Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lan Yueliang

Lilith's interpretation.

From the Littlest Perfumer: I’m taking Mandarin now and we’re learning a lot about holidays that follow the lunar calendar. This perfume is inspired by me thinking about how the moon guides our lives. It’s a little sweet and a little sour. Blueberries and white tea with sugar, lemon peel, and bergamot.

This is unexpected and interesting and lovely. 

It's definitely sweet and sour, especially in the bottle on first sniff. But on the skin it's a unique morpher, for me.

Wet: it's like a lovely soft, moon... the blueberries, from Blueberry Picking, are there but not in a gourmand sense, and they blend evenly with the creamy whispers of the lemon and bergamot.

Dry: The white tea is also ephemeral and seems to be the note that morphs the scent on the dry down, as teas can do, into a hint of powder. The blueberries go away and the citrusy floraly notes come through.

This is like....the little girl who went blueberry picking, grew up, came in and away from the grass,  and turned it into a true young ladies perfume. 
So lovely. 

This is so different from my usual heavier, darker scents. It's light, fun, youthful, fresh, and uplifting. The blueberry is prominent when wet, then retreats on drydown. The citrus is tangy, definitely more peel than fruit, which balances out the sweetness of the sugar. This is not a sweet, gourmand fragrance. It reads as white musk to me, though that's not a listed note. The tea is very subtle, just providing enough backbone to hold up the sugar and fruit. I really love it and am glad I blind bottled it. Medium throw and wear length. 

In The Bottle: A nice light mix of blueberries and white tea. Lovely!

Wet On Skin: More of the same, but I'm getting some of the sugar note in the mix, which makes it a bit more complex. 

Dry Down: Same as above, but warmed up a bit with the emergence of the lemon peel, oddly enough.

In All: The scents that Lilith herself designs have often been of a particular kid-slant: extra fruity, or candy-like confections that are quite tempting (Kwame Cotton, I'm looking at you!) but with all the limitations and benefits that implies. This is a MUCH more sophisticated scent and shows that Lilith is growing more and more into the amazing adulthood that awaits her.  

In All: Light, delicate but well-grounded scent. Medium throw- use less than you think you'll need given the scent profile. I usually reserve these kinds of notes for summer-only wear, but there's something deeper about this scent that makes me want to wear it on a bright, icy cold winter's morning full of sunshine and remnants of snow crystals floating through the air. ❤️ 

Really nice; it was a random pick out of my new box and it's very upbeat. In the bottle: I'm getting a sugary lemon floral with a hint of herbiness. On, wet: The tea and bergamot notes start to open up, which adds a dry bitter note and tones down the initial sweetness. Drydown: After a few hours I'm left with a very clean white tea and bergamot thing. Wish it lasted longer on me, because I really love all the phases of this perfume during its drydown and wear.

Wet: Sugary blueberries, with white tea and a hint of lemon. The lemon is VERY tangy!

Dry: The blueberry scent is a little weaker (boooo), but the white tea and lemon are about the same. I LOVE catching whiff of the lemon - it kind of creeps up on you. 

Sort of an elegant blueberry tea scent. Curious to see if the blueberry comes out more with a little aging.

This is beautiful. And despite the notes, it ends up being a "deep" scent to me rather than a high-pitched one. It's sophisticated and deep and a little mysterious. Maybe more unisex than feminine. I dig it. 

I echo that this is beautiful, wow! I, uh, considered buying this for someone as a gift . . . but I'm keeping this bottle, sorry. 😅 White tea can be hit or miss for me, but the blueberry and citrus notes complement it perfectly here. The blueberry does its top-note thing, starting off juicy before fading, but I can still smell a hint of it a couple hours later. Maybe the citrus helps anchor that fruit aspect. So, white tea with blueberries and lemon, but perfumified. It's cool, elegant, and feels sophisticated but grounded. I look forward to wearing it on days when I need a little serenity.

Immediately I get the scent of the sourest of lemons, but dries down pretty quickly to a slight powdery sugar tea with lemon. Blueberry is there on the background, so my body chemistry must amp up the lemon note to drown it out. For me, it's more of an Arnold Palmer (half iced tea/half lemonade) blend but with blueberry lemonade.

This is absolutely beautiful, I would say it's almost a sister scent to Dorian or Jareth. It's very sugarly sweet but has that sour edge to it. I really love this more than I expected, even though I'm sad I don't get more blueberry from this. Going to keep an eye out for a bottle before it goes away, this is my favorite so far from the October 2020 lunacies! I'm sure aging will do wonders as I've heard it does to scents like this.

White tea, lemon and a whiff of blueberry. This is a lemony tea, and like a baby Dorian. Medium throw and low wear length.

This is LOVELY on me- it smells fresh, clean, and a little like herbal tea. Unexpectedly, I got engaged while wearing it, so I had to, of course, go back and get a second bottle, because I expect i'll want to wear this at my wedding. WELL DONE LILITH!

4 hours ago, AlpineRN said:

This is LOVELY on me- it smells fresh, clean, and a little like herbal tea. Unexpectedly, I got engaged while wearing it, so I had to, of course, go back and get a second bottle, because I expect i'll want to wear this at my wedding. WELL DONE LILITH!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I have nothing helpful to say but I wanted to exclaim how much I love this perfume and there is nothing else like it. It is genius, expertly blended and perfect for the days surrounding the full moon. I love this so much.

Edited by HerbGirl

This one is confusing to me. All those notes sound beautiful, but they don't seem to be working on me the same way they do in other perfume oils. In my decant, I get the blueberry, citrus from the lemon peel and bergamot, and an herbal edge from the bergamot and white tea. It's lovely at this point. On my skin, the white tea takes over a bit, pushing this into a more unisex/gender-neutral scent, and the lemon peel edges it closer to masculine. Unfortunately, the blueberry smells a bit like play-doh. I've never had this happen, so I'll be retesting this a few more times, but I was so sad.

Another wonderful blind buy! I get lush blueberries with a sharp lemon zing in the bottle, and it stays like that right onto my skin... But then it mellows out beautifully! It's so fresh, clean, uplifting. My mom caught a whiff and asked if I just showered, lol. This never really becomes an overtly herbal scent on me. It becomes a lovely citrus with very light floral notes from the tea, I think? I'm still trying to understand the tea notes on me. The blueberry faded fast on me, but it was lovely catching hints of it in the first hour. Happy to have a bottle!

My skin ran away with the citrus notes in this one. The blueberry resides beneath the astringent white tea and lemon during the first few hours of wear, but it ends up being almost completely overtaken by the citrus in the end. There ends up just being a hint of blueberry in the background on me. And while I like citrus, I wish I were getting more sugar, because this is waaaay more tart than sweet on me. But I am glad that I got a chance to try it.

Doesn't have much staying power or throw, but I enjoy it while it lasts. I think of blueberries as having a pretty subtle scent, but they are detectable, at least initially. The white tea is also not crazy sharp as it can often be on me. The lemon peel is somewhere between the almost candied-smelling lemon peel in the Himalayan White Tea, Lemon Peel, and Grass trio and the more natural/less sweet smelling lemon peel in the Green Tea & Lemon Peel duo.