Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Red Mandarin, French Lavender & Juniper

In the decant, it's bright and herbaceous, with the lavender standing out quite a bit. The citrus is more of a background player, but it adds a noticeable brightness to the lavender and juniper. Once on, the herbaceousness of the lavender dies down, and I get something that reminds me of soap, but not in a bad way -- it's bright, clean, and refreshing. Unfortunately, it fades super fast on me -- after an hour, I get just a faint whiff of mandarin on my wrists. Probably going to pass on a full bottle due to the short wear time, but I'll hang onto my decant. I feel like this would be a fantastic room scent.

On wet after a few seconds, the red mandarin really stands out to me and is a lovely, sweet orange citrus. The juniper is about equally as strong with herbal lavender more in the background.

As it dries, the three notes blend together very beautifully. The lavender and juniper together read almost like a minty pine to my nose, and they really go together well with the sweet citrus.

I really love this, even though it only lasts for a couple of hours before it's mostly faded away.

I love citrus, I love French lavender, and I like juniper, so I was really looking forward to this.

But sometimes mandarin just turns to soap on me, and that is the case here. I get strong, soapy mandarin, backed by the lavender and juniper, which just takes the scent more into soap territory. Over time, the mandarin retains its soapiness but also manages to smell like an orange children's vitamin on me.

Epic skin chemistry fail, sadly. :( 

Lavender, mandarin, and underneath a bed of juniper. It's green, herbal, and reminds me to French provence blends. It's got that fresh, clean, herby smell. Would make a great room scent. Medium throw and wear length.

This was another free sniffie bottle I received from Ajevie, and I have to say this is nicer than I thought it would be! It's pretty clean and soapy, so if you don't like those types of scents I would avoid this. I think there's also a slight minty undertone to this as well, not sure what note could be causing this but my guess is the juniper. The lavender didn't really appear until it dried down but it blends in pretty well with the mandarin. While it's definitely soapy and herbal, it's got this sweetness to it as well which makes this a bit more wearable for me.