Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

A Cozy Sweater and an Apple Cider

I am in heaven...this is ssssoooo nice and cozy. :angel:

Sniffing from the bottle I get more of the notes that comprise sweater which I'm having a hard time placing but it is a very clean comforting sophisticated smell. Certainly a freshly washed sweater. Something about this sweater profile reminds me of Wax Cylinders, but a note that is not listed. :think:

Once on the skin the apple cider comes out more and adds warms to the blend. To me neither aspect dominates the other, it just becomes a very gorgeous autumnal blend. I will cherish this!!!! :heart:

This was faint at first, but the scent is stronger after a day or so of rest, so I'm sure it will only get better! It's that same cozy, fuzzy fabric note as in Cozy Pumpkin Sweater and Cafe Au Lait and a Wool Blanket, but paired with golden, delicately spiced apple cider. Low-ish throw, smells elegant, and probably wouldn't offend people in a work setting. If anyone asked, you could just pretend you have really fabulous detergent. :D

When I first put this on, it was all laundry detergent which, like... Isn't bad but definitely wasn't what I was going for. Thankfully, the strong detergent smell settles quickly on the skin into more a freshly cleaned fluffy sweater. The apple comes out more, too, although the sweater still dominates on me as it has in other blends. I'm getting the sliiiiggtest spice, but was kind of hoping this cider would have a bit more spice to it.

This sweater doesn't remind me too much of Cozy Pumpkin Sweater or Cafe au Lait and a Wool Blanket, but I remember not really liking either of those until they'd aged about a month so maybe they seem disimilar because this one is so new. I do like this one fresh, but hoping it gets even better as it ages like those other two did! 

All in all, a clean and fresh laundry scent with a splash of apple and low throw. 

Edit: the longer this sits on the skin, the more balanced it's becoming and the warmer and cozier it gets. Yep, this one's gonna be great!

Edited by deadlyves

Freshly applied and still wet: holy apple cider, Batman! A real, juicy apple with a hefty shot of cinnamon and spice. 

Five minutes later: it goes high end cider candle on me — ever so slightly waxy and very strong on the spice 

Fifteen minutes later: apple is nowhere to be seen, the spices are the barest whiff, and it’s a beautiful soft wooly musk. Very comforting, and very different from anything else in my collection. 

Edit: a couple of hours in and the cider came back, but faintly, like I spilled a bit on the cuff of my sweater and didn’t notice. Soft and beautiful but VERY close to the skin on me. 

My skin tends to amp sweet and eats perfume oils so it wears very close to the skin. I think I’m going to really love this, even though it shifts like crazy on me! 

Edited by Chanteuse87

I really wasn't sure I was going to like this, but the concept of it was lovely, so I gave it a shot and...

It's not working for me.  I get a very nice clean laundry smell (not laundry detergent or that fake "clean linen" scent you smell in candles and bathroom sprays) that slowly, slowly lets through more and more apple cider until it's probably 85% sweater / 15% apple cider.  The cider is really nice and would have made a nice single note.  Ultimately, though, this, as it stands, just isn't my style.

A Cozy Apple and an Apple Cider is very much the Weenie counterpart to You are Not Alone from the Lilith update. There's the freshly laundered sweater note (the hoodie note is the same from You are Not Alone), but instead of a dribble of lavender and paperback pages, you get just a touch of apple cider. 

The good news? If you have sensitive skin, there is so little spiced apple cider here that it shouldn't be an issue (the same cannot be said of Single Note: Apple Cider, which did burn my skin and ended up getting gifted to a friend that adores spice scents).

The bad news? I was really hoping for more apple cider than just a dribble! But maybe it will come out more with age, so I'm going to set it aside and find out. At the moment, it smells a lot cleaner than I expected it to be, though.

This evokes exactly what the name states. The apple here is mulled, but the spices aren't in my face and taking over. And the sweater note is something that I have no idea how Beth captures, but I totally get it. It feels close to my skin, but that's fine by me.
To my nose, this is a splash of apple cider on a sweater, both room temperature, a soft reminder of the drink I had the evening before. I wish the apple was a little more present, as that's lacking in my collection. however I do find this very enjoyable and perfect for the season.

In the bottle I get juicy apple, this one smells golden to me. Sweet, with just a tiny hint of tartness. It's lightly spiced. Very fresh. On my skin the breezy, clean-cotton (but not like straight-up laundry detergent clean) takes over for the first half hour. It's such a comforting cuddly cotton that I don't mind one bit. After a half hour the cotton quiets a bit and I can smell soft spices around the edges of it, and eventually the apple melds in with the cotton. The throw is huge for the first half hour on me, and then it is quite close-wearing afterwards. I really love the idea of this one for early autumn when the breeze is still fresh and not bone-chilling, but I'm craving deep-autumn comforts. 

On my skin this is very close to a nice laundry detergent! I would love if my clothes would smell like this all the time😋 but as a perfume not really my style sadly..

