Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This one starts out with aggressive cinnamon. Like, *aggressive* cinnamon. As in sticking-your-nose-in-a-cinnamon-scented-candle cinnamon, and combined with the dead leaves, it's a bit much. Fortunately, after drydown, the cinnamon settles quite a bit, and more of the sweet notes come out. After settling, the leaves stand out more than the cinnamon buns. The cinnamon buns are still detectable, though, and do that thing that sweet notes seem to do to the dead leaf note -- adding warmth and toning down the super green, bell-pepper-esque scent people tend to notice in the dead leaf note. The end stage is warm, dry leaves with a hint of cinnamon buns wafting around in the background. Fortunately, it lasts for a long time post-drydown, so if this sounds appealing, powering through the "ZOMG CINNAMON" stage might be worth it.

In the decant: I don't get the same sense of aggression as the previous reviewer, but it is mostly cinnamon. I'm also not getting detectable dead leaves at this point. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's initially sweet cinnamon -- not quite cinnamon candy, but a cinnamon roll with icing sounds about right -- and the dead leaves start to swirl up. As it dries, it settles down to be mostly cinnamon again. I have a feeling I'm getting cinnamon, plus the peppery bite of the dead leaves note, plus whatever sweetness is coming from the "buns" aspect of cinnamon buns -- and the dead leaves and "buns" aspects are cancelling each other out, more or less, leaving... mostly cinnamon. 

This is where it stays on me. If I sniff very closely, I can pick out the dead leaves under the cinnamon and some sweetness on top of it, but the general vibe is straightforward cinnamon. I love cinnamon, and if I didn't already have some cinnamon-forward blends in my regular rotation, I would consider a bottle of this. 

Wet, this is some bath product, shampoo or body wash, that I can't quite place. Dry it's a sweet DL, slightly foody, although I wouldn't be able to label it as 'cinnamon buns'. I never got any aggressive cinnamon.

I did not get as much cinnamon as others. I got basically a very strong bread note, and dead leaves. Sometimes I caught a whiff of cinnamon. But in general this was a strong bread note and dead leaves. Medium throw and wear length.

in the imp I get the bell pepper note I sometimes get from leaf blends. On me it's almost...lemon? There is cinnamon here but I'm wondering if my decant was labeled properly. I seem to get a bread or pastry note at a distance, so maybe? Will update.

Edit: leaves turned to dirt eventually then disappeared. In the morning I got something a bit like cinnamon King Cake. I love King Cake but I'll stick with that one.

Edited by patina

In the bottle: There's cinnamon, and it's spicy, but I wouldn't call it aggressive.

Upon application: I very quickly get a cloud of sweet cinnamon rolls with icing. It's really nice! But then something weirder than aggressive cinnamon happens, it starts turning kind of chocolatey on me, the way that my nose seems to usually process sandalwood. Later on it gets an almost leather sort of note to it, though not like any leather that I'm used to -- it's very buttery. Whatever it's doing it's really psyching my nose out. At the end of the day, it's just kind of a generically-sweet smell.

Final verdict: I don't know what's going on here but at least it's pleasant.