Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

First one reviewing this? Damn, okay! Never tried Smut before so I don’t know what it’s meant to smell like on its own. 

Straight from the bottle: WOAH. Syrupy goodness!

On the skin: straight toffee, it’s quite overwhelming. After about ten minutes the Apple starts to come through. The toffee does die down a bit once the apple makes itself known. 

The warmth of the toffee makes it such a cosy scent but the apple cuts through and freshens it up to make it uplifting. So glad I chose to buy a full bottle of this, sad I only bought one! 

I’d say if you’re easily overwhelmed by food scents to stay away from Candy Apple Smut. She sure can pack a punch in the first half but damn, she leaves you with good vibes. 

Edit: after wearing this overnight I think I’ve been able to sniff identify the musk that makes Smut so amazing. I can still smell waves of apple a day later along with the toffee and musk. It’s got an air of sexiness to it while being cosy and still showing little bursts of joy over 24 hours later. I know people say Smut gets better with age so I’m wondering how this would stand up as it’s already blowing me out the water on day one! 

Shot right up to being possibly my favourite BPAL scent I’ve tried so far. 

Edited by Angelshair

A bright, sugary toffee apple mixed with swirls of boozy musk. This one is gorgeous and highly recommended if you're a fan of apple scents and smut. I'm so glad I have a full bottle because this is gorgeous and backup bottle worthy!

Fresh from the Lab. In the bottle and wet on skin: apple, spices, syrupy sexiness. Makes me think of the filling of those $.79 mini pies you get in the wax paper at the store. Something creamy in there, too. Hot damn, we're off to a great start.

Drydown cinnamon spice broom with creamy Smut warming it up. Autumn blend FTW, I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages. 

This starts off with a strong candy apple scent, and then dries down to a very musky apple sugar blend on me. Good throw and wear length.

A mildly tangy green apple in warm, syrupy sort of gentle brown toffee. The toffee goes from warm and syrupy to creamy. 

After drydown, the apple settles a bit and I get whiffs of boozy musk as Smut peers out.

After a while, though, this turns a bit weird on my skin. Red musk doesn't play usually nice on me, but this smells more like the apple went off. Starts pleasant, but not for me.

This did not smell like what I was expecting. I think the musk ended up making it more perfumey than gourmand, and it just didn't sit right on my skin. It ended up feeling like I was trying to smell the candy apple while it was still wrapped up in plastic, holding it with a hand covered in smut.

This one rubbed me the wrong way, which is not something you want in your smut.  To me it turned out to be less "candy apple smut" and more "burnt brown sugar and butter smut."

I have no idea why this happened.  It was not the kind of Halloween scare I wanted.

I'll let it sit around in my drawer and see if it improves over time.

This was weird on me. I mostly got the sweet, caramel apple and none of the Smut when I first applied it. It started very sugary, but after an hour it just smells like cinnamon and the faintest bit of apple with some sugar. 

A little disappointed for multiple reasons: there was barely any Smut and it faded considerably after a short amount of time. I don't know if aging is going to improve this one or not, but we'll see. So far, this was the biggest disappointment from the 2020 Weenies for me. Definitely no bottle upgrade.

This was my favorite of the weenies I tried. I've tried Smut itself several times, and I like it okay, but I was never interested in a full bottle. But having it as a base for weenies? Now I'm interested.

On, wet, it's immediately a strong, sugary candy apple. Not a caramel apple, but one of those juicy apples with a hard red candy shell. Underneath it has a dark, boozy base.

As it dries, the notes sort of meld together and come into balance in a beautiful way, turning into this sort of mulled cider Smut, with dark spiced rum notes and delicious sweet apples. This one lasts a long time in the drydown and has fantastic throw.

I had the barest chance to try this before I had to scrub it off because of an allergic reaction (uncontrollable sneezing - had to be to the candy apple component since I've tried Smut in many forms and never had a reaction).  My impression in that short period of time: green apple Jolly Ranchers.  I couldn't wash it off entirely, but what was left was essentially Smut with a little bit of sour green apple.

I'm not sure I'm getting the same apple as everyone else?  Disclaimer, though: I'm recovering my sense of smell Post-COVID and I did only have a short time to smell it.

No one has mentioned cinnamon?! Well I get a strong cinnamon Smut from this! The red candy coating is made from cinnamon candies, and it is poured over a layer of Smut. That's it. Deliciously Smutty cinnamon candy, no apple.  I really like it!

In the imp: Apple, thick spiced cider, and skin musk.

Wet: Very smutty musks, laden with a horrifyingly sweet apple and groggy, sugary cider.

Dry: Once the booze wears off (which it does surprisingly quickly), a sweet musk carrying only a trace of apple. Around 6 hours wear time, but with a very strong throw for almost all of that time.

Stars: ★★★½

First impression: Oh my god. This is delicious. I do get stroooonnngggg cinnamon as poenari states. Then, as it burns off a bit, it settles into something absolutely gorgeous and delicious that feels SO SO sexy. I definitely can detect the musk a bit, but it's smothered by a delicious sugary cinnamon. I'm sure the musk comes through a bit more the longer you wear it, so i'll update if it shifts again. 

Edit: holy shit this just gets stronger as the day goes by? It REEKS of bubblegum now. It's bubblegummy and so toothachingly sweet I almost want to wash it off. Cinnamony bubblegum. I've not tried the traditional smut, so I'm hoping :beg:that it gets more sultry and and less girly. Something about this screams jailbait and I can't put my finger on what. 

Edit THREE! mailshock is absolutely a thing. This smells AMAZING on my skin today which is so odd considering yesterday it made me gag everytime i sniffed my own wrist. Now it's perfect. LET YOUR OILS REST!!!! 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled