Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Himalayan White Tea, Lemon Peel & Grass

Starts out pretty sweet, even bubblegummy, but the grass and maybe the more herbal edge of the tea become more prominent during the drydown. Granted, it's still plenty sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. The grass threatens to turn to soap on me (as it is wont to do), but never actually goes over the edge, which is a plus! All in all, a pleasant everyday scent. It's not the most complex thing I've gotten from the lab, but I think I'll be reaching for this often.

Wet: Lemon and Skittles.  It's almost overpoweringly sweet.

Kind of dry:  All the sweet is gone. There's a body lotion smell that comes out on my skin.  It's one of the common commercial ones, like Jergens.  I have no idea where this came from--I don't put anything on my skin when I'm trying things out.

Drier: Burst of grass but it's very short lived.

Dry:

L wrist: A hint of tea, grass, and body lotion.

R wrist: Body lotion.

It's not an unpleasant smell but it's not quite what I was expecting.

Agreed with the previous reviewers that this starts off super sweet. If this is lemon peel, it's a candied one (or a super sweetened white tea). Definitely lemony, but very, very sweetly so. Fortunately, as it dries down, the grass and tea amp up and tone down the sweetness (the grass manages not to go to plastic on me, as it sometimes does). Overall: bright, grassy, and citrusy. Doesn't have the longest staying power, but it gets a few good hours in before starting to fade.

Wet: Lemonheads! It's like I can taste them.

Dry: this mellowed out a lot, and now it smells like a high-end spa. There's a scent memory in here of Green Tea Therapy from the Healing Garden, but like, real and not perfumey at all. The grass and tea have come out more and tempered the lemonheads note down considerably. This is refreshing and herbal and lovely. Uplifting and healthy, clean, bright, like fresh air from a window on a cool day.

I can tell I won't get much longevity from this, but it's great while it lasts.

Edit: I popped back in here because I've tried it a few more times. There was something *else* in this blend that was pulling at some nostalgic memories and I was trying to figure out what it was. I wasn't totally nailing the comparison to Green Tea Therapy -- it's not just that, although there's some of it. There's a teasing here of Gap Grass (one of my holy-grail nostalgia smells), and also, weirdly? The memory of Tommy Girl (a_bear had it right: CK One!) It doesn't smell like either of those per se, but it does smell like the memory of those. This blend is so faint that it feels like I'm smelling a ghost.

If you went to high school in the '90s, spend some time with this blend and then hit me up in the DMs because I'm like, totally buggin'? 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

In the bottle and initially wet, this smells like candied lemon. As it dries the candy element fades, and it becomes a really bright, fresh lemon and tea blend - the grass is there, but it doesn't scream grass! to me the way that, say, Wer Opfer Heut Zu Bringen Scheut does. Definitely a very happy scent for me. This may be the kiss of death for some people, but it reminds me of sniffing my friend's giant bottle of CK One in high school. I find the citrus doesn't fade as quickly in this as it does in some other blends.

I've tested this one three times. The first two times, I mainly just got sweet lemon and white tea from it, which made me think it was like a less sweet version of Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. It's sweeter than you would think, given that there are no sugar notes in the description, and white tea can be pretty astringent, but it's not here. The third time, I did get the green grass. It remains in the background throughout wear and is more of a soft green grass than a crushed or just mowed type of green grass. The lemon loses most of its sweetness after a while but never stops being the star. It's a nice, fresh scent that is very uplifting -- the only downside is that it stays close to the skin. I think I'll hang onto the decant for now, but I don't need to hunt down more of this one.