice. It’s almost like two different scents! So rich, dark and autumnal, it will definitely get a lot of cold weather wear, I have nothing else like it in my collection. 😋

Apparently I never reviewed this one! It's even nicer now, having aged a bit. It goes on heavy and strong - a blast of dark chocolate, a baked pastry, and heavy pumpkin pie spices, cinnamon and nutmeg - I like all those things, so that's good, though it is rather a lot at first! And then as it dries it just balances out perfectly: calming down a little, still gorgeously balanced with all of the above, but with an emerging note like a cream cheese - like a pumpkin-spiced cream cheese. It's just lovely.

This is one of my absolute favorite gourmands. It's insanely perfect. Take that really beautiful chocolate-cinnamon combination from El Dia De Los Reyes, darken up the chocolate, and add pumpkin pie spice and a cheesecakey filling, all on top of a graham cracker crust. It is so delicious, decadently blended, not over-the-top sweet, perfect for wearing for hours. This treat just screams fall to me with its spices and pie crust, but also feels really midnight-naughty with the dark chocolate and the pumpkiny goodness.

There's nothing quite like Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie in the BPAL array of gourmands. It makes me want to eat my arm. I always save it for fall because it is just That Good and it instantly brings the fall vibes. I know that cold weather and bonfires and sweaters are coming (if not actually here yet). 

If you like any of the spiced chocolate scents from BPAL, or the custardy pies/cheesecakes, I feel like this is a slam-dunk hit. I have moved away from a lot of the chocolate scents, but this one is never leaving my collection. I want a hair gloss of this blend so badly. It would be exquisite! So even if you're not a chocolate fan, still give this one a try.

I would wear this while: crafting fall projects with the AC cranked down and a cozy blanket.

This is one of the best pumpkin pie scents EVER! I thought the chocolate would take over but it does not! It’s a delicious pumpkin pie and chocolate dessert. Super balanced and rich! Definitely a favorite! Foodies will not be disappointed! 😋🎃🥧🍫