Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Apple Spice Hard Candy

Not as sweet as I was expecting, but still plenty sweet!   This reminds me more of sparkling cider than candy.  It's fizzy and cool at first.  (I guess there's an extra "hard" to this candy.  ;))   Folks who enjoy champagne might dig it.  The spice is very subtle.  I'm only getting a hint of it in the dry down, so if you were worried about being beset by holiday spice, have no fear.  This is sort of an apple-y Sugar Skull.  It's short lived on me, but fun while it lasts.  

This smells like an apple Jolly Rancher or lollipop with a very light touch of spice. It gets less candy-like after a few hours and has a bit of the effervescence that VetchVesper mentioned.

I like it, but I don't love it. (Honeyed Apple is this year's apple win for me.) But if you're looking for a sweet apple scent with very little spice, you should be pleased with this one! (I was actually kind of hoping it would have a little more spice.)

Take Bon Vivant, swap out the strawberry for apple jolly rancher, crank the volume up to max, and that's pretty much what you've got going on here.

This scent is AGGRESSIVE.  A little touch of it on my wrist apple-sploded my entire living room.  It may be a little too much.

A red Jolly Rancher. Not "apple," because I know from the Lab's magnificent and varied apple notes, but red.

Slightly more perfumy after an hour. Gone shortly after that. No spice. A fun, playful, but short-lived scent.

Wet: The year is 1993 and someone has left a partially sucked red apple jolly rancher in the autumnal potpourri section inside the halloween section of hobby lobby.

Dry: it wavers between  smelling like herbal tea with dried apple bits in it and old potpourri. It's right on the edge of being powdery. Devil's night has a similarity powdery apple.

Edited by Biocarbons

When wet, this is pretty much like a Jolly Rancher. It's a very sweet apple scent and almost reminds me of apple cider. When it dries down, it's apple spice. But the spice note isn't very strong, it's definitely more apple forward.

Sadly, this did not last very long, around 2 hours. :cry: But it was a very fun and sweet scent while it lasted!