This is the first 2020 Weenie I have tried so far, but I am very impressed! The clean laundry note in this smells more like laundry detergent and soap than the angora sweater I thought it'd be, but that's fine with me. The spices and apples in the cider are very sweet, but they aren't as strong as the laundry note. As it dries, I think the cider comes out a little bit more than the laundry, but it's still a very heavy laundry scent.

I love BPAL laundry scents so I will for sure keep this decant, but I still need some time with it to decide if I will be purchasing a bottle in the future. I am a little bummed out that the apple cider isn't a bigger presence in this, but age could hopefully change that. And I still like it regardless! My go to laundry scent is Boober, but I could see this being perfect for a day where I want to smell like clean clothes and want something more interesting than pure detergent.

If you love clean laundry scents, this would be a perfect addition to your collection! I've heard some blends that have things like cinnamon can cause irritation in people with sensitive skin. I have not noticed any reaction on my wrists while wearing this, but I would keep this in mind if you decide to purchase. 

My first reaction- fuzzy wool sweater! How does she do it?! This stays close to my skin and smells so good. I can find the apple cider if I think about it, but if I didn't know it was there, I wouldn't identify it. It's as if I spilled some cider on the table and accidentally got it on the cuff of my fuzzy wool sweater. I blotted it and let it dry. That slight hint of cider embedded into the cuff of my wool sweater after it dried, and I'm not going to send it for dry cleaning just because of this- that's this scent. Lovely.

I'm with the laundry reviews - this smells like really nice dryer sheets. Clean apple, not powdery, not juicy or even fruity, just fresh airy apple.  Not something I want to wear, but I am very seriously thinking about dabbing this on one of my wool dryer balls.

Exceptionally cozy apple laundry.

When this first arrived, I hardly got any apple or fabric scent from the blend, just cozy dryer sheets. But a few days of settling has shifted the balance.

When applied, this smells like slightly powdery apple laundry with faint cider spice. In drydown, I actually find angora! Not just wool but, somehow, specifically bunny-influenced angora. It has a soft, fiber-yarn quality, like I'm sniffing inside a bag of yarn (as someone does somewhere, I'm sure).

As this dries, it loses much of its apple, but the yarn-like laundry scent lingers. It also grows more powdery, the one aspect leaving me on the fence about a bottle upgrade. This will be a decant to enjoy, regardless.

I am getting a lot of laundry, but the soft woolly kind, with just a touch of skin. It's lovely and cozy, but I was also hoping for more apple cider! I might just layer it with a little of Lambs-Wool (the mulled apple scent that doesn't burn me) to see if that does anything...

EDIT 9/1/21: after my bottle has aged some, there is definitely more apple in this! 

Edited by Miyabi

oh my sainted aunt what the hell happened?! This is burnt French tobacco and gross smokey musk, even in the bottle, so it's not just my skin chemistry. Did someone set the sweater on fire? Did I get the wrong decant?

Yep, what everyone else says. Dryer sheets plus apple. On me this is mostly dryer sheets. The apple fades pretty quickly. It is pleasant, but I don't need more than a decant.

I keep trying the cozy linens and laundry scents even though they rarely work for me, they tend to get all ozoney/dryer sheets.

This one, however, actually behaves pretty well. It stays nice and fluffy and soft, like a freshly washed sweater. However, the apple cider is nowhere to be found! If I sniff really hard and think about it, I get a breath of apple, more like a soft airy apple blossom note. This is truly a "dribble" of apple cider over laundry, but I'm disappointed because I wanted more of the cider to give it a really cozy, seasonal vibe.

A clean, comforting laundry scent with a tiny hint of apple, which is nice but not quite what I was looking for.

Fuzzy wool and a whiff of apple. This does smell cozy. Would make a great room scent or laundry blend. Deliciously comfy.

Wet on, this is a pleasant apricot-colored laundry detergent or fabric softener: Sweet, slightly fizzy, clean, and comforting.

I'm not sure what kind of apple this is, but it smells closer to...  a jumble of orange-red fruits (that are not berries).

What works is the fizziness in this blend that can actually be smelled and is very reminiscent of actual cider - made from a very ripe and juicy Red Delicious.

The laundry detergent smell makes me think of a cozy sweater for sure. However, I am missing some softer cream notes that tone down the harshness of the blend a little.

When dry, there is an apple blossom note coming out that's really pleasant. There is also less fizz and more cream in the scent.

If you want to smell like fresh laundry, this is one is the best BPALs I know of so far!

If the apple note here were stronger, it would smell almost identical to the Dawn green apple antibacterial dishwashing liquid my husband bought a four-pack of on Amazon. And I don't use antibacterial soap.  As the apple note is very faint, this is more like laundry detergent. 

Very evocative for me.

You know those plumes of heated air that you can see from dryer vents in the winter? That's what this smells like to me.

Fuzzy, warm, but clean and fresh.