Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Blauer Mond 2020

Brian's interpretation.

A whisper under the moonlight: blue musk, and indigo amber, myrrh, moonlit oudh, opoponax, terebinth, and tobacco leaf.

Whoa! This is so much. There's definitely an inkiness to it. I feel like I'm back in my friend's bedroom in highschool. Ball-point pens and heavy incense, along with a body musk with a hint of smokiness caught in her hair. The oudh is in the background, threatening to ruin things, but it seems like the musk and opoponax are speaking over it. It starts to sweeten up ever-so-slightly, thanks to the myrrh, but I feel like the terebinth overlays a coldness over it.

This is heavy and dark. This definitely gives me some witchy vibes. I don't think I can do this justice since this is so far from my usual library of smells. I wanted to try something new. This is very evocative, though. I can see a lot of people really digging this, possibly even turning it into an atmo spray.

This is definitely an inky, musky, incense-y kind of scent. In the decant, I get the musk, amber, and a hint of terebinth, but there's also something that's slightly musty to me in there -- I think it might be the oud. Fortunately, the oud behaves after application, and the musty note calms down. As it wears, it's primarily dark, smooth musk and amber, and even though incense isn't a listed note, there's something there that makes me think of a heavy incense. It has great wear time, and over time the myrrh slowly comes out and sweetens the scent a bit. The end result is nicer than the first sniff in the decant suggested, but it's definitely not the kind of thing I'd grab for everyday wear.

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous. It's so cool blue and smooth, but also rich deep warm resins at the same time. The myrrh is definitely there first, but there's something else I can't quite identify that's giving it a coolness and a mistiness, maybe? I dunno, this one is really hard to describe. Just a lot of rich resins dancing between cool blue and warm rich smells in a really amazing way. As it dries it loses a bit of the cool blue-ness and settles more into the rich resin-y warmer side of things, but still in a very complex well-blended kind of way. It's not a fully dark smell, but there's a kind of cool, well-lit night nature to it though still. Quite evocative of a night under a full-moon.

Cool blue musk, amber, and a whiff of tobacco. This one is a very subtle unisex to slightly masculine blend. It's cool and silvery, but not femme. Think of it as the reflected light of the moon on animal fur on a full moon night. Low throw, average wear length.