Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Red Currant, and Tuberose

This is more subtle than other DL scents I've tried. The creamy, sweet tuberose really balances out the sharp, cologne-y dead leaves note. The red currant makes it tart and sweet at the same time. It's almost like a Luper-blushed Dead Leaves blend. Medium throw and wear length. I only have a decant, but this one's bottle-worthy for me. 

Tuberose and dead leaves. I really didn't get red currant from this, but I did get the tuberose, and leaves. Medium throw and wear length. This one is one of the softer DL blends of the release.

In the imp: Tuberose and autumn leaves.

Wet: A very thin oil; noticeably moreso than others from this year's Halloweenies. Slightly spicy red currants and tuberose sprinkled on a base of crunchy leaves, reminiscent of a warm and sunny day in early autumn.

Dry: I slathered this because a) it's lovely and b) it was Halloween when I was testing. It didn't last long but I love it anyway. Medium throw, shorter lived than most (at least on me).

Stars: ★★★★★

This was kindly gifted to me — ordinarily I don’t do tuberose. On me, it’s bright tangy red currant and lots of tuberose with hardly any dead leaves. In fact this is the least dead leafy DL I have ever worn, possibly because my skin’s tendency to amp tuberose is drowning out any leaves. It’s surprisingly pleasant given how little I like tuberose. And it doesn’t stick around terribly long. 

Edited by Lucchesa

-A a dash of eerie, with the spot-on decaying harvest of those dead leaves
-A spike of edgy with the bright bite of red currant, sort of like a punk in a twilight graveyard
-Like Linnea Quigley stripping in a cemetery, but with the addition of holly, and wintry greenery and Christmas lights?
–Festive, in a naked, brain-eating zombie way?