Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Ceylon Cinnamon, Olibanum & Cacao

In the bottle: Dry, slightly boozy cinnamon and a whiff of resin and dry cacao. 

Wet on my skin: Dry, warm, woody cinnamon with slightly lemony frankincense and a hint of dry, slightly powdery cacao. 

Dry: This dries down as an equal partnership between that dry, warm, woody cinnamon and slightly lemony frankincense. The cacao is a secondary player on my skin, adding just a hint of bittersweet, powdery cacao to the back edge of the scent. First part of the inhale = cinnamon-olibanum. Second part, as you're done inhaling and it's already in your nose = cacao appears. I was thinking this might be slightly similar to a couple other beloved LEs I have that involve some/most of those notes, but it's actually not too similar to any of them, and I'm not even mad. I am a huge sucker for good frankincense scents, and that's exactly what I got. My *only* quibble with it is that it's fairly close to the skin and doesn't last terribly long, but I suspect a few months of aging will fix that. 

I love this. It is very similar to Pliny's Phoenix (so, definitely Frankincense and a very nice one) but the cacao smooths any sharp or rough edges here and, instead of smelling it, the cacao is just supporting the best aspects of the cinnamon and frankincense. This is lovely.

Dry powdery cacao a whiff of cinnamon and olibanum. This is mainly a dry powdery cacao on me. Medium throw, low wear length.

Cacao sludge in the bottle, don't forget to shake/rattle and/or roll!

Freshly applied, this is a lovely dry cacao with a hint of cinnamon. Dry, it is mainly frankincense/olibanum for me.