Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Leather, Indigo Incense & Red Amber

In the bottle: This is much fruitier than I was expecting. A blast of tart dried fruit and opium smoke. The leather is very subtle. I think it may be red leather, ala Dragon's Hide, but really toned down. Amber is mostly here for support.

Dry: Indigo incense is the main player, "indigo" is still tracking as "fruit" on me though. Evocative to the berry incense that comes in the tall containers in corner bodegas with dark opium undertones. This is the dominant scent after drydown and stays there for the duration. 

This is a touch too fruity for my tastes, and I definitely wanted more leather than I'm getting. But the incense note is spot on.

Ooooh i like this!

I agree it's *almost* fruity in the bottle, and maybe a touch on the skin, but it's definitely not foodie or pinpointable to a certain fruit

The leather is very nice (I'm a leather lover), soft and snuggly under the incense 

just wearing it I'm aware of the leather more, but a closer sniff is much more incense. 

almost red musk later on?

reeaaally good throw. I just dabbed a little on one wrist and it's very noticable

*edit, but it's only that noticeable for 3 hours maybe...the fades waaaaay down (have to sniff wrist)

Edited by Roogna

I will skin test this later but I wanted to say that the incense here reminds me very much of the incense in All Souls. I cannot wait to try this.

When this first hits my skin, it's soapy, but that lasts for less than a minute. It settles into a rich, fruity incense, and I do agree with supreme_C0rt that it's tinged with opium.  The amber and leather are barely making an appearance on me, although an almost spicy note plays around the edges.  This is not at all what I expected -- I wanted a lot more leather than this and some amber too -- so I'm going to hang onto the decant to see if it gets more balance with age.  I'm also going to hang onto the decant because it's a gorgeous incense blend, even if it isn't what I was hoping for.

This blends out into a gorgeous, warm, sweet, spicy-smoky scent with a hint of fruit that is just gorgeous. If the notes sound good to you, then get this.

Edit: it reminds me of Mania! I miss Mania, so that's a delight to realise.

Edited by storme

I blindly ordered this because I am a sucker for Leather & Amber together, and always looking for more combinations with it. 

I was super surprised by how strong the Indigo is in this bottle, and was put off at first because it wasn't what I was expecting.

However, after some time I couldn't help myself and had this scent stuck in my mind - I started opening this bottle and using it, and immediately fell in love.

It's an easy daily wear scent, not as complex as many of my bottles, but I love it for it's simplicity, and I love the blend of these three notes. The indigo remains strong, and it's a gorgeous addition to my collection